Gaming FIFA 21

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Genuinely pretty sure we could fix these defensive problems with some coaching.
I mean I win most of my matches online and pretty much all against the AI so to say everyone just isn’t that good is a bit silly. It doesn’t make the things about the AI untrue. They mark you like magnets sometimes.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I mean I win most of my matches online and pretty much all against the AI so to say everyone just isn’t that good is a bit silly. It doesn’t make the things about the AI untrue. They mark you like magnets sometimes.
Marking yeah I’d agree they do but tackling them I’ve never not felt in control of it

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
I was specifically asked about career mode. Having played it those were my thoughts as I get deeper into the mode I’ll update.

The gameplay is also better too. But not matter what I say someone will moan despite not playing it so why would I bother?

I’ve done the ball through legs move 5+ times already and it’s worked a treat with Bruno Fernandes... just saying.

Pressing absolutely does work. You have to press as a team though not one player. I did it and funnily enough it was Kepa who ended up passing to Bruno for an easy round the keeper and tap in.

I’m not sure if you’ve played 21 yet but sorry to disappoint you mate it’s better.

Even small things like tight touches are more fluid but you have to know how to play it and when.
Literally the earlier post of yours that I quoted you said that the gameplay will change ofcourse.

The gameplay always in final version always seems to get worse in the final version.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Literally the earlier post of yours that I quoted you said that the gameplay will change ofcourse.

The gameplay always in final version always seems to get worse in the final version.
And you’re also proving my point they no matter what I say people won’t accept it.

The gameplay is better

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@BenitoSTARR What difficulty are you playing on in 21? I'm just wondering because, when I played Career Mode in 20 on Legendary difficulty, it was quite easy for me for the most part, and I only felt the "Legendary" difficulty in 1-2 matches a season.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
@BenitoSTARR What difficulty are you playing on in 21? I'm just wondering because, when I played Career Mode in 20 on Legendary difficulty, it was quite easy for me for the most part, and I only felt the "Legendary" difficulty in 1-2 matches a season.
I play on legendary too I think sharpness needs tweaking more than anything because I’ve had a couple of high scoring wins which to be fair were deserved so I’m not sure how much is me grasping the controls quickly (loving agile dribbling to create passing lanes with Bruno!) and how much is the game.

I’m going to play about with the sliders a bit to see what the issue is because it’s not pace I just think I’ve got a very good side that are well trained and benefitting from that.

The best games I’ve had were so far City and Liverpool particularly Liverpool who barely gave me a moment and had to resort to longer passes and making use of the call player function (RB on Xbox R1 PS)

I’ve aced all the training session apart from champion attacking (only can manage a B) so most of my first team rarely drop below 90+ sharpness with subs 80-90.

Of course when you bring in a reserve player it’s a lot more difficult so personally I think sharpness is the key here.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can’t believe Greenwood’s face isn’t scanned. I hope it is for the full game.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Career mode is tediously boring, hats off to anyone who has the patience to play the A.I in the way it is required to win but that is far from fun. All the players feeling the same doesn't help either, the player individuality goes a long way for me in making master league fun in PES. It is actually exciting when you sign a new player and he plays and looks differently to what you already have in the team. It is a shame FIFA don't focus more on this especially considering they have all those icons in FUT.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Can’t believe Greenwood’s face isn’t scanned. I hope it is for the full game.
That was the one thing that annoyed me but again it’s not the full release.

Funnily enough Angel Gomes is missing too. Not just from United but in general :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I play on legendary too I think sharpness needs tweaking more than anything because I’ve had a couple of high scoring wins which to be fair were deserved so I’m not sure how much is me grasping the controls quickly (loving agile dribbling to create passing lanes with Bruno!) and how much is the game.
In 20, I remember that player morale was overpowered and resulted in teams becoming way, way better than they should have been. If Sharpness is as broken, then I really hope that they nerf it.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
All I really care about is Career Mode so, naturally, I haven't bought and stuck with a FIFA game since FIFA 16 (which I still play). I bought 17 but didn't like it, didn't both buying 18 because I was playing other games, bought 19 but didn't like that either, and haven't bothered with 20. Hope 21 is worth buying.

Kearnkoff69

All I really care about is Career Mode so, naturally, I haven't bought and stuck with a FIFA game since FIFA 16 (which I still play). I bought 17 but didn't like it, didn't both buying 18 because I was playing other games, bought 19 but didn't like that either, and haven't bothered with 20. Hope 21 is worth buying.
I’m also a career mode lifer. I’ve tended to stick with one copy that I really like and buy the new FIFA when it goes on super sale at the end of the year, just to try it out. Been playing and loving 19, jumped on an EA sale a while back for 20 and thought it played like absolute garbage so haven’t touched it since. Really hoping 21 is a step up in the gameplay department.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
I’m also a career mode lifer. I’ve tended to stick with one copy that I really like and buy the new FIFA when it goes on super sale at the end of the year, just to try it out. Been playing and loving 19, jumped on an EA sale a while back for 20 and thought it played like absolute garbage so haven’t touched it since. Really hoping 21 is a step up in the gameplay department.
I think the major problem for most people, myself included, is how repetitive gameplay becomes against the AI. It's been so bad ever since the move to Frostbite, where AI players just stand still and wait for something to happen instead of constantly moving around. Will see what the reviews say. Need to move on from FIFA 16.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think the major problem for most people, myself included, is how repetitive gameplay becomes against the AI. It's been so bad ever since the move to Frostbite, where AI players just stand still and wait for something to happen instead of constantly moving around. Will see what the reviews say. Need to move on from FIFA 16.
Think it will be that way until they decide to move to a new engine. Hopefully PES direction will shoot a rocket up their arse.

Kearnkoff69

I agree with you there. I see people online crying out for new career mode features, but I'd honestly prioritize a massive upgrade in gameplay over new things to do. I find ways to make it work for me - most recently I've started a road to glory with Newcastle, dropping them down into League Two and selling off all their players whilst replacing them with YA promotions - but the game shouldn't make it hard to enjoy playing. The new engine should hopefully remedy that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I like that you can set yourself whatever budget you want before a career now. Should add way more flexibility like that, let people play their own way.

hobbers

They ignored Pro-clubs again, isn't it?
Don't be silly, they added custom tactics. Brand new feature. Definitely hasn't been in Fifa for a decade already in all the other modes.

Oh, and you can customise your non-virtual pro players, so now everyone will be able to have a full team of multicoloured afros all with racist names, rather than just their pros.

The EA sports pro clubs "development" team is literally one guy who works part time on Tuesday and Wednesdays.

The contempt they have for their captive audience is actually impressive.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They released top 100 ratings, basically everyone from 93 (Messi, Ronaldo is 92) down to just 1 84 rated player (Haaland).
United players so far:
  1. Bruno - 87
  2. Pogba - 86
  3. De Gea - 86
  4. Rashford - 85
Martial not on yet, but likely 84.
Comparatively, liverpool...
  1. Van Dijk - 90
  2. Salah - 90
  3. Mane - 90
  4. Allison - 90
  5. TAA - 87
  6. Firmino - 87
  7. Fabinho - 87
  8. Robertson - 87
  9. Henderson - 86
  10. Wijnaldum - 85
CL winners (and treble) Bayern on the other hand...
  1. Lewandowski - 91
  2. Neuer - 89
  3. Kimmich - 88
  4. Muller - 86
  5. Thiago - 85
  6. Gnarly- 85
  7. Sane - 85
Can't make this shit up :lol: Disgusting overrating on Liverpool players.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Utd have a partnership with PES. Were always going to get shafted.

My club are doing that and also suing Football Manager. Do they hate us or something?

Woodzy

I have no complaints with our ratings but on what planet is Henderson more highly rated than Thiago?

KennyBurner

how can they put rashford at 85 and martial 84? So many questionable ratings including Henderson at 86. FIFA down in the mud.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Feck Fifa this year. Downgraded all United player rating because United don't have exclusive deal with them.