Gaming FIFA 21

passing-wind

I've been always playing Seasons and nothing else. After devastating reviews I read back in Q4 2020 I decided against buying FIFA 21.

Has anything changed in the interim? Is it playable now?
It's worse, the game was fluid at release and has been ruined imo. The PS5 is totally more immersive than the 4 but despite that "feeling" it's still a game with unbalanced mechanics. This consensus has been the same for the last few years.

Eddy_JukeZ

Even Dybala's new card?
He can certainly be effective, but there's much better cards to use out wide.

Not a fan of attackers without 5 star skills personally. But even if that doesn't bother you, I think 3 star weak foot is a big handicap.

LonelyFire

Even Dybala's new card?
He’s a central player. You aren’t getting the best out of him wide. Given you have CR7, he’s worth doing - he’d be an upgrade on Muriel for sure.

As for your previous question on tactics, it’s really down to play style. I play a much higher depth (7 or 8) but it suits the way I play. Experiment in squad battles or friendlies to find what’s best for you. Balanced is usually the way to go. On the player instructions, I’d have the wingers set to cut inside, get in behind, and get into the box for crosses - they’ll move really well and give you options on the ball. Equally, have them set on come back on defence too when you don’t have the ball. Centre mids I’d have both on stay back and cover centre. Full backs on stay back and run type overlap.

Give that a go. Hopefully start to get some joy.

saivet

I won division 1 on seasons on fifa for the first time and decided I'm going to try some of the different online game modes. I just started FUT and I'm confused as feck as to what's going on. My team is pretty poor, my best players are Walker (on loan), Longstaff, Shelvey and Barnes and the rest of my squad are in the 60s rating category.

I played an opponent online and they had a star studded team with Mbappe, Werner alongside other top players. I managed to score a few but ended up losing 7-4. Near impossible to get a result when the teams are so heavily against you. Is this normal?

No idea where to start with it as there are so many different fecking modes.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I won division 1 on seasons on fifa for the first time and decided I'm going to try some of the different online game modes. I just started FUT and I'm confused as feck as to what's going on. My team is pretty poor, my best players are Walker (on loan), Longstaff, Shelvey and Barnes and the rest of my squad are in the 60s rating category.

I played an opponent online and they had a star studded team with Mbappe, Werner alongside other top players. I managed to score a few but ended up losing 7-4. Near impossible to get a result when the teams are so heavily against you. Is this normal?

No idea where to start with it as there are so many different fecking modes.
I would concentrate on squad battles mate and take coins (packs aren't worth it) until you can start getting a better team together to compete. All these people have been playing for months and got god squads. Play fut again on fifa 22 and start with everyone else for a more even playing field.

RonaldoVII

You doing it? I'm so tempted he looks great but impossible to link in my team :(
Same. I can't shoe-horn him in despite having a few English players/Icons. I can't justify 400k on a bench player when that would be more than most of my starting XI. Expecting to see a lot of him this upcoming weekend league though.

I'm currently playing TotGS Rashford up front but hard to justify keeping him when he's worth 1.2m and isn't particularly remarkable.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
You doing it? I'm so tempted he looks great but impossible to link in my team :(
Yeah I did it. He’s amazing. I’ve started a whole new team with him as the fulcrum.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I've gone from division 1 to division 4 and struggling so badly even to get 14 wins in weekend league. Started today with 4 losses from 4. Catastrophic downfall.

Dan_F

Impossible? There must be something you can do? I’ve linked him with an Icon Henry, Kante and Dybala and he’s got 8 chem, with everyone else on 10.

Carlsen19

Impossible? There must be something you can do? I’ve linked him with an Icon Henry, Kante and Dybala and he’s got 8 chem, with everyone else on 10.
I've managed to get him in on 8 chem at the minute with untradeable prime Veron (who is shit) and an English manager. I've got so many untradeables from different leagues it's a nightmare trying to put a good team together!

Dan_F

I've managed to get him in on 8 chem at the minute with untradeable prime Veron (who is shit) and an English manager. I've got so many untradeables from different leagues it's a nightmare trying to put a good team together!
You think Veron is shit? I like him. My midfield is solid pairing him with Kante. I don’t know how people play with the likes of Mbappe in midfield. I concede enough with a proper midfield pairing :lol:

Carlsen19

You think Veron is shit? I like him. My midfield is solid pairing him with Kante. I don’t know how people play with the likes of Mbappe in midfield. I concede enough with a proper midfield pairing :lol:
But too stiff for me, 2nd touch is a tackle. But I’ve fallen off a cliff so it’s probably just me!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Dunno how anyone can stand playing this online. Making it 'more realistic' and therefore more reliant on randomness (miscontrolling, misplaced passing) means it must get infuriating. It does against the computer at times, nevermind against real people. It also means it feels spongier, in my opinion. Kinda mushy. I can only play a few games and I've had enough.

BEST No7

In division 4 but haven't played fifa in like 2 months. And I'll get smashed no doubt . It's one of those games YOU have to keep playing or you'll fall behind the power curve. Unless you are good/pro

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Is the Future of Football objective broken for anyone else? Was trying to do it along with Ilver Beasts but the FoF goals etc wont register

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Is the Future of Football objective broken for anyone else? Was trying to do it along with Ilver Beasts but the FoF goals etc wont register
isn’t silver beasts in its own section?

pretty sure the future of football objectives is rivals and squad battles only. I’ve done it in squad battles with Haaland, sancho and Matheus cunha as my attacking 3 and it’s registered fine.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
isn’t silver beasts in its own section?

pretty sure the future of football objectives is rivals and squad battles only. I’ve done it in squad battles with Haaland, sancho and Matheus cunha as my attacking 3 and it’s registered fine.
Your cant have any IF u23 players in your starting line up it seams, even if you have 6 base u23 players, just a bit of a hash by EA as per usual.

dannyrhinos89

Your cant have any IF u23 players in your starting line up it seams, even if you have 6 base u23 players, just a bit of a hash by EA as per usual.
typical EA mess up. I’ve only got fifa recently after having a year off from it and it seems like they still make many errors.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Dunno how anyone can stand playing this online. Making it 'more realistic' and therefore more reliant on randomness (miscontrolling, misplaced passing) means it must get infuriating. It does against the computer at times, nevermind against real people. It also means it feels spongier, in my opinion. Kinda mushy. I can only play a few games and I've had enough.
Yeah I never found it fun when I played. I haven’t played in well over a year myself but I always used to play squad battles most because it was far more chilled.

I didn’t mind rivals too much because I didn’t care and I’m not that good so I was div 4/5 so that was okay for the most part.

Champs I hated, at times it’s like fecking psychological warfare with people trying to rattle you or get in your head with all the toxic shit. I think I only ever played in it 4 times. Finished G3 on the old 40 game champs and G2 and S1 twice as I just CBA playing on because rewards are trash anyway.

The menus are hands down the best part of the game and it’s not even close.

Dan_F

Great. I was going to do that one with my silver players, like you were doing.

Dan_F

Have your base team then sub them on, done both pretty quickly this morning/after noon.... got trash from them.
It’s really weird. It counted the goals I scored by TOTW Okafor, but not TOTW Adeyemi. I still had 6 silvers under 24 without him though, so it didn’t really matter.

Think I got Bonnuci, which is guess is a win for SBCs.

Acole9

Outstanding
The career mode transfers are slightly better this year. Although City just paid Martial's release clause £93 million and he's fecked off to them :lol:.

Paxi

Got Lunin and Reece James in two random untradeable packs you get for completing objectives. It’s like the game is fecking with me! I need coins!!

AFC NimbleThumb

I'm shit, any resources to get better?
Depends on the mode.

I used to play A LOT in Uni & the few years after, last one I’d say I was good at was probably 15 but I’ve been playing again for the first time in a few years, playing Seasons online - current Record 150-20ish-43.

If you’re playing Seasons I’d personally recommend not playing 5* teams for a while; my record was about 100 wins & 40 losses till I started using Ajax; I come up against United, Dortmund & Spurs lots but they haven’t got a Meta beast like Mbappe so I can contain attacks better. I play 5* every now & then but have always preferred 4*/3.5* duels.

Practice your set pieces as well; the games coded to give corners in so many situations that you should have a way of scoring consistently from them. Free kicks are also an easy win if you’ve got a decent taker.

If you want to simulate real life football then don’t bother playing online; it’s not the place for it.

I used to play FUT but have only had the game 2 weeks so won’t be bothering this year; need pack luck & time to get anywhere near decent at that imo.

dannyrhinos89

Got Lunin and Reece James in two random untradeable packs you get for completing objectives. It’s like the game is fecking with me! I need coins!!
I got Reece James and the orange man of the match cuadrado. I’m in desperate need for coins and they sell for about 650k combined but they’re god damn untradable. :rolleyes: It’s So annoying.

Paxi

I got Reece James and the orange man of the match cuadrado. I’m in desperate need for coins and they sell for about 650k combined but they’re god damn untradable. :rolleyes: It’s So annoying.
Yeah it’s horrible. I always seem to pack when the packs are untradeable.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
Depends on the mode.

I used to play A LOT in Uni & the few years after, last one I’d say I was good at was probably 15 but I’ve been playing again for the first time in a few years, playing Seasons online - current Record 150-20ish-43.

If you’re playing Seasons I’d personally recommend not playing 5* teams for a while; my record was about 100 wins & 40 losses till I started using Ajax; I come up against United, Dortmund & Spurs lots but they haven’t got a Meta beast like Mbappe so I can contain attacks better. I play 5* every now & then but have always preferred 4*/3.5* duels.

Practice your set pieces as well; the games coded to give corners in so many situations that you should have a way of scoring consistently from them. Free kicks are also an easy win if you’ve got a decent taker.

If you want to simulate real life football then don’t bother playing online; it’s not the place for it.

I used to play FUT but have only had the game 2 weeks so won’t be bothering this year; need pack luck & time to get anywhere near decent at that imo.
All good advice. I play some career mode, but I've stuck with FUT this year. Like you say online isnt real and it literally down to how good the player is and nothing to do with the actual team which can be really frustrating. They've had some great challenges every week though so its kept my attention. I do a lot of trading early on too so I now have Rooney (SBC) and Ronaldo (800k) up front :)

dannyrhinos89

Did 2 icon packs through sheer boredom and I think I came out with a win, considering I didnt spend a coin as I used my untradables I got baby stoichkov and mid butrageuno.

Could've been a hell of alot worse. Both are very usable So I'm happy.

Dan_F

Best place to sell coins? Spending far too much time on it that could be spent doing something more productive.

Would have about 2.5 million to sell.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Here im down to play some clubs today. Just tag us if yas are feeling like it. Will have to use me lil bro's account but he doesnt play pro clubs so its grand.