Gaming FIFA 21

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I am ready to be hurt again.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Expecting PS5 game play? Obviously the core gameplay will be the same but I want to see some shiny new graphics.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Fool me once shame on me fool me since FIFA98... can’t wait!

binary bot
All I've wanted in Fifa for the past 10 years is some depth in clubs. I am also ready for disappointment.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’d love a decent career mode. The most neglected area which if anything has regressed used to be able to create your own team and kits, get sponsors decide where the team celebrates a win or goes for team bonding meals.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What do we reckon the new feature will be?

Strategical defending
Intuitive attacking
Precision meandering?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
What do we reckon the new feature will be?

Strategical defending
Intuitive attacking
Precision meandering?
360 innovation (going round in circles)
Active touch
Pass mastery
Controlled aggression
Improved AI
Blah blah blah

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Could play a game of fifa bullshit bingo haha

We all pip in with 5 key words we think will appear Whoever gets the most wins

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can’t wait for them to announce new FUT legends and then also be like oh yeah in career mode you can change players hair now.

Bojan11

Don’t expect anything major.

pro clubs, UT, Volta and career news will be talked about in August.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I broke the cycle last year. After years of saying "it's the same shit and I'm not getting next year" I actually didn't get it. Brilliant decision. So much time saved from the Ultimate Team grind and so much anger avoided.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'll see what people say about it first when it's out on the new consoles. If it sounds like they're making use of the next gen stuff I'll have a closer look, otherwise, feck that. I assume they won't be.

hobbers

Spoiler:
Gameplay is another step backwards for the fourth year running
No notable improvements for anything, anywhere, at all
BUT
New modes on UT!
New packs on UT!
New ways for them to scam kids out of their parents money on UT
And some shit Volta Street mode no one will bother with while we quietly remove other modes and leave the rest totally unserviced, like career or online seasons or pro clubs.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
To be fair I feel like the first Fifa on the ps4 was a good jump, and same with the Xbox 360/ps3 from the generation before. So I'm looking forward to it. Don't have that big of a problem with the year after year similarity really, its a football sim after all and the slight updates/changes are enough to freshen it up enough for me to justify buying it given the hours I put in over the year.... but still is nice when they make actual changes. So hoping for the best.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
An interesting, in-depth and intuitive career mode or there is no point

Hoof the ball

In true and time honoured tradition they'll rename an existing feature and sell it as a fresh one

Career Mode will now be Journey Mode.
Finesse finish will now be Precision Placement.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Last Fifa I played was 2016. Just got bored after same game being released year after year. Will be interesting to see next gen version this year.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
In true and time honoured tradition they'll rename an existing feature and sell it as a fresh one

Career Mode will now be Journey Mode.
Finesse finish will now be Precision Placement.
Ultimate Team will now be Magnificent Members

Riz

I broke the cycle last year. After years of saying "it's the same shit and I'm not getting next year" I actually didn't get it. Brilliant decision. So much time saved from the Ultimate Team grind and so much anger avoided.
I broke it for FIFA 19 but relapsed and got FIFA 20, I think overall it’s stressed/angered/annoyed me more than the joy I’ve got out of it. I’m gunna say I won’t get this one now.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Maybe they’ll be finished with Frostbite. A new engine would be really cool.

Nickosaur

Even though I haven't bought a FIFA since 17, I still get a buzz when the new one is announced. I guess in the faint hope that they might actually do something groundbreaking with it. Been a shitshow since they focused on the UT crowd.

Bojan11

Not sure where this talk of new engine has come from.

I highly doubt it. Also the game will be free like Madden for PS5 and Series X if you have bought the digital copy on current gen consoles. So I don’t see big differences between all of them besides better graphics on the new consoles.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Not sure where this talk of new engine has come from.

I highly doubt it. Also the game will be free like Madden for PS5 and Series X if you have bought the digital copy on current gen consoles. So I don’t see big differences between all of them besides better graphics on the new consoles.
The first Fifa (15?) on PS4 was much smoother and better animated than it was on PS3. The difference wasn’t huge, but it was noticeable.

Bojan11

The first Fifa (15?) on PS4 was much smoother and better animated than it was on PS3. The difference wasn’t huge, but it was noticeable.
Yeah but they had to make a new version for PS4 because there was no BC or smart delivery option. It had to be made from the ground up. That’s not the case this time.

dove

Yeah but they had to make a new version for PS4 because there was no BC or smart delivery option. It had to be made from the ground up. That’s not the case this time.
Not entirely true. They didn't have to make it from ground up, could have easily made it compatible with PS4 but the power new consoles allowed them to make the animations "smoother and better animated", together with slightly improved graphics. I am not expecting a new engine for FIFA 21 but we will most likely see a similar upgrade.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Any chance any time soon Ultimate team will be removed due to the gambling nature of it ?

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I think only then you sill begin to see significant changes to the game , hopefully it comes soon because i find playing against the AI unplayable due to how boring it is.