Gaming FIFA 21

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I reached Division 1 last night.
I just can't seem to hit 20 wins on weekend league though.
5 weeks on the bounce reaching 17 wins.

I dunno what it is, I just play badly on Saturdays. Gonna just do Friday / Sunday next time

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
To be fair he is still a kid. I can imagine some shit stuff I would have done at 14 too ! Especially if I knew I was one of the best fifa players in the world! :lol:
He isn't one of the best in the world though is he? He is not old enough to play in the world championships, so it is easier to look good when not playing against the absolute best. I can imagine he will be one of the best in the world shortly though.

padr81

Supports
Man City
To be fair he is still a kid. I can imagine some shit stuff I would have done at 14 too ! Especially if I knew I was one of the best fifa players in the world! :lol:
For sure, I guess it sucks for them their lives are broadcast to the world. He's a legit fantastic player.

Chief123

He isn't one of the best in the world though is he? He is not old enough to play in the world championships, so it is easier to look good when not playing against the absolute best. I can imagine he will be one of the best in the world shortly though.
He’s played a few guys who are regarded as some of the best when playing fut champs and in tournaments. He’s beaten virtually all of them.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He hammered Mo Auba recently and Mo is the last cross console world champion. 7-0.

Hashtag Harry - Poor Harry got 12, although he gave up and walked away.

Chief123

He hammered Mo Auba recently and Mo is the last cross console world champion. 7-0.

Hashtag Harry - Poor Harry got 12, although he gave up and walked away.
Yeah I saw the game against Harry Hesketh. You could just see even though Harry was being chilled out about the whole thing, he knew deep down he was about to get smoked. He was legit trying hard until it was about 4-0 and then he eased off to make it look like he was just messing about. But fair play to Harry, he admitted he was never gonna be able to beat him.

Jonno

Fellow cafs....

I've played FIFA for about 10-20 hours, per year, every year... Incredibly casual, semi-pro level when playing AI.

So I got FIFA21 on the shiny new Xbox Series X, mainly for getting the lads round and playing for a laugh. I decided to dip my toes into FUT. I know many hate on FUT, but a few of my mates enjoy it so I thought, you know what, its very popular, why not just have a go.

I played my initial games that determain my skill. I lost all of them by at least 6-8 goals. I got given a skill rating of 650, and placed in Division 7.

I then have played about 5 games on the bounce, and lost all of them about 9-0, 10-0. It's not fun at all, its actually really stressful trying your best and just getting ruined. I'm playing teams with Ronaldo, Salah, Mane etc etc etc, how is that fair?

I've spent what coins i had on a couple of quick attacking players, Traore, Zaha, and now i've just got a complete miss-mash of players from all leagues, nationalities. Chemistry is like 60, ability is like 75. I'm in a vicious circle. I can't win money at a rate quickly enough to buy more players to increase chemistry or ability, so i just keep losing, massively every game. Contracts run out on my rubbish XI, so i have to use all my contract cards on players I don't even want to invest in, so I'm running out of money, contracts, losing every game - Where is the fun in this game, am I missing something?

JP77

Fellow cafs....

I've played FIFA for about 10-20 hours, per year, every year... Incredibly casual, semi-pro level when playing AI.

So I got FIFA21 on the shiny new Xbox Series X, mainly for getting the lads round and playing for a laugh. I decided to dip my toes into FUT. I know many hate on FUT, but a few of my mates enjoy it so I thought, you know what, its very popular, why not just have a go.

I played my initial games that determain my skill. I lost all of them by at least 6-8 goals. I got given a skill rating of 650, and placed in Division 7.

I then have played about 5 games on the bounce, and lost all of them about 9-0, 10-0. It's not fun at all, its actually really stressful trying your best and just getting ruined. I'm playing teams with Ronaldo, Salah, Mane etc etc etc, how is that fair?

I've spent what coins i had on a couple of quick attacking players, Traore, Zaha, and now i've just got a complete miss-mash of players from all leagues, nationalities. Chemistry is like 60, ability is like 75. I'm in a vicious circle. I can't win money at a rate quickly enough to buy more players to increase chemistry or ability, so i just keep losing, massively every game. Contracts run out on my rubbish XI, so i have to use all my contract cards on players I don't even want to invest in, so I'm running out of money, contracts, losing every game - Where is the fun in this game, am I missing something?
Don’t bother with divisions until your team is better and you get the hang of how people play online. I would play more through the friendly section, they current have objectives to get special cards in there such as managerial masterpiece where people can’t have a team higher than 77 rated. Check out the objectives, I would say try the Bellerín one maybe.

Also a big issue for you is chemistry. Needs to be at 100. 60 will have a massive negative effect in your team. Even if you have to focus on buying a few players to get the chemistry up that aren’t great players, there’s some cheap gems about.

The issue with divisions is that at this stage the games been out quite a few months so the majority have good teams. You’ll constantly get matched up against better teams than you have and get a pasting for the most part. I’d avoid divisions completely until you’ve got a better team mate.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I caved and bought this to play over Xmas. Having played a few games, I can’t help but feel there’s a key element missing.... fun :wenger:

Just came back to beat Liverpool after going 2 down and it wasn’t as thrilling as it should be.

Making things a bit more realistic with smoother animations comes with feeling a bit spongey, in my opinion. Soft passes where you want them to ping it and the like seem all too common.

Then there’s the dropped frames. It’s really off putting.

Jonno

Don’t bother with divisions until your team is better and you get the hang of how people play online. I would play more through the friendly section, they current have objectives to get special cards in there such as managerial masterpiece where people can’t have a team higher than 77 rated. Check out the objectives, I would say try the Bellerín one maybe.

Also a big issue for you is chemistry. Needs to be at 100. 60 will have a massive negative effect in your team. Even if you have to focus on buying a few players to get the chemistry up that aren’t great players, there’s some cheap gems about.

The issue with divisions is that at this stage the games been out quite a few months so the majority have good teams. You’ll constantly get matched up against better teams than you have and get a pasting for the most part. I’d avoid divisions completely until you’ve got a better team mate.
Thanks for this mate. I didn't realise there was a friendly section at all, so i'll try that!

I wonder, how do teams have chemistry of 100 when they clearly have the likes of C Ronaldo, Son, Mane in the same team?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Man, the commentary has gone backwards. Derek Rae reminiscent of ISS, saying nothing but the basics just like 20 years ago, and Lee Dixon clearly sounding like he’s reading a script.

Also “Bruno Fernanch”. Correct pronunciation or not, it’s weird and annoying.

Last edited:

Sanchez7

Man, the commentary has gone backwards. Derek Rae reminiscent of ISS, saying nothing but the basics just like 20 years ago, and Lee Dixon clearly sounding like he’s reading a script.

Hate this. I don't want him in my FUT team because of the commentary.

Holocene

Thanks for this mate. I didn't realise there was a friendly section at all, so i'll try that!

I wonder, how do teams have chemistry of 100 when they clearly have the likes of C Ronaldo, Son, Mane in the same team?
Very casual player here and I haven't played FUT in some time. But I think after 10 games of playing with the same team, your chemistry goes up. So a team with mismatch players could get a chemistry of 100.

Jonno

Very casual player here and I haven't played FUT in some time. But I think after 10 games of playing with the same team, your chemistry goes up. So a team with mismatch players could get a chemistry of 100.
Thanks for this, I've since spent £15 on points, and bought loads of gold packs. Have shaped a PL team out of the packs, sold all players from diff leagues, and bought 1-2 good players from the market. Have now got an 81ov squad, with 100 chemistry.

Next step i've found, people always quit when you go a goal up in Friendly games, so frustrating!

So i'm back to regular FUT mode, i scraped to a 4-5 defeat earlier, which is much more satisfying than constantly losing 8-0.

Dan_F

Have had the game on mute the whole time since the day I bought it.

Chief123

Fellow cafs....

It is fun once you tune in to what works and what doesn’t. However, I would say that in order to keep your sanity, learning how to defend manually is going to be essential to make progress in this games.

I would definitely say first thing would be to fix your team chemistry. You can’t play using 60 Chem. The game is just built to hinder you massively if the chemistry isn’t right. Also, stick to prem league and just start off with all the meta players. Also, the meta formation this year is 442. Everyone uses it and it’s for a reason. You get rewarded using it and you get punished if you don’t. It’s just the best balance approach to get consistent results.

First thing to do is set those bloody full backs to stay back while attacking.

Below are some meta players id suggest getting as they are so OP that it’s a huge advantage having them and they are cheap too.

Pope
AWB
Semedo
Fred
Zaha
Sissoko
Telles
Moura
Traore

Chief123

You can get 100 chemistry even with players not having full 10 chem.

Don’t forget you have 11 players in the team so if everyone had full 10 chem, that’s 110 in total. That means you could actually have a team where upto 5 players only have 8 chem and your team would still be 100 chem.

Chief123

Chemistry will only improve by 1 for each player after they’ve played 10 games. So maximum it will go up after 10 games is by 10 points.

RonaldoVII

You can get 100 chemistry even with players not having full 10 chem.

Don’t forget you have 11 players in the team so if everyone had full 10 chem, that’s 110 in total. That means you could actually have a team where upto 5 players only have 8 chem and your team would still be 100 chem.
Player chem is more important than overall though.

Acole9

Outstanding
They've not got the real fixtures this year on career mode which is annoying.

ovoxo

They've not got the real fixtures this year on career mode which is annoying.
I still find it annoying that the midfielders don’t track back properly. That’s been an issue since the game launched.

JP77

Thanks for this, I've since spent £15 on points, and bought loads of gold packs. Have shaped a PL team out of the packs, sold all players from diff leagues, and bought 1-2 good players from the market. Have now got an 81ov squad, with 100 chemistry.

Next step i've found, people always quit when you go a goal up in Friendly games, so frustrating!

So i'm back to regular FUT mode, i scraped to a 4-5 defeat earlier, which is much more satisfying than constantly losing 8-0.
Yeah most people in the Mangerial Masterpiece friendly section or One League are usually playing for the objectives to get certain cards. Usually one of the objectives is the win a certain amount of games so quite a few people quit if they're losing because they're in a rush to do it. I rarely bother quitting games because it's Fifa and even if you're 4-0 down if you're a half decent player you can still turn it around, the game loves to swing the momentum completely at times.

No Love

Stepped away from this for around 4-5 weeks as I was working on a research piece, which was a real sinkhole for time. I was passively playing some Miles Morales on the PS5 whilst working on it, so not really thinking about FIFA. Fired up Ultimate Team on PS5 for the first time yesterday and saw a CB version of Kevin Volland. Just seems to be getting more and more nonsensical! I’ve got a FUT Founder account. I’ve been playing Ultimate Team for something like 11 years now. Just completely turned me off when I saw all the silliness.

Instead, I’ve been playing regular online seasons and I have to say, it’s been absolutely refreshing. Just picking a new team every game, tinkering with their setup and then playing. Really, really fun. Played two games with Atalanta because they were so enjoyable. If anyone is fed up with FUT, I would encourage you to try this. The gameplay is far more balanced and enjoyable. Players aren’t turbo charged. No silly chem styles. Not running into the same teams or players over and over and over again. You can actually take time and build up your attacks, too.

Andy_Cole

Stepped away from this for around 4-5 weeks as I was working on a research piece, which was a real sinkhole for time. I was passively playing some Miles Morales on the PS5 whilst working on it, so not really thinking about FIFA. Fired up Ultimate Team on PS5 for the first time yesterday and saw a CB version of Kevin Volland. Just seems to be getting more and more nonsensical! I’ve got a FUT Founder account. I’ve been playing Ultimate Team for something like 11 years now. Just completely turned me off when I saw all the silliness.

Instead, I’ve been playing regular online seasons and I have to say, it’s been absolutely refreshing. Just picking a new team every game, tinkering with their setup and then playing. Really, really fun. Played two games with Atalanta because they were so enjoyable. If anyone is fed up with FUT, I would encourage you to try this. The gameplay is far more balanced and enjoyable. Players aren’t turbo charged. No silly chem styles. Not running into the same teams or players over and over and over again. You can actually take time and build up your attacks, too.
I find FUT is for kids, seasons for adults.

JB7

Can't for the life of me understand how anyone plays FUT. Watched five minutes of that video on the last page and it made me want to dip my head in acid. Who the feck thinks football is played like that? FUT is killing proper football games.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Just started a United Career mode. I do the “shit team” one way later in the year.

There’s definitely an improvement in it this year. I like the development bit of the players so far - although I’m only about 6 games into the season.

pascell

I've just chose a random post of your to try help out.

Squad battles (playing against the AI) is a quick way to earn coins through games and every Sunday depending which rank you fall in, you'll get coins and packs, so hopefully pack players that'll help you out.

The players you can't use, send them to your club as you can put them in SBCs, completing these will give you packs and players depending which SBC you choose to do.

Chemistry goes off the club, nationality and league of the player, those you mentioned with CR7, Mane etc, they'll have icon players who give you full chem and link to every player. Also be wary of positions, if the formation you play has say a RW and the player you have there is a RM, you need a position change card to maximise his chemistry. Managers also help add chemistry to your whole team also and also someone else said, loyalty (you get this after 10 games with the player).

The friendlies when they quit is because you can get objectives done through them so going 1-0 down, they quit as its easier, people of the fifa reddit page are calling it Golden Goal.

Also, look out on the 'Objectives' tab as there's icons swap tokens you can obtain by doing the criteria it sets, these can be used to get icons for free on the icon sbc tab.

Once you feel comfortable with your squad then go for it with rivals. Keep changing your formation and tactics to suit what you feel best works for you.

I hope this helps!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Bought the game in December, and it’s just no fun at that stage. First 5 “unranked” UT matches I’m against icons/Messi/Ronaldo/VVD etc.

My starter CB can’t catch up with them.

As a result, just been doing Career Mode. In past FIFAs, I’ve gone for Salford, Oldham and actually Wolves when they were promoted to the PL just because I fancied a PL challenge.

I’ve actually chosen United this time because of how exciting the squad is. I’ve enjoyed it this year - not monumental changes, but good changes nonetheless.

Signed Caicedo and Diallo, as well as Reyna and Fati.

Anyone else signed any hidden gems?
Eventually I’ll get bored and do a lower league team so would be good to know about any talent that may be good for that that other people have found.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Bought the game in December, and it’s just no fun at that stage. First 5 “unranked” UT matches I’m against icons/Messi/Ronaldo/VVD etc.

My starter CB can’t catch up with them.

As a result, just been doing Career Mode. In past FIFAs, I’ve gone for Salford, Oldham and actually Wolves when they were promoted to the PL just because I fancied a PL challenge.

I’ve actually chosen United this time because of how exciting the squad is. I’ve enjoyed it this year - not monumental changes, but good changes nonetheless.

Signed Caicedo and Diallo, as well as Reyna and Fati.

Anyone else signed any hidden gems?
Eventually I’ll get bored and do a lower league team so would be good to know about any talent that may be good for that that other people have found.
The best career modes I’ve done have been where I don’t cheat and look at sofifa or potential and genuinely limit myself in terms of signings.

Whatever the scout recommends if it suits the style of player I want then sign them up.

If you’re starting in league 2 don’t just buy all the high potential talents buy players suited to the league some older and peaked and work with them and academies.

Ive had far more fun being realistic than just signing 90+ potential 18 year olds while they are low rated

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The best career modes I’ve done have been where I don’t cheat and look at sofifa or potential and genuinely limit myself in terms of signings.

Whatever the scout recommends if it suits the style of player I want then sign them up.

If you’re starting in league 2 don’t just buy all the high potential talents buy players suited to the league some older and peaked and work with them and academies.

Ive had far more fun being realistic than just signing 90+ potential 18 year olds while they are low rated
Yeah, I've enjoyed Career Mode a ton by not going after any good, promising young player. It's also helped in varying the Career Mode objectives instead of making them just youth oriented. I also added another stipulation where I'd sell any player if I get a reasonable offer. It has meant that I'd deal with a ton of turnover, but that does keep my Career Mode fresh.

Red00012

I wonder can anyone help me , I’ve tried playing fifa 21 on PS4 against my mates but it won’t let me in. Keeps saying opponent has left the game in online friendlies and he says on his side opponent connection was lost. I can play a co op season with them no problem .

Sorry If this has been covered before.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Yeah, I've enjoyed Career Mode a ton by not going after any good, promising young player. It's also helped in varying the Career Mode objectives instead of making them just youth oriented. I also added another stipulation where I'd sell any player if I get a reasonable offer. It has meant that I'd deal with a ton of turnover, but that does keep my Career Mode fresh.
Agree with the selling of any player too.

I always thought in real life would a league one club have this player? If no if the offer came in they get sold and you invest in the academy or some older league appropriate players

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Just sold all my coins. Relieved to shelve this game again.
I do my very best to never buy Fifa. I enjoy winning, but I don't even enjoy the game.

Considering I play for a few months once every couple of years, to get to Div 1 and get a 22 total one weekend league, I feel like I should like a game I'd say I'm good at, but feck me, I hate the game :lol:

Although I made £150 on it, so 3 months of constant entertainment and profit at the end

No Love

@Igor Drefljak

Good for you! It’s hilarious how a game can elicit such feelings from people! The whole franchise needs a massive overhaul. Past few iterations felt like a chore. Gameplay, quite simply, not fun and about 50 viable in-game players. The promos appeared to be getting worse and worse. May have mentioned it in here before but I saw a CB Kevin Volland :houllier: Nonsense. You’ll be glad to get a clean break from it and play something that is, plainly, more fun.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
@Igor Drefljak

Good for you! It’s hilarious how a game can elicit such feelings from people! The whole franchise needs a massive overhaul. Past few iterations felt like a chore. Gameplay, quite simply, not fun and about 50 viable in-game players. The promos appeared to be getting worse and worse. May have mentioned it in here before but I saw a CB Kevin Volland :houllier: Nonsense. You’ll be glad to get a clean break from it and play something that is, plainly, more fun.
Thats the thing with Fifa. I get so invested in earning the coins that I then struggle to give the game up. Investing hours a day for a few months. It's just difficult to then one day say thats enough.
Being able to sell my coins, meaning I have no attachment anymore makes it a lot easier.

Sara125

Heard Fifa 21 is crap on the switch can anyone attest to this? Was thinking of getting it since my PS4 been stuck in safe mode since 21 came out so haven’t had a chance to play it on there

Ole90+3

Just sold all my coins. Relieved to shelve this game again.
I do my very best to never buy Fifa. I enjoy winning, but I don't even enjoy the game.

Considering I play for a few months once every couple of years, to get to Div 1 and get a 22 total one weekend league, I feel like I should like a game I'd say I'm good at, but feck me, I hate the game :lol:

Although I made £150 on it, so 3 months of constant entertainment and profit at the end
Entertainment? Is that what'd you'd call it? :lol:

How'd you go about selling you coins btw?