Gaming FIFA 21

Kostov

I actually can’t understand it. It’s like leaving out a face on Mbappe a year ago!
On top of that, they removed Laird's face and Angel Gomes also, while you find face scans for some random blocks in the 3rd tier.

EDIT: One question, from this year's edition will the game update the players faces in an already existing Career mode for example, or will I have to start all over again?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
On top of that, they removed Laird's face and Angel Gomes also, while you find face scans for some random blocks in the 3rd tier.
I get the impression EA are bitter as hell. As soon as Utd signed with Pes all our ratings took a dip which is funny as when we signed with fifa ages years before we were heavily overrated.

Kostov

I get the impression EA are bitter as hell. As soon as Utd signed with Pes all our ratings took a dip which is funny as when we signed with fifa ages years before we were heavily overrated.
Well I bet there is something in that PES link of ours, but I can't convince myself to switch to them as of yet. However some of the things they are pulling is pathetic imo.

TrustInJanuzaj

Well I bet there is something in that PES link of ours, but I can't convince myself to switch to them as of yet. However some of the things they are pulling is pathetic imo.
I really hate FIFA this year so I’m seriously considering switching to PES next year. Already sounding out my mates so we can make the change together. Fifa is just so arcadey these days it doesn’t even resemble football.

Dan_F

Nah we’re just shit.

I’m finally getting somewhere with the game, but probably need to switch to full manual defending, instead of auto switch on air balls to take that next step. Will probably try it out on some friendlies later.

TrustInJanuzaj

Nah we’re just shit.

I’m finally getting somewhere with the game, but probably need to switch to full manual defending, instead of auto switch on air balls to take that next step. Will probably try it out on some friendlies later.
I don’t think so, Bayern have been shafted the same way despite being the best team in the world by a mile. Liverpool on the other hand have been massively overrated as they aren’t on PES it’s a theme that’s run for ages. Once PES get the license all your players drop a couple ratings.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Nah we’re just shit.

I've not played for just over a year, but I'd advise never to change from auto switching on air balls. You'll concede from crosses constantly if they go to a striker who you aren't covering before they cross.

GledTheRed

I fecking hate how they didn't add a face scan for Greenwood, I mean wtf EA the kid is one of the most talented young footballers around and is made to look like that.
Pretty much ruined the game for me, lazy bastards have given the poster boy Loic Remy' 2014 face.

Dan_F

I've not played for just over a year, but I'd advise never to change from auto switching on air balls. You'll concede from crosses constantly if they go to a striker who you aren't covering before they cross.
That’s what I feared. It just winds me up as it seems to auto switch at times where it isn’t needed.

Painer

Im for the most part enjoying this years Fifa but that may be due to having missed the last couple of years iterations.

My main gripe is the 3 speeds of gameplay I encounter often within the same session. There's the most popular speed which is generally well paced and players are responsive enough and I can play the way I want.
Then out of nowhere I get one of the next two....

Slow, players sluggish, dont sprint, dont react....all the while my opponent dances around me pinging it left right and Chelsea.

Or...

The gameplay speed gets increased about 10x. Its rapid, ball pinging everywhere and it feels smooth...however I get that gameplay so rarely that when I do encounter it I'm like a bronze 3 player. Its the gameplay I tend to see the streamers/creators play with.

Best part of this game is not spending a single penny. Anything I achieve is just so much more rewarding.

Adcuth

Anything be done to stop keepers being useless. Some of the goals i concede are ridiculous. May as well not have a keeper for some of them

Davìd Moyéz

Anything be done to stop keepers being useless. Some of the goals i concede are ridiculous. May as well not have a keeper for some of them
Seen a couple of complaints about this. I've not come across this at all. I've played hundreds of games this year and haven't had a single keeper blooper either for or against. Who are your keepers?

Dan_F

Haven’t had many keeper errors really, not due to glitches or anything. The worst thing I’ve had is when going to clear the ball with the keeper, you hold down the long ball button and it acts like you’ve asked them to do a low driven pass. Goes straight into the on rushing attacker.

Adcuth

Seen a couple of complaints about this. I've not come across this at all. I've played hundreds of games this year and haven't had a single keeper blooper either for or against. Who are your keepers?
All different ones. Like they do a shit little dive when the ball isn't far away from them, had a few where they drop to the floor with out actually going for the ball. They seem to be beaten every time by shot from the edge of the box shooting towards the far corner

TrustInJanuzaj

All different ones. Like they do a shit little dive when the ball isn't far away from them, had a few where they drop to the floor with out actually going for the ball. They seem to be beaten every time by shot from the edge of the box shooting towards the far corner
The keepers are pretty terrible. Best ones I regularly encounter are Allison, Nick Pope, Ter Stegan as the top three and then a few other half-decent ones like Oblack, Courtois (brilliant on crosses). Most of the others seem terrible.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Are there any Fifa ps5 trailers yet?
https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-...&utm_medium=social&cid=66599&ts=1606234971625

- Haptic feedback
- Better jostling or something
- Crowd chants (?)
- Improved player models.
- Reduced mechanical movement? Similar to that NBA clip where the transition between animations is smoother I'm assuming.
- Players adjust their shin pads in the 89th minute and scream at each other. (Separate)
- New camera angle
- New lighting?
- New cutscenes to skip before a match
- Contextual player/bench/fan reactions to big goals
- Quick load times (obv)

fergosaurus

Just saw the manager sporting a full kit on the touchline. Took me a second to realise it was him, I was thinking I don't recognise that player. :lol:

fergieisold

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-...&utm_medium=social&cid=66599&ts=1606234971625

- Haptic feedback
- Better jostling or something
- Crowd chants (?)
- Improved player models.
- Reduced mechanical movement? Similar to that NBA clip where the transition between animations is smoother I'm assuming.
- Players adjust their shin pads in the 89th minute and scream at each other. (Separate)
- New camera angle
- New lighting?
- New cutscenes to skip before a match
- Contextual player/bench/fan reactions to big goals
- Quick load times (obv)
cheers, doubt it’s going to help me get any better! Just about survived relegation from division 8 in seasons.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They're all seeing how much Beckham got paid and now want in. Anyway I feel like this is a question on fifpro more than ea. Bale replied with the same sort of stuff. Some new data protection company is telling them they can/should get paid for use of their image rights and stats to be used in video games, so they're all trying to get a cut imo. Ibra like the others obviously knew about how he's used in Fifa, he's held a big POTM card when he was at United.

Dan_F

They're all seeing how much Beckham got paid and now want in. Anyway I feel like this is a question on fifpro more than ea. Bale replied with the same sort of stuff. Some new data protection company is telling them they can/should get paid for use of their image rights and stats to be used in video games, so they're all trying to get a cut imo. Ibra like the others obviously knew about how he's used in Fifa, he's held a big POTM card when he was at United.
It’s a massive reason why players are global stars. There’s a huge market of people that won’t watch games of these players but use them on Fifa. I’d always assumed the image rights of the players were part of deals EA has with the leagues.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Who's this Anders Verjgang 14 year old kid? 165-0 undefeated in FUT as of 3 days ago. :lol:

He's a fecking animal. Really top player, can't compete with the pro's till he's 16 so hard to know if he'll be as good with the changes. Pausing the game after every goal to get the other guy to quit is proper asshole stuff though.

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

He's a fecking animal. Really top player, can't compete with the pro's till he's 16 so hard to know if he'll be as good with the changes. Pausing the game after every goal to get the other guy to quit is proper asshole stuff though.
Strange thing is that he got beat a 8-0 a week ago, but it was a friendly only. No one knows anything about the guy who beat him, except that he's called Tobias Jensen and is rumoured to be 15 himself.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Strange thing is that he got beat a 8-0 a week ago, but it was a friendly only. No one knows anything about the guy who beat him, except that he's called Tobias Jensen and is rumoured to be 15 himself.

Fecking teenagers with their stupid fast reflexes and enjoyment of monotonous right stick wigging.

Mr Smith

Can honestly say I feel this is the worst Fifa in 10 years. Chaotic in the worst way. What's more, they've turned career mode into being about training with the occasional match thrown in. I've never bought into Ultimate Team, so I think this might be the last time I give them my money. Might give PES a go after resisting all these years...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can honestly say I feel this is the worst Fifa in 10 years. Chaotic in the worst way. What's more, they've turned career mode into being about training with the occasional match thrown in. I've never bought into Ultimate Team, so I think this might be the last time I give them my money. Might give PES a go after resisting all these years...
There are actual people at EA who thought adding something that makes you press R3 every 5 seconds was a good idea.

binary bot
Gave this another go tonight but can't get into it this year. I was in favour of more manual defending but it's completely out of sync with the automatic nature of attacking - makes the game a complete shitshow.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Hating this now. Can't defend at all. Every single through pass from opponent is a 1:1 with the keeper. Pace is inconsistent as well. 19 was quite good.

fergosaurus

Very much enjoying career mode this year. The training is a pain but I think the gameplay has significantly improved and it's also good that you don't need to get 106 points to win the league. Every team finished in a realistic position and don't make strange decisions like resting several key players in important games.

fergosaurus

I take all of that back. Just got stuffed 1-5 by Liverpool at Old Trafford. Also Kevin Friend is a ballbag

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Yeah some of the fouling in this game is a joke.
I gave away two pens in the same game on WL yesterday and I'm not being funny, both were good challenges.

As somebody else mentioned, fecking throughballs.
I feel like their is more to it this year, and I cant quite get my head around it.
Players make these weird, impossible passes through my tight defence, yet, even basic through balls for me are absolutely useless at times.
And their is nothing better when you see a man open, load up around two half bars of power, and he makes a 1yrd pass to the guy next to you... :houllier: