Gaming FIFA 21

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
PES needs to go underground again. Getting an upload file on USB from a mate was brilliant. They got insanely good at the time.

Just have a dodgy dev team based in China. Build a patch side by side. When PES gets released... HUZZAH! some little sh1t has uploaded a torrent file with patched faces, stadia, kits. Accidentally have a single button to press within the game to ‘browse file’. [This is where you tell me that’s already happening]
The Option file chaps are really keeping PES alive/relevant at the moment.

I was speaking to one of these option file creators a few months back, he's on one of the more popular PES option file sites, and he's says that they're becoming quite tired now of practically doing Konami's job in the License filed ,with most of these people/fans, who spend hours upon hours creating these files, simply losing interest.
They really felt that they would have less work on their hands when PES went onto the next-gen. But if anything they've had more work on their hands.

Also we have to factor in that most of these guys are in their mid-to-late 30's now and they simply haven't got the time to keep producing these amazing files.
Not sure the young generation have that love for the series or, frankly, patience.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Finished Elite 1 for the first time this weekend. I kinda surprised myself but I never really found any of the 30 games too difficult

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Just looked at how many people follow PES on twitter : 551.1K

EA's FIFA on the other hand have 7.9 Million

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

I was speaking to one of these option file creators a few months back, he's on one of the more popular PES option file sites, and he's says that they're becoming quite tired now of practically doing Konami's job in the License filed ,with most of these people/fans, who spend hours upon hours creating these files, simply losing interest.
They really felt that they would have less work on their hands when PES went onto the next-gen. But if anything they've had more work on their hands.

Also we have to factor in that most of these guys are in their mid-to-late 30's now and they simply haven't got the time to keep producing these amazing files.
Not sure the young generation have that love for the series or, frankly, patience.
Yeah but I’m talking about Anarchist type shit. There must be bajillions of EA hating programmers. Smuggle them some money to do it illegally legit.

Dan_F

Agile dribling isn't used that much in my opinion.
Ball rolls and fake shots are still the most overused moves

What's fantastic though is creative runs
Yeah true. It was more at the beginning when I was playing at a worse level I think. Plus it just looks ridiculous.

Dave_MUFC

Just got this yesterday as it was on sale and I could game share it with my mate.

I actually think it's quite a bit better than 20 so far. Our online coop games have seemed to play a bit more like a game of football, with more focus on defending, and less flukey goals getting conceded. Also nice being able to skip oppositions goals and not showing a players face for 3-4 seconds after they miss a chance. Makes the gameplay a lot more fluid.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur

PES hasn't switched to next-gen yet, it's 2022 hence this year's was a 'season update'. But yeah, the burden for those different communities is immense and 10-15 years ago would have been fine but the internet isn't so grass roots anymore unfortunately.

On the FIFA vs PES topic, I think I posted in this thread in September but worth revisiting.

I buy both games on release date every year and play for one of the best PES 11X11 teams in Europe, as well as a Division 1 Pro Clubs team. I'm also a Division 1 FUT player (no PES MyClub because it's unplayable online).

FIFA is Need for Speed - Great visuals, licencing and aesthetics are on-point. The game itself is simple to pick up and play but once you learn to exploit 1-2 key mechanics, the skill ceiling has been hit. Lots of DDA (dynamic difficulty adjustment) in play to influence the scores of games. Competitively the game is a bit of a joke and the optimal gameplay (plus patches that support this) breed toxicity.

PES is iRacing - You aren't getting a 'turn-on-and-play' game here - lots of setup, tweaking etc. is required for the game but once you've invested the time you're greeted with arguably the best football simulator ever made. Competitively (1v1) the game is also a joke; people playing 6-0-1-3 formations etc.

Both games have their pros and cons; FIFA is certainly more refined and easier to play leisurely but PES is beautiful and feels like real football. It's certainly helped bridge the gap from not playing real football during lockdowns.

PS. Look at this video and compare it to any FIFA 21 video and you'll see a huge difference in terms of ball manipulation / mechanics / physics in-play.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
PES hasn't switched to next-gen yet, it's 2022 hence this year's was a 'season update'. But yeah, the burden for those different communities is immense and 10-15 years ago would have been fine but the internet isn't so grass roots anymore unfortunately.

On the FIFA vs PES topic, I think I posted in this thread in September but worth revisiting.

I buy both games on release date every year and play for one of the best PES 11X11 teams in Europe, as well as a Division 1 Pro Clubs team. I'm also a Division 1 FUT player (no PES MyClub because it's unplayable online).

FIFA is Need for Speed - Great visuals, licencing and aesthetics are on-point. The game itself is simple to pick up and play but once you learn to exploit 1-2 key mechanics, the skill ceiling has been hit. Lots of DDA (dynamic difficulty adjustment) in play to influence the scores of games. Competitively the game is a bit of a joke and the optimal gameplay (plus patches that support this) breed toxicity.

PES is iRacing - You aren't getting a 'turn-on-and-play' game here - lots of setup, tweaking etc. is required for the game but once you've invested the time you're greeted with arguably the best football simulator ever made. Competitively (1v1) the game is also a joke; people playing 6-0-1-3 formations etc.

Both games have their pros and cons; FIFA is certainly more refined and easier to play leisurely but PES is beautiful and feels like real football. It's certainly helped bridge the gap from not playing real football during lockdowns.

PS. Look at this video and compare it to any FIFA 21 video and you'll see a huge difference in terms of ball manipulation / mechanics / physics in-play.

Thanks for the reply.

When I said the option file maker was underwhelmed with the PES on the next-gen, I meant the current gen (ps4).:D

I agree with your overall assessment on FIFA and PES and where they both have strong elements in their respective gameplays and obviously negatives.

The video you posted is interesting.
PES does look and play fantastic when it has been modified but therein lies the problem. It has to be modified for certain fans to be more appreciative of it and the best overall modification of PES is heavily geared towards PC gamers.
The visuals in the video posted above look amazing. PC modders have far more options to play with. They can throw in more licenses, more stadiums, balls and can practically change the whole visual format of the game. Neither console owners can get that level of craft from these talented people, especially not XBOX owners.

Personally, I'm not sure how well PES will do on the newer gaming consoles. They have so much work that needs to be done outside of the gameplay ie the ML needs a complete revamp for one. Far too dated now.

If they cant bring in more licenses, which seems a given, then they desperately need to expand their editing options for console users.
Maybe they can bring back the stadium editor, such a short lived yet rewarding option. Maybe they can also apply a ball editor, another small avenue I'm surprised they never went down after losing the CL license.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
One of many things EA need to do is bring back the classic practice arena locations.
Spent hours practicing my skillz.

XBOX360/PS3 was peak Fifa.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I'd be interested to know what level people are at? In the div rivals section of FUT I am in division 3 and don't seem to threaten promotion or relegation really. In weekend championships if I play all the games I am averaging 17 wins. I've found the best way to stop the ridiculously overpowered counter attacks is to play quite a deep defensive line and then track my defensive midfielders back and basically frustrate the opponent into giving the ball away. I never commit to a challenge as it seems that as soon as you do that your opponents are in on goal. Attacking I find pretty easy. I don't know any skill moves other than the shot feints but I think once you have mastered one twos you can create enough opportunities to score at least 3 goals per game at the level I'm playing at.
I’m mid div 1, I’ve stayed pretty static from the start. I don’t really get enough games in to improve the standard I play at, but haven’t regressed either. I haven’t had many proper chances at WL, the only time I was able to play all the games I hit Elite 3. I don’t know if it was coincidental but my connection (which is always bad in this rural shithole) was notably worse in WL than it usually is in rivals.

Like yourself I prefer passing combos in order to create chances, but if you’re ever interested in trying out some skill moves I find alongside fake shots and ball rolls, the Heel to heel and fake stop croqueta are the most effective. They’re both pretty easy to use and they’re useful in a few different scenarios
Just got this yesterday as it was on sale and I could game share it with my mate.

I actually think it's quite a bit better than 20 so far. Our online coop games have seemed to play a bit more like a game of football, with more focus on defending, and less flukey goals getting conceded. Also nice being able to skip oppositions goals and not showing a players face for 3-4 seconds after they miss a chance. Makes the gameplay a lot more fluid.
Yeah it’s a big improvement on 20, and much better than 19 (which I intensely hated).

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What do you mean by this? I was due to start my career mode soon. Why would you not start it until after Friday? How will the patch affect it?
Honestly I don’t think it will affect it at all because your save will carry I imagine. I just wanted to experience it with all the bells and whistles and I’ve been playing other games anyways so Friday works for me .

Dave_MUFC

After playing a few more hours yesterday, I did experience some of the classic FIFA traits.

Got matched up against PSG as Leipzig, and conceded a few goals from them just being jammy, with Neymar and Mbappe, ball taking a million deflections off a few players and into them for a 1v1.

Also conceded a few questionable penalties, where I stayed on feet and looking at replays, seemed to get the ball first.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Typical. Downloaded Fifa 21 with the black friday offers, I need to verify it's me with an EA code - which are failing to land in my designated email :mad: Same request when I try to get a 'backup code' on the website. Bastards.

Sanchez7

Has anyone tried the next gen update? Is it more of the same by EA or actually next gen?

shabz

Next gen players!

Has anyone figured out who to turn off the haptic triggers? It's a nice thought but not practical at all. My hands are dead after a couple games.

Also play a squad battle game first if you are on FUT so you can sort out camera views as the default as always is awful.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Has anyone tried the next gen update? Is it more of the same by EA or actually next gen?
Better graphics/better fans/gameplay feels a bit different from ps4 version (in a better way imo). Haptic feedback. New camera angle. Tbh I'd say there's more of a difference between the PS4 version of Fifa 21 and the PS5 version of it than there was between fifa 20 and ps4 21. Not huge either way, but still an improvement.

Next gen players!

Has anyone figured out who to turn off the haptic triggers? It's a nice thought but not practical at all. My hands are dead after a couple games.

Also play a squad battle game first if you are on FUT so you can sort out camera views as the default as always is awful.
I'm ok with it, will take some getting used to. My biggest worry would be the actual mechanisms in the controller failing because of how frequently it comes in use. But you can turn it off in the ps5 controller settings, not through fifa itself (though i did see an option in fifa controller settings, might be something else).

fergieisold

Just played a game, really nice graphics update, the game feels different. Maybe even faster! The haptics need a lot of work, they seem to have just used it for the sake of it...whenever you get close to the box or scoring the L2 L1 triggers become stupidly tight. Weird!

fergosaurus

Might have a look for some sliders tomorrow to make the game feel more realistic, but for now changing the CPU and user sprint speed/acceleration all to 47 has improved things a lot. The game was fast before but the PS5 update seems 10% quicker so matches felt far too chaotic for me.

Last edited:

Bojan11

All my career mode and my Pro stats are all gone. I’ve to start over agin. Also can’t send a request to join a pro club because the options isn’t there.
Your progress for career and pro clubs doesn’t carry over. Just Volta and UT.

AaronRedDevil

Actually it’s all good. You can change it back to the PS4 version by clicking the options on the game in the UI