Gaming FIFA 21

No Love

I had a weird bug. Scored to make it 2-1 and an extra goal was added to make it 3-1.
That sounds like you’re playing one of the ‘Friendly’ game modes. Mystery ball, or something. Intended as a more ‘casual’ game mode.

pascell

I’ve got a weird issue that I’ve not seen mentioned elsewhere. I’ve only played a few games, some as United & started a career mode as Villa but I’ve noticed that the replica shirts in the crowd literally only have the sponsors on, no club or manufactur logos.

Has anyone else had this at all? I’m on PC.
Always been the case, would cause some serious input lag should they have the finer details on the shirt.

JB7

Always been the case, would cause some serious input lag should they have the finer details on the shirt.
Sorry but it definitely hasn't always been the case, I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. In FIFA 20 the crowd replica shirts are fine.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I suck at FIFA
The usual cause for this is you are trying to play football instead of trying to play Fifa. I was G3, Div 5 level player, till I stopped trying to do what I'd like to see happen in real football and started trying to do what I saw good fifa players do.

AaronRedDevil

Ok I just started playing division rivals on FUT and I’m on my longest win streak ever (6 wins, zero loses so far). Though I didn’t realise now that those would determine what division to put you in. Now accidentally I’m in Div 3 and I’m screwed :lol:. I’m a good player but not THAT good. Couldn’t even get out of div 6 in FIFA20. I’ve a crap basic team and they put me up against guys that have Auba and Rashford. Meanwhile I have Muriel and Rebic. It’s annoying since with a very basic ITA team, he couldn’t beat me and we drew 2-2. Drawn simply because I can’t barely get past his defence. So now I’m basically stuck playing against some really better players. Thank feck I’ve a lot of coins but I didn’t want to spend much till the prices drop down around after Christmas.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The usual cause for this is you are trying to play football instead of trying to play Fifa. I was G3, Div 5 level player, till I stopped trying to do what I'd like to see happen in real football and started trying to do what I saw good fifa players do.
What's that?

To be fair I have Rodri and Gundagon in midfield and Kane up top. So slow :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
What's that?

To be fair I have Rodri and Gundagon in midfield and Kane up top. So slow :lol:
Pace and boot the ball long to your wingers, think Jose in defence, Klopp in attack. Nothing else works, any kind of possession play will leave your defence wide open because of defensive line creep.

Acole9

Outstanding
What's the transfer window like in career mode? In Fifa 20 the transfers were stupidly unrealistic and it spoilt the game.

Based Adnan

Don't want this to come across as a humble brag or anything but is anyone finding playing against the cpu a bit too easy...?

I only play career mode - playing on legendary and i'm pumping every team by 4 or 5 goals every game which seems a bit unrealistic. Might have to mess about with CPU sliders.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Don't want this to come across as a humble brag or anything but is anyone finding playing against the cpu a bit too easy...?

I only play career mode - playing on legendary and i'm pumping every team by 4 or 5 goals every game which seems a bit unrealistic. Might have to mess about with CPU sliders.
Operation Sports is a terrible gaming forum but it does have a good sliders community. Generally some really good FIFA ones in there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What's the transfer window like in career mode? In Fifa 20 the transfers were stupidly unrealistic and it spoilt the game.
FIFA have now introduced a setting to make them somewhat more realistic...for yourself. Basically:

Other teams, however, can still have their somewhat unrealistic transfers though they may not be as prominent as they were in 20.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
FIFA have now introduced a setting to make them somewhat more realistic...for yourself. Basically:

Other teams, however, can still have their somewhat unrealistic transfers though they may not be as prominent as they were in 20.
That just seems like they're going from one extreme to another with no middle ground. :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That just seems like they're going from one extreme to another with no middle ground. :lol:
It definitely does feel like that, yeah. Whilst players not moving to rival clubs makes sense (and something I'm okay with), that does tend to go a bit too far (e.g. Fulham players can't transfer to Arsenal and vice versa). Also, one-club players have moved to other clubs in real life (e.g. Raul, Terry, Lampard, etc.).

AaronRedDevil

Just a few nit picky things I hate in CM. That you can’t talk to a player about contracts again after ignoring them for a small while. Like dude there’s still 6 months left to sell you, just let me give you the bloody money. Another thing is deleting emails, I don’t care if there’s a link, just fecking delete them. Also being unable to sell a player as the transfers keep breaking down. I even offered less then he went or even less then they asked for and still won’t sell. Why is that even a thing. Hate the copy and paste FIFA has been doing for a while now.

Last edited:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Me: Presses the AI as efficiently as possible.

AI: Passes the ball through the press with perfection every time regardless of player ability.
Pssst. You're a mainly offline fifa player. If presentation/lack of Bundesliga doesnt bother you (although fixable on ps4) pes 2021 update is fantastic gameplay wise, even against the ai. Each match feels different. Players just feel like they should. Might take some getting used to the controls but once your fifa muscle memory disappears, you'll be having fun.

Sorry for the pes v fifa debate! Just a heads up as ya know me as a fifa guy.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Pssst. You're a mainly offline fifa player. If presentation/lack of Bundesliga doesnt bother you (although fixable on ps4) pes 2021 update is fantastic gameplay wise, even against the ai. Each match feels different. Players just feel like they should. Might take some getting used to the controls but once your fifa muscle memory disappears, you'll be having fun.

I think you'll see a lot switching next year when they have the new game engine

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax

You'll be on fifa by years end, like me you've got a problem, an addiction dont starve it, feed the fifa addiction.

Bojan11

I think you'll see a lot switching next year when they have the new game engine
Nah, PES needs to be really good not just offline, but online too for people to switch. People moan about EA servers. But they are amazing compared to the servers Konami use.

Fifa also has pro clubs, which is the best mode and sadly they ignore it.

AaronRedDevil

Nah, PES needs to be really good not just offline, but online too for people to switch. People moan about EA servers. But they are amazing compared to the servers Konami use.

If pes ever gets pro clubs. I'm jumping. But till then. I'm sticking with fifa.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
First the game gave me untradeable Hazard, now Modric. I think EA is trying to send me subtle clues.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

You can choose the alternative controls which is basically FIFA controls.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
How long will a Spanish team (consisting of players like Iniesta, Inaki, Lorrente) be viable? I’m a couple games away from div 1 and really enjoying it but I’m already coming up against much better teams. Haven’t played ultimate team since it came out really and I dunno if I cba to carry on if I’m priced out of competing.

Absolutely. Until getting into UT this year I had no idea how much content there was. Clubs is much more fun (to me) yet it’s basically identical to the version that first came out.

I'm looking at it from a competitive standpoint.

The skill gap hasn't been this big in a FIFA game in a very long time.

There's so many advanced mechanics in attack and defending hasn't been this hard in a long time.
Im kind of surprised by this, I actually thought the skill gap has been reduced. It was a lot harder to score last year, whereas this year it’s almost impossible not to score. It might feel different to me because defending is my weak point.

Eddy_JukeZ

How long will a Spanish team (consisting of players like Iniesta, Inaki, Lorrente) be viable? I’m a couple games away from div 1 and really enjoying it but I’m already coming up against much better teams. Haven’t played ultimate team since it came out really and I dunno if I cba to carry on if I’m priced out of competing.

Absolutely. Until getting into UT this year I had no idea how much content there was. Clubs is much more fun (to me) yet it’s basically identical to the version that first came out.

Im kind of surprised by this, I actually thought the skill gap has been reduced. It was a lot harder to score last year, whereas this year it’s almost impossible not to score. It might feel different to me because defending is my weak point.
I believe the skill gap is higher that way when it's easier to score.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I'm looking at it from a competitive standpoint.

The skill gap hasn't been this big in a FIFA game in a very long time.

There's so many advanced mechanics in attack and defending hasn't been this hard in a long time.
Skill gap is big at the moment because once again a lot of players don’t want to learn how to defend well they just want to hold one button and be done with it.

Manually jockeying is as much as skill as learning the dribbling mechanics but people think if you can’t instantly tackle the players then defending is broken.

Baxter

Division 1 is a pain in the arse just now. I’m using a pretty standard starting team and coming up against Ronaldo, Mbappe, Neymar, Varane and Van Dijk every game :lol:

@Eddy_JukeZ You reckon the player lock is worth learning? I have only seen 1 or 2 guys try to use it, so I can’t be bothered going into squad battles to get familiar with it.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I believe the skill gap is higher that way when it's easier to score.
yeah I guess that’s a fair point, on the whole the games tend so far have been a fair reflection of who was the better overall over the 90. Even if I go a couple down early I’m still confident I’ll get it back, It just feels weird to have games that finish 7-4 against people last year I’d have kept a clean sheet.

Chief123

Fifa 21 is exactly the same as FIFA 20. I knew it was and just to be sure I reinserted fifa 20 to play it after playing 21 and my thoughts were correct. Usually there’s even minor changes but I guess with covid and with ps5 fifa 21 in the pipework not much effort was made with fifa 21 on the PS4. So they basically got the same game, changed the kits and updated transfers then released it as a new game.
I don’t find FIFA 21 the same as 20 at all. Yes of course there will be a lot of similarities but that’s because there’s only so many ways you can play the same game of football. But there are loads of differences in gameplay now. I’ve been playing FIFA forever and this is certainly more playabale and exciting than last years one. I would say it’s one of the better FIFA’s they’ve made in a long time

Yeah it’s the same game
It’s certainly not. A lot better than last years.

Ole90+3

I don’t find FIFA 21 the same as 20 at all. Yes of course there will be a lot of similarities but that’s because there’s only so many ways you can play the same game of football. But there are loads of differences in gameplay now. I’ve been playing FIFA forever and this is certainly more playabale and exciting than last years one. I would say it’s one of the better FIFA’s they’ve made in a long time

That's a negative. It's the same game, and it's utter trash.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Enjoyment of the game is of course subjective, but I can't figure out for the life of me how someone can say the gameplay is the same.

Eddy_JukeZ

Division 1 is a pain in the arse just now. I’m using a pretty standard starting team and coming up against Ronaldo, Mbappe, Neymar, Varane and Van Dijk every game :lol:

@Eddy_JukeZ You reckon the player lock is worth learning? I have only seen 1 or 2 guys try to use it, so I can’t be bothered going into squad battles to get familiar with it.
I feel like it just slows you down at the moment too much.

But I could be wrong and it might be useful in the long run.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

It's quite different, the keeper might as well as not be there when someone breaks your defence, there has been some updated feck ups for the keeper as well like the keeper missing a standard save at his close post.

When you switch from normal pressure to constant pressure, you can actually see it happening, defending is harder, but that the way it should be, it seems to be a faster paced game than last year as well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I feel like it just slows you down at the moment too much.

But I could be wrong and it might be useful in the long run.
What’s your current record looking like? Do you find you lose a few in the early days and then get into your rhythm as you learn the best mechanics or are you just comfortably that good from the off?

Eddy_JukeZ

What’s your current record looking like? Do you find you lose a few in the early days and then get into your rhythm as you learn the best mechanics or are you just comfortably that good from the off?
My current record is 175 wins, 5 draws and 3 losses. I was on 1 loss for a very long time, but I blew 2 games last night.

I've adjusted extremely well this FIFA early on. I'd say it depends on the FIFA in terms how well I do early on, but the past 2 games, I think I've done well early on.

The worst start for me was FIFA 19.

Eddy_JukeZ

Enjoyment of the game is of course subjective, but I can't figure out for the life of me how someone can say the gameplay is the same.
It's just lazy analysis honestly.

People can think what they want about FIFA, but the gameplay does differ.

There's so many differences from 18 to 19, 19 to 20, and finally 20 to 21.