Gaming FIFA 21

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Would Fifa be better without overall ratings?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Definitely. I feel that the overall ratings sometimes mislead people into evaluating players in the game. I've had several occasions where I'd pick a player with a worse overall just because they have better stats in certain specific attributes (e.g. Akinola over Jozy Altidore as Akinola is quicker and a better dribbler).

By doing away with overalls, people wouldn't jump the gun when it comes to evaluating certain players.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Definitely. I feel that the overall ratings sometimes mislead people into evaluating players in the game. I've had several occasions where I'd pick a player with a worse overall just because they have better stats in certain specific attributes (e.g. Akinola over Jozy Altidore as Akinola is quicker and a better dribbler).

By doing away with overalls, people wouldn't jump the gun when it comes to evaluating certain players.
It doesn’t really make a difference does it, apart from discussion. OVR is just an indication, doesn’t affect how players perform in game.

Chief123

They released top 100 ratings, basically everyone from 93 (Messi, Ronaldo is 92) down to just 1 84 rated player (Haaland).
United players so far:
  1. Bruno - 87
  2. Pogba - 86
  3. De Gea - 86
  4. Rashford - 85
Martial not on yet, but likely 84.
Comparatively, liverpool...
  1. Van Dijk - 90
  2. Salah - 90
  3. Mane - 90
  4. Allison - 90
  5. TAA - 87
  6. Firmino - 87
  7. Fabinho - 87
  8. Robertson - 87
  9. Henderson - 86
  10. Wijnaldum - 85
CL winners (and treble) Bayern on the other hand...
  1. Lewandowski - 91
  2. Neuer - 89
  3. Kimmich - 88
  4. Muller - 86
  5. Thiago - 85
  6. Gnarly- 85
  7. Sane - 85
Can't make this shit up :lol: Disgusting overrating on Liverpool players.
Henderson is as good as Pogba AND better than Leroy Sane! :lol: :lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Just seen a glimpse of the new features and whoever came up with "agile dribbling" can feck off :lol: How the feck is that shit even considered seriously? Players sliding all over the pitch with the ball close to their feet, who dribbles like that in real life ? Last FIFA I bought was 17 and I was wondering about 21 but I'll gladly pass

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
By the way, I just learned that Bayern Munich are also fully licensed on PES. That may explain why they have surprisingly lower ratings.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
It doesn’t really make a difference does it, apart from discussion. OVR is just an indication, doesn’t affect how players perform in game.
Except it does because the overall is based on each attribute in respect of their position. Obviously a player might have better attributes for what you’re after with a lower overall because they’re crap elsewhere but in general overalls obviously do make a difference to how good the player is in game.

Skills

Snitch
They should just hide all ratings/attributes. Game would be a much better experience.

Obviously wouldn't sell as many FUT packs though, as that's what the game is designed to funnel you into doing every year.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just seen a glimpse of the new features and whoever came up with "agile dribbling" can feck off :lol: How the feck is that shit even considered seriously? Players sliding all over the pitch with the ball close to their feet, who dribbles like that in real life ? Last FIFA I bought was 17 and I was wondering about 21 but I'll gladly pass
Last FIFA's I bought was 15 I believe and given FIFA 20 is on a ridiculous discount of 3 dollars, I thought this a good way to give it a go. Then I saw someone play FIFA 21 with the agile dribbling and it reminded me why I left FIFA in the first place. That's not football, it's a bunch of blokes on skates playing ice hockey. The over responsiveness and ball physics are just so absurd.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Except it does because the overall is based on each attribute in respect of their position. Obviously a player might have better attributes for what you’re after with a lower overall because they’re crap elsewhere but in general overalls obviously do make a difference to how good the player is in game.
Maybe in career mode simulation, but apart from that - no. It’s literally just a number calculated by a weighted average from the stats, an indication. Müller for instance has an artificially high OVR because EA are unable to get his rating correct without giving him stats they don’t think he should have. Does that make him a better player ingame? No. One or two years ago they changed their algorithms for fullbacks OVR to make fullbacks higher rated in general. Did that make them better in game? No.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Absolutely.

You should be able to see the stats for each skill and then maybe a base potential to improve same as before but beyond that it’s an arbitrary number assigned that is inflated artificially by “international reputation” in other words we can’t make them any better without boosting.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Last FIFA's I bought was 15 I believe and given FIFA 20 is on a ridiculous discount of 3 dollars, I thought this a good way to give it a go. Then I saw someone play FIFA 21 with the agile dribbling and it reminded me why I left FIFA in the first place. That's not football, it's a bunch of blokes on skates playing ice hockey. The over responsiveness and ball physics are just so absurd.
In a nutshell, I don't understand how they introduce an abomination like that. They market their game as being realistic but all they do is the opposite basically. Realistic cosmetic stuff you'll pay the attention too once (crowd animation for instance) and the most important thing is broken.
Again it's fecking ridiculious how this agile dribbling is on video :lol:, it hasn't been mentioned IMHO, it will break the game.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
My theory is that football games got worse when outrageous skills that never actually get used in real football were put in the game.

Josep Dowling

The game was the broke the minute they created ultimate team. Since then it’s all about making more money from selling cards than the actual game itself. It has ruined every single game on consoles. They update the kits, player transfers and fiddle the game play ever so slightly and that’s it. How can they not do every single player’s face on the game now? They have an entire year to scan them in. Small improvement to try and justify the price. I won’t be buying it this year.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So does anyone know how the free upgrade to next gen version will work? Will it be a case of walking into Game or another store and just exchanging say a PS4 copy for a ps5 copy?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Madden 21 got absolutely panned. Wonder if FIFA 21 will follow suit. Apparently they didn’t even try with Madden. The whole game is one hot buggy mess. Some speculate that it’s because of cross gen year and obviously COVID that it turned out like a big steaming pile of shit.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
My theory is that football games got worse when outrageous skills that never actually get used in real football were put in the game.
I don't really see Fifa as a football sim anymore. It's just another COD/Fortnite style game now for kids to show off how good they are at playing it, and fair play I guess if that's the aim.

It plays at about 5 times the speed of an actual football game for a start. They could improve the realism drastically just by slowing it down, if they wanted to, but the monster has eaten itself.

I don't really get why people get obsessed with unrealistic player ratings on a game where "Bantz3000" can beat "FifaLegendlegit" 7-5 by scoring two hatricks with some kind of golden version of Ronaldo who was also playing for the other team. I mean make up your mind what you want. Realism or arcade lunacy.

Cloud7

By the way, I just learned that Bayern Munich are also fully licensed on PES. That may explain why they have surprisingly lower ratings.
It'll be interesting to see if this trend continues, and what it does to FIFA. There's a lot of discontent with it, and a lot of long time players don't really buy it anymore, myself included. The reason I never got PES is because of that issue with having the actual teams, not just user generated versions of said teams. If PES manages to get the big boys to sign on with them, I think a lot of people might consider going that route. I certainly would be interested.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Based on the pattern of previous demos it should be this Friday, but who knows.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
So glad Ive broken the hold EA had on me and I’m not getting 21. I’m not even slightly tempted finally dawned on me the game made me angry and it’s not even slightly enjoyable So I’ve binned it off.

I hope for your guys sake it’s enjoyable and stress free.

Bojan11

So they going to release a more broken game and blame it on COVID.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
In spite of all this, I’ve ordered so I can play it 3 days early because I’m bored as feck after working from home for 7 months and likely another lockdown approaching.