Gaming FIFA 21

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
In spite of all this, I’ve ordered so I can play it 3 days early because I’m bored as feck after working from home for 7 months and likely another lockdown approaching.
Play PES instead!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
If the Madden release is in any way a base for comparison, it just isn't ready for release.

Had already decided on skipping this one. Will give myself a year break in the hope I see something better in 2022.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Couldn’t get into it. I enjoy the aesthetics and authenticity of fifa even if it infuriates me.
I’ve really enjoyed it, far less scripting and nonsense than FIFA and you can build a huge varied squad of legends and special players without spending a penny on packs.

Grib

So the catalogue is gone, I assume they think we're all stupid and don't know this is an obvious step to adding micro transactions to career mode in a future series

You want a new set of boots - money
ball - money
kit - money
takeover - money
scout future star - money

Lame, I mean I only really used it for boots but sucks that it's going to cost money in another fifa (22 probably)

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
So glad Ive broken the hold EA had on me and I’m not getting 21. I’m not even slightly tempted finally dawned on me the game made me angry and it’s not even slightly enjoyable So I’ve binned it off.

I hope for your guys sake it’s enjoyable and stress free.
I'm thinking about skipping it a year and see what fifa 22 brings.

ovoxo

So the catalogue is gone, I assume they think we're all stupid and don't know this is an obvious step to adding micro transactions to career mode in a future series

You want a new set of boots - money
ball - money
kit - money
takeover - money
scout future star - money

Lame, I mean I only really used it for boots but sucks that it's going to cost money in another fifa (22 probably)
Didn’t they give some preorder special where if you preorder before a date you get a special youth player or something? Basically something that was in the catalogue before.

Grib

Didn’t they give some preorder special where if you preorder before a date you get a special youth player or something? Basically something that was in the catalogue before.
Yeah and also takeover is an option when starting a career, what i said was I expect that to change in future series

ovoxo

Yeah and also takeover is an option when starting a career, what i said was I expect that to change in future series
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the catalogue has gone. It’s a shame, the boots were something I went for too. Although last year I avoided it as there was a bug where if you edited the player their position would change or something. Think it was fixed eventually though.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm thinking about skipping it a year and see what fifa 22 brings.
I would say do it. it’s personal choice though. It all depends on how varied your game you like are, there’s quite a few decent single player titles coming out this next year on ps5 that I’m interested in.

I love football but hate EA they’re kind of like the glazers they love taking the profits in and counting the money they make from ultimate team but don’t give a damn about the crappy product Or customers that support the game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Web app out. Got untradeable Trent Alexander Arnold in the starter loyalty gold pack... Swear I have the best luck at the start of every year.

Also listed all the player I got from the other starter packs, bought Greenwood for 2.9k. I'd expect he goes up a fair bit! Also got Mctominay and Williams on cheap. Mctominay looks like he'll be a good DM and Williams has pace so thats all you need from fullback. Will probably go for Calvert Lewin as a stop gap up top, looks decent.

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

Im switching over to the ps4 for fifa since I always play it on xbox. Can you use the xbox fifa account over to the ps4? My xbox username is still there for the fifa 21 app. But i dont want to do anything on that if it doesn't move over to playstation when I sign in for the release

Last edited:

Bojan11

Bateson has spent £20k on Fifa Ultimate points apparently. EA could have also topped him up too. They given all these streamers the full game and they all opening packs. That’s how the addiction starts, when their audience watches and wants to emulate.

shabz

Sold all players from starter packs today, currently on 24k coins. Not sure whether to invest now or wait to see if the market crashes when the early access comes in.

RonaldoVII

Sold all players from starter packs today, currently on 24k coins. Not sure whether to invest now or wait to see if the market crashes when the early access comes in.
I'd invest now. Or use it to trade. Nothing is crashing for a good while yet.

bosnian_red

Im switching over to the ps4 for fifa since I always play it on xbox. Can you use the xbox fifa account over to the ps4? My xbox username is still there for the fifa 21 app. But i dont want to do anything on that if it doesn't move over to playstation when I sign in for the release
Nope nothing moved over. Had to do it in 2014 I think when PS4 came out.

bosnian_red

Currently have:
Son (loan) Jimenez Greenwood
Grealish Mctominay Andre Gomes
Williams Egan Webster TAA
Martinez

Perisic Dzeko Visca
Brozovic Rakitic Pjanic
Missing some players obviously but everyone was super cheap. Jimenez for 4900, Greenwood for 2900, Grealish 1700, Pjanic for 4000, Perisic and Dzeko for 850, Brozovic for 1900 (got 2 of him).. guaranteed to go up with sbc's due to them being 83/84/85 overall.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Apologies if this has been asked before, and my attempts to google it were futile - If I get FIFA 21 on PS4 and then buy a PS5 and use the game on the new console, would that be an inferior experience compared to if I just waited until the PS5 came out and got FIFA21 for the PS5? Like would there be a difference in graphics or whatever?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Apologies if this has been asked before, and my attempts to google it were futile - If I get FIFA 21 on PS4 and then buy a PS5 and use the game on the new console, would that be an inferior experience compared to if I just waited until the PS5 came out and got FIFA21 for the PS5? Like would there be a difference in graphics or whatever?
I saw rumours the digital download you would get for ps5 wouldn't be a top spec version but I don't understand how that would be, especially when you consider they have a digital only console. So in answer to your question I don't know :lol:

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
What happened to the free pack you get from logging onto the web app?
What a joke. A nice feature that probably had absolutely no impact on the market but they’ve scrapped it anyway. Was usually a shit reward but was something to look forward to in the early days when everyone has nothing in their club.

Didn’t touch UT in Fifa 20 for the first time since it came out as DLC in Fifa 10. Didn’t miss it one bit. Don’t think I’ll touch it again unless they scrap Fifa points and add some fun tournaments with rewards. There’s nothing fun about division rivals and weekend league, takes too much time to grind for any decent reward

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Should I sell all the players I have then Start from scratch from a league I like?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
What would be the best version of Fifa to buy for a PS4? The reviews for 2020 are awful and I was considering getting a football game.

AaronRedDevil

All I have packed is that spurs left winger which sold straight away for 20k. Thiago Silva and one other player sold for 30k. Cant remember who.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Ahh I got Thiago too, I managed to get my hands on Havertz for £80k and he looks amazing. Building a prem team is so expensive though.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I have managed to pack Lebondobski and in form Suarez, both going for a combined 275K right now, should I sell or wait for the full release?

At the minute the game is meh, defending is hard for me.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
was considering trying it. What’s the pros vs fifa? Reading online reviews it’s supposed to be more tactical/realistic?
Ill be honest I haven’t played FIFA for 3 years but yeah for me it’s a bit slower and far less bullshit than you get with FIFA. There is definitely some scripting but not to the point where you suddenly feel like a spectator like I remember in FIFA.

fergieisold

Ill be honest I haven’t played FIFA for 3 years but yeah for me it’s a bit slower and far less bullshit than you get with FIFA. There is definitely some scripting but not to the point where you suddenly feel like a spectator like I remember in FIFA.
United players in fifa also look horrific, guessing they don’t have exclusive rights. Tempted by the PES united version.

AaronRedDevil

PES is miles better in every way. But they dont have Clubs which is my main draw. Even the UT is miles better in PES.

Chief123

If you buy Fifa 21 on PS4, you can use it on PS5 as well when it comes out.