Gaming FIFA 22

RedDevilRoshi

If Fifa was still more geared towards providing a good single player experience and not geared towards the cash cow that is UT, that would be possible. These days everything is improving online first and single player if they have time to at the end. The audience that's attracted to UT don't really care for realism or anything like that, just once they pack Ronaldo or Messi that'll do.
Agree. I didn’t buy last years game for the first time ever and don’t have much intention to purchase this one either. The single player experience has gone completely downhill and it’s clear as day EA have no interest in trying to improve that aspect of the game as it obviously doesn’t make them money like FUT does.

Also David Rutter’s departure as the senior producer was a blow for the series. He was in charge of the FIFA titles between 09-14 (basically the PS3/360 era) when they were really good and enjoyable to play.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Haven't bought fifa since...17? Don't think I will while the focus remains on Ultimate Team. They've stumbled onto a mode that churns out money for them and they can't be fecked to fix anything else.
It's just smart business. What company doesn't put nearly all of their resources into the area that maximises profits.

Until they start to lose money and players in significant numbers, they won't have any intention in improving other aspects. What is the point when the money making is all on FUT.

Traub

It's just smart business. What company doesn't put nearly all of their resources into the area that maximises profits.

Until they start to lose money and players in significant numbers, they won't have any intention in improving other aspects. What is the point when the money making is all on FUT.
Pretty much, especially when it's gambling so you won't lose your customer base any time soon.

AaronRedDevil

Still won’t be impressed. I bet you still can’t tackle, takes 20 mins to shoot and the players stand around like idiots making shit runs to where the ball can’t be passed too.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers

Still won’t be impressed. I bet you still can’t tackle, takes 20 mins to shoot and the players stand around like idiots making shit runs to where the ball can’t be passed too.
Still feels like the same old arcade style play with the ability to get through a defensive wall on special skill moves alone.

hobbers

Odds you'll be able to juggle the ball from one end of the pitch to the other while being impossible to tackle and they wont bother patching it for the first 3 months....?

gorky_utd

Still last gen on pc. Not expecting anything from the new version. It will be same old server, same old gold 3 finish in wl, same old pack luck.

gorky_utd

Unless it is a crucial block from Varane, you don't have a chance against Neybappe.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Agree. I didn’t buy last years game for the first time ever and don’t have much intention to purchase this one either. The single player experience has gone completely downhill and it’s clear as day EA have no interest in trying to improve that aspect of the game as it obviously doesn’t make them money like FUT does.

Also David Rutter’s departure as the senior producer was a blow for the series. He was in charge of the FIFA titles between 09-14 (basically the PS3/360 era) when they were really good and enjoyable to play.
That was the best era for Fifa. 03-05 were good, 07 a gem, but 09-12 were the best games. Outside of those it is PES all the way. PES 6 is still the best football game ever made.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Rumours are that the PES 22 beta is just a network test using PES Mobile 22 and not the console version, hence the massive circle round each player which is only found in PES mobile 21
Really ? Impressive visuals for a mobile game. Though, I don't and haven't played a mobile game in years.

AaronRedDevil

Just spent 3 euros on pack in PES 21. Got maradona. I could be 20 grand on fifa and struggle to get Ronaldo. Fecking disgrace UT is.

Charlie Foley

That was the best era for Fifa. 03-05 were good, 07 a gem, but 09-12 were the best games. Outside of those it is PES all the way. PES 6 is still the best football game ever made.
Good times. I remember I had fifa 01, 03, and 05 on the pc. PES 3-6 on PlayStation, then I got FIFA06-09 and didn’t buy another game until last week, spent $20 on fifa 21 just to have a football game to play. I feel old

altodevil

Good times. I remember I had fifa 01, 03, and 05 on the pc. PES 3-6 on PlayStation, then I got FIFA06-09 and didn’t buy another game until last week, spent $20 on fifa 21 just to have a football game to play. I feel old
I've done similar to you

altodevil

How is it? I also got GTA
It's better than I expected, part of gamepass. The gameplay has improved since I last played, need to get to grips with controls though, defending is way different.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
FIFA 21 was the first edition I didn’t buy for 10 years. I just can’t justify paying for the same crap each year - if anything, the only changes for the past few years have been those of making the game less enjoyable. I think I will give this a miss too.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It's just frustrating how they get such basic crap wrong. Shows an absolute lack of effort. I only downloaded it the other week and started a career mode. Liverpool spent 120mil on Kroos.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
FIFA 21 was the first edition I didn’t buy for 10 years. I just can’t justify paying for the same crap each year - if anything, the only changes for the past few years have been those of making the game less enjoyable. I think I will give this a miss too.
I'm in the exact same boat as you, its annoying as I love football games, but both versions now have massive issues meaning I refuse to play them. I'll keep my eye on this edition and see what people are saying about it before deciding if I give it a go or not.

AaronRedDevil

heard you can finally build your own club too in Manager mode. Seems like they are putting in 2% extra effort this time. On top of the normal 5%.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
It suddenly dawned on me today while playing 21 that this one will become legendary.. last one with Messi in Barca and may be more if the moves end up happening (Kane, Mbappe).

Lukaku isn’t worth a mention.

Hoof the ball

It suddenly dawned on me today while playing 21 that this one will become legendary.. last one with Messi in Barca and may be more if the moves end up happening (Kane, Mbappe).

Lukaku isn’t worth a mention.
:lol: With the new player perk thing I wonder if Lukaku has a Flat Track trait that kicks in versus bottom ten teams.

JB7

heard you can finally build your own club too in Manager mode. Seems like they are putting in 2% extra effort this time. On top of the normal 5%.
Given that's literally the only thing they have changed in Career Mode and it is a direct copy/paste of the exact same things that have been in pro-clubs for years I'd call it 2% effort total. It's not even close to the create a club mode they had set up for FIFA 11 which is embarrassing.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
The only ea published games I'm interested in is the dead space remake and battlefield 2042.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Going to predict the Man Utd First XI ratings just for myself to see how far off I am:

De Gea - 85
AWB - 82
Varane - 86
Maguire - 84
Shaw - 84
Fred - 80
Pogba - 86
Sancho - 87
Bruno - 88
Rashford - 85
Cavani - 85

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Going to predict the Man Utd First XI ratings just for myself to see how far off I am:

De Gea - 84
AWB - 83
Varane - 86
Maguire - 86
Shaw - 85
Fred - 81
Pogba - 85
Sancho - 88
Bruno - 88
Rashford - 86
Cavani - 84

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
De Gea - 84
AWB - 83
Varane - 86
Maguire - 86
Shaw - 85
Fred - 81
Pogba - 85
Sancho - 88
Bruno - 88
Rashford - 86
Cavani - 84
Maguire and Shaw will get shafted and they'll go over the top with de Gea's decline.

De Gea - 82
AWB - 81
Varane - 86
Maguire - 83
Shaw - 83
Fred - 79
Pogba - 86
Sancho - 88
Bruno - 88
Rashford - 85
Cavani - 85

I reckon they'll do that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
As things stand (including youth players I’d expect to get some games and assuming no more incomings or sales)

De Gea 84
Henderson 80
Heaton 73
Grant 65

Wan Bissaka 83
Dalot 76
Williams 73

Varane 85
Maguire 84
Lindelof 80
Bailly 78
Jones 74