Gaming FIFA 21

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Is it just me or everyone? I can't seem to defend a bit. All it takes is a through ball and the attacker is 1:1 with the keeper. The defender just can't keep up with the attacker.

With the love I have for fifa, I just keep trying to see if I can make it work. No luck!

Feel like I have wasted my money this year.

bond19821982

The game play sucks as well. I try to pass it to someone on left, it passes to the centre. Seriously getting frustrated

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Desperately want them to put Cavani into the game and TOTW to I can have some fun. The lack of creativity of teams is diabolical this year.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Desperately want them to put Cavani into the game and TOTW to I can have some fun. The lack of creativity of teams is diabolical this year.

What do you mean lack of creativity?

Are you suggesting most people are running

Pope
Semedo - Gomez - Varane - Mendy

or

Allison
Semedo - Van Djik - Varane - Mendy

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
This is among the worst games ever made.

Doesn’t look like football. Doesn’t play like football.

If there was no branding, players names etc, nobody would play it. It’s not properly enjoyable anymore.

It’s a horrible game that rewards how you move a joy stick and press buttons. You learn how to make a jerky player move around in the right way to work around the shocking physics engine.

Y’all are mental. You’ve been tricked. Laugh at me all you want, this game is shit One on One with a mate and looks awful.

Don’t get me started on the trading card collection nonsense either.

FIFA doesn’t even make an attempt to be a faithful sports simulation game at this point because you all let EA know that you don’t want one.

bond19821982

A follow on guys. Learnt the basics of defending, my attacking has improved alot and in scoring come sexy goals (thanks Joe Felix). Using a 4321 with certain instructions and I love it. Now next steps if anyone can assist.

1. Out wide and wanting to beat a man I struggle with. Would help a lot with techniques that work. How to keep the distance before a skill move etc.

2. Keepers are none existent, so if they do the usual strike across goal when they're mbappe when a through ball takes out all your players, is there nothing to stop this?

3. Best shot selection for certain angles would be amazing.

Thanks friends x
What was the basics you learnt in terms of defending? Any kind of tips is appreciated

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
What was the basics you learnt in terms of defending? Any kind of tips is appreciated

Use that. Don't give up on it, Get used to it, definitely play on co-op view and use the LM and RM in attacks.
Some people will destroy you, after struggling in div 5, I've moved to division 3 with not much of a problem

Chief123

Who's this Anders Verjgang 14 year old kid? 165-0 undefeated in FUT as of 3 days ago. :lol:

He's a fecking animal. Really top player, can't compete with the pro's till he's 16 so hard to know if he'll be as good with the changes. Pausing the game after every goal to get the other guy to quit is proper asshole stuff though.
He actually plays very similar style to me. I know it can feel like shit to play against but you have to use what the game is coded to be effective with. Sadly it is just a rapid combinations of step overs, elastico, ball rolls and Fake shot stops. Once you nail the combos it’s near on impossible to contain for majority of players. I have around 90% win rate at the moment but I wouldn’t back myself against most of the Pros

You just have to master defending and work out how to minimise the goals against.
Will be interesting to see how he does against Pros but a lot of what he is doing is easy to manage if your pro level.

LARulz

For everything?
Yeah, I think it's considerably better. The shooting will take a while to get used to but it's good when you do. Just don't blast everything and the margin for error is small - I would say aim pretty much middle of the goal when you start playing but go about quarter power

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Defending -

1. Don't play one tows with your defenders
2. Don't advance to far forward with your defenders
3. Never jump into challengers, EVER, unless your 110% your going to get the ball
4. Make sure you are in control of the right defender at the right time
5. Position your defender between the striker with the ball and the angle of the goal, defend the space more than the man
6. Jockey, jockey, jockey defenders blocking passes and shots are massive in FIFA 21
7. Sliding tackles are very strong this year.

bond19821982

Use that. Don't give up on it, Get used to it, definitely play on co-op view and use the LM and RM in attacks.
Some people will destroy you, after struggling in div 5, I've moved to division 3 with not much of a problem
Man, why are they making it so complicated. I play for about 30 mins just to have a fun of it. Looks like I have to prepare for 45 min before playing for 30 Mins.

Thanks mate, appreciate the link.

bond19821982

Defending -

1. Don't play one tows with your defenders
2. Don't advance to far forward with your defenders
3. Never jump into challengers, EVER, unless your 110% your going to get the ball
4. Make sure you are in control of the right defender at the right time
5. Position your defender between the striker with the ball and the angle of the goal, defend the space more than the man
6. Jockey, jockey, jockey defenders blocking passes and shots are massive in FIFA 21
7. Sliding tackles are very strong this year.
How do you stop the counters ? Everytime the opponent has a ball he is through outpacing the defender. Feck, I even tried with VVD and still players like Maupay is outpacing him.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
How do you stop the counters ? Everytime the opponent has a ball he is through outpacing the defender. Feck, I even tried with VVD and still players like Maupay is outpacing him.
It can happen to everyone, but if you feel it happens all too often, I can only assume you're too gung ho in your tactics.

I defend mostly with my CDMs. The 3 CBs will hold a good line. If I see a player making a move into space, I'll take over that defender.
Try not to ever tackle (we all do it), but just keep in front of them, maybe a give them a few yards space, so if they want to cut back, you've still got an angle

But that link I sent massively helps your defence stay solid

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Set your formation to play deep, its the only way, and also uses the presents for defensive and attacking to alter the formation. I am no pro btw, Div 4 in Rivals.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Also, when defending, it's hugely important to position your CDM in front of who has the ball, but making sure that the passing lane to the striker isn't open.
If you can do that, let him run into open space, unless he can pull out plenty of skills, it'll be hard to break the defence, just always make sure the passing lane to the strike isn't on.

Look for his free striker, if he starts making a run, he's got a head start on your defender. He's facing the right way, more than likely quicker and already accelerating, so when the through ball does happen, the defender has to adjust which costs time

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Man, why are they making it so complicated. I play for about 30 mins just to have a fun of it. Looks like I have to prepare for 45 min before playing for 30 Mins.

Thanks mate, appreciate the link.
That's the problem with games these days, you've got to put serious time into any game you play to even be remotely competitive online.

Dan_F

I shamefully admit that I googled a formation/tactic that suits how I play. Now I always seem to create an overload wide with a spare man. Previously I had both CMs set to stay back while attacking, now they’re just auto, but it feels like I’m more solid defensively.

It feels stupid to say, but it also makes a huge difference who your players are. I was playing with 82ish rated players previously, and now I have Hugo Sanchez upfront, Ramos, TOTW Courtois...it’s changes everything.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I shamefully admit that I googled a formation/tactic that suits how I play. Now I always seem to create an overload wide with a spare man. Previously I had both CMs set to stay back while attacking, now they’re just auto, but it feels like I’m more solid defensively.

It feels stupid to say, but it also makes a huge difference who your players are. I was playing with 82ish rated players previously, and now I have Hugo Sanchez upfront, Ramos, TOTW Courtois...it’s changes everything.
Absolutely. A slower, but better Ramos is way better than a quicker, Lenglet for example.
That being said, Having Dembele as a striker is nothing but cheating :lol:

My squad, and for the first time ever, not spent a single penny on the game, other than the game itself

Acole9

Outstanding
What do you mean lack of creativity?

Are you suggesting most people are running

Pope
Semedo - Gomez - Varane - Mendy

or

Allison
Semedo - Van Djik - Varane - Mendy
You forgot Rodrigo up front. Every team seems to have him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Have 900k coins; haven't spent shit in weeks and haven't played more than the odd game here and there. Just collecting the weekly packs, sold everyone of worth off a few weeks ago.

Waiting for a couple of more weeks. Beckham icon cards come out this weekend so I doubt they'll be too expensive for too long, plus the free card comes out on the 15th. After that I'll pair him up with Scholes and Giggs, and then possibly Rashford and 90 rated Ruud up top? Never used Ruud but always wanted to. Giggs and Scholes both seem to be around 200k, Ruud closer to 300k but they should all drop a bit more in a few weeks. Maybe aim for 600-650k for Ruud/Giggs/Scholes, and then either get Rashford and the free Beckham, or Martial and get young Becks, assuming he is affordable and like 300k max (might take a bit to get there).

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

If there was no branding, players names etc, nobody would play it. It’s not properly enjoyable anymore.

It’s a horrible game that rewards how you move a joy stick and press buttons. You learn how to make a jerky player move around in the right way to work around the shocking physics engine.

Y’all are mental. You’ve been tricked. Laugh at me all you want, this game is shit One on One with a mate and looks awful.

FIFA doesn’t even make an attempt to be a faithful sports simulation game at this point because you all let EA know that you don’t want one.
I’ve played loads of it this year and I have to agree it’s awful. I’m hoping that career mode on the ps5 will be okay as I’ll likely forget about UT now.

Dan_F

I couldn’t agree more about the dribbling. As soon as I saw agile dribbling was added I knew it was going to be horrible.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I couldn’t agree more about the dribbling. As soon as I saw agile dribbling was added I knew it was going to be horrible.
Agile dribling isn't used that much in my opinion.
Ball rolls and fake shots are still the most overused moves

What's fantastic though is creative runs

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

It really is a poor game, both on gameplay and visuals.
Problem is though, I started PES last night and now that game is starting to irritate me.

UnrelatedPsuedo

It really is a poor game, both on gameplay and visuals.
Problem is though, I started PES last night and now that game is starting to irritate me.
PES has had more versions year on year that were better. It’s still the better football game.

I’m not really a fan of the past 5-10 years of ‘Improvements’ though.

They’ve all got companies to run but their games are not getting better. PES could have stopped engine development in 2007-2010, sunk a decade of dev money into the bank, bought all the rights in 2018, and EA would have been killed overnight.

Yes they all look a lot better and lots and stadia look great. But there’s simply no enjoyment there now.

As a group, we used to play random allocation teams pretty often. There was fun to be had playing as West Ham, Napoli, Leverkusen. No chance doing that now.

FIFA got people addicted to a Dream Team trading card game. The game is tumescent. PES now apes some of the worst aspects of the game to stay relevant. It’s really shit. None of it is breeding better football games.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
PES has had more versions year on year that were better. It’s still the better football game.

I’m not really a fan of the past 5-10 years of ‘Improvements’ though.

They’ve all got companies to run but their games are not getting better. PES could have stopped engine development in 2007-2010, sunk a decade of dev money into the bank, bought all the rights in 2018, and EA would have been killed overnight.

Yes they all look a lot better and lots and stadia look great. But there’s simply no enjoyment there now.

As a group, we used to play random allocation teams pretty often. There was fun to be had playing as West Ham, Napoli, Leverkusen. No chance doing that now.

FIFA got people addicted to a Dream Team trading card game. The game is tumescent. PES now apes some of the worst aspects of the game to stay relevant. It’s really shit. None of it is breeding better football games.
I'm not expecting a great deal of improvements in this new era of Football/Soccer games.

Konami/PES will still be the game that is slightly more on the grounded side of football but even then I can see them going down a more EA route to try and stay relevant while desperately trying to bring in a new crowd.

EA on the other hand, much as I dislike the B'stard company, have everything going for them ,even when their gameplay is utterly comical at times.
They have the fanbase, all the licenses to play with and ,outside of FIFA, other strong titles that bring in the money. Konami don't really have that.

Personally my doomsday prediction is EA wont divert from their now FIFA model. They'll just focus more on their Online gambling gaming community.
I don't expect any tweaks in any of their offline modes, not to the expectation of their small offline fanbase.

Konami ,on the other hand, will do what it's been doing. Begging for scraps in the licensing game while producing minor improvements in their gameplay.
I expect ML and other such content to regress as the series fights on, only to eventually die a death in 2024 (maybe earlier) after being pummelled into the ground by EA's continual financial success in this very, very small field.
The end of PES is getting closer.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I'm not expecting a great deal of improvements in this new era of Football/Soccer games.

Konami/PES will still be the game that is slightly more on the grounded side of football but even then I can see them going down a more EA route to try and stay relevant while desperately trying to bring in a new crowd.

EA on the other hand, much as I dislike the B'stard company, have everything going for them ,even when their gameplay is utterly comical at times.
They have the fanbase, all the licenses to play with and ,outside of FIFA, other strong titles that bring in the money. Konami don't really have that.

Personally my doomsday prediction is EA wont divert from their now FIFA model. They'll just focus more on their Online gambling gaming community.
I don't expect any tweaks in any of their offline modes, not to the expectation of their small offline fanbase.

Konami ,on the other hand, will do what it's been doing. Begging for scraps in the licensing game while producing minor improvements in their gameplay.
I expect ML and other such content to regress as the series fights on, only to eventually die a death in 2024 after being pummelled into the ground by EA's continual financial success in this very, very small field.
The end of PES is getting closer.
PES needs to go underground again. Getting an upload file on USB from a mate was brilliant. They got insanely good at the time.

Just have a dodgy dev team based in China. Build a patch side by side. When PES gets released... HUZZAH! some little sh1t has uploaded a torrent file with patched faces, stadia, kits. Accidentally have a single button to press within the game to ‘browse file’. [This is where you tell me that’s already happening]