Gaming FIFA 22

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Rashford - Vardy - Mahrez
McGinn - Fabinho - Tielemans
Shaw - Stones - Dias - Pereira
de Gea

Bench: Kovacic, Sarr, DCL, Odegaard, TOTW Raphina, McTominay, Pulisic.
I would go for KDB and replace Tielemans. Use what you have left to get AWB and IF Romero and Rudiger.

Of course it’s up to yourself mate. It’s well and good having meta team but if you're not getting enjoyment from using certain players then don’t get them.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
They’ve certainly amended inside the box shots being too hard and outside the box being too easy. It’s better. Mainly because players keep trying to shoot from 40 yards and my keepers picking cherries :lol:

Just got promoted to division 5 which is a big deal for me. Had insane pack luck today too.

Did the draft SBC with a load of fodder, then realised it was probably a waste of time. Did the offline draft while at work on beginner and won. Packed Varane.

Did the marquee matchup SBC and packed Bruno.

Playing a flat 442 now with:

Schmeichel
Trent - Varane - Dias - Robertson
Salah - De Bruyne - Bruno - Sterling
Werner - Lukaku

I have about 60k coins. Any suggestions? I want better strikers but there aren’t many in the PL. Auba maybe?
I’d ditch Trent he’s awful.

RonaldoVII

Finally qualified for Fut Champs at the 4th attempt. Won 1 of the first two but switched to the PS4 version and won 4 in a row by 3+ goals each time. Doubt that is a coincidence. Did the last 2 on PS5 and won 1 of them. Shame it's only the EA Play trial I can access the PS4 version on.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh wow just seen TOTW Raphina is going for 230k. Maybe I’ll start him :lol:

Paxi

EA need to sort out hospital passes.

Also, everything is going in now. I know they wouldn’t get the balance right straight away.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wtf I just got disconnected and it said I forfeited because I didn’t have enough players. It was 0 - 0 and there hadn’t even been a single card.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Yeah division 6 and below spammed finesse shots outside the box. To be honest I did too. Scored 3 35 yarders in one game when I was behind.

Really nice pack luck being United fan and all. I wouldn’t buy Auba for either of them. Your team’s decent with Dias being an obvious upgrade. I’d get IF Romero over him for sure. Then AWB for Trent.
Thanks mate. I’ll give both a go. Dias is brilliant in the air but he’s so slow :lol: I do rotate him with Rudiger but I’ll look at IF Romero.

I was eyeing up Walker over Trent but he’s so expensive. So AWB is a good shout, cheers

sewey89

Anyone else find it infuriating when the opponent plays a through ball from their own half, you switch off because it’s clearly offside, only to realise that your centre backs have actually dropped onto the 18 yard box for absolutely no fecking reason? :lol:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The new patch has ruined what was actually some decent gameplay before it. It has gone back to typical FIFA, the gameplay has been speeded up and it feels like an arcade once again. Well done EA.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The defenders dropping so deep off the ball is infuriating. I have no idea why they keep doing it but it makes the game so annoying to play right now

pascell

The new patch has ruined what was actually some decent gameplay before it. It has gone back to typical FIFA, the gameplay has been speeded up and it feels like an arcade once again. Well done EA.
You sound surprised? It's happened every FIFA since I can remember. The cycle goes..The beta is great, everyone loves it > The full version comes out, it's still great with a few adjustments need > 1st patch, nerf everything good and they turn it into a speed fest, keepers are as reliable as chocolate teapots and people learn this years skill move to spam. Basically last years FIFA but with one or two minor "new" features. Rinse and repeat.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Played about 3 games after the nerf and didn't notice too much that had changed. Normal shots now fly in more often that's a definite, and finesse are basically dead. Didn't notice anything other than that though with regards speeding up etc.

Think I'm going to get myself an icon striker soon as the prem ones just aren't up to much, that IF Mane would be excellent, but don't think I'll have time to play WL this weekend to have a shot at him.

Paxi

I didn’t notice anything about speeding up either.

Paxi

Safe to say this is the general consensus:

TrustInJanuzaj

Safe to say this is the general consensus:

Anyone who prefers 21 is genuinely having a laugh I reckon. The gameplay this year is levels above that. The only real issues have been the keepers but to be honest I’ve quite enjoyed the keepers being better overall this year and even the finesse meta isn’t that hard to play against.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Anyone who prefers 21 is genuinely having a laugh I reckon. The gameplay this year is levels above that. The only real issues have been the keepers but to be honest I’ve quite enjoyed the keepers being better overall this year and even the finesse meta isn’t that hard to play against.
Finesse isn’t meta anymore after today’s update

TrustInJanuzaj

Finesse isn’t meta anymore after today’s update
I didn’t really notice much change last night when I played but I’d have to play more. On career I still scored a couple of finesse shots, one from edge of the box and one just inside but maybe you are right. I hope they haven’t changed the gameplay too much becauce I’d go as far as saying this was their best ever FIFA in terms of gameplay and I’ve played a lot of FIFA’s over the years.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I didn’t really notice much change last night when I played but I’d have to play more. On career I still scored a couple of finesse shots, one from edge of the box and one just inside but maybe you are right. I hope they haven’t changed the gameplay too much becauce I’d go as far as saying this was their best ever FIFA in terms of gameplay and I’ve played a lot of FIFA’s over the years.
Yep they’ve fecked the gameplay as usual with the first patch, back to being a speed merchant game and defences sitting stupidly deep even though I have my line set high it ends up on top of the keeper

LonelyFire

The patch hasn’t really changed anything - it’s certainly not quicker at all. The game is painfully slow. Played a couple of games last night and still found keepers making some saves they shouldn’t and finesse shots from distance haven’t been fixed - all in, a meaningless patch. I see they are doing another patch today for the finesse shots.

I honestly think people will end up hating this game in 2 months. They’ll blame patches but the problems have been there since launch. It’s been set up for drop back meta (once the finesse garbage gets patched) and it’s going to lead to boring games. If you want realism then that’s fair enough, I don’t want to spend 20 mins playing a 0-0 or 1-0.

sewey89

I'm not seeing the massive differences in the patch. Shooting has been fixed but I haven't noticed that the gameplay has altered at all

Paxi

I'm not seeing the massive differences in the patch. Shooting has been fixed but I haven't noticed that the gameplay has altered at all
Yeah I agree with this. The speed of the game has not been altered. Maybe it’s just a perception that players don’t think about working their way in a higher chance scoring position any more. Cause that’s what I was doing as I was hopeless at finishing.

Paxi

A bit off-topic but I've just learned meta is actually an acronym. I thought everybody was being an idiot and using the term incorrectly.
I know… all this nerd jargon.

Paxi

Was thinking upgrading my left wing. Good Lord, didn’t know Vinicius IF was 300K. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
A bit off-topic but I've just learned meta is actually an acronym. I thought everybody was being an idiot and using the term incorrectly.
I thought it was just a new word for OP. What does it stand for?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just lost 3 - 2 to an absolute pace whore. I sigh when I see the line-up I'm about to face. Who tf is LaCroix. And Martial is in every single team.

TrustInJanuzaj

Just lost 3 - 2 to an absolute pace whore. I sigh when I see the line-up I'm about to face. Who tf is LaCroix. And Martial is in every single team.
I panic whenever I see Traore on one side and St Maximim on the other side. I also can’t live with direct players in general. I think I play a pretty risky ‘predictive’ game overall trying to intercept or rush opponents and so I’m always expecting people to cut back or try and do some skil. Those players that just get their head down and sprint almost always catch me off guard.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I panic whenever I see Traore on one side and St Maximim on the other side. I also can’t live with direct players in general. I think I play a pretty risky ‘predictive’ game overall trying to intercept or rush opponents and so I’m always expecting people to cut back or try and do some skil. Those players that just get their head down and sprint almost always catch me off guard.
Annoying thing is I position my players to block passes but the ball just bounces off my player's leg and straight back to the passer, and then my CM is essentially out of the game as the second pass goes past him whilst the animation finishes.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also I used to always lose to a mate that played that way. I was so used to people cutting back and doing all sorts of things that he always caught me off guard by running in straight lines :lol:

Paxi

Big day for me today. I’m down to division 4. One more to go before where I was last year.

Hopefully I can get 7 wins and qualify for the playoff tonight — which I’ll probably lose.

TrustInJanuzaj

Annoying thing is I position my players to block passes but the ball just bounces off my player's leg and straight back to the passer, and then my CM is essentially out of the game as the second pass goes past him whilst the animation finishes.
Yeh agreed. I actually sold my team last night because I honestly don’t enjoy playing online alone that much any more. I had about 200k which I gave to my mate (don’t tell EA!) and I’m just going to keep playing Co-op with his side. This is what we are playing with:

————Son (LF)————Kane———Salah(RF)———
——————Firminho——————Bruno———————
—————————————Saul————————————
Robertson—Kimpembe——Marquinhos—Cancelo
———————————Donnuruma——————————

Salah is out of this world and has already got 15 in his last 12 for us. Son and Kane are both class too and not that far behind. Friminho in CM is abit rogue but actually works pretty well. Haven’t actually tried that central defensive pair and keeper yet but we will have afew tonight to test it out. On paper it looks absolutely insane.

We are currently in div 4 which is still okay at the moment. I’d say we are probably winning 3 of every 4 currently so should climb into high div 4 or 3 at least.,

TrustInJanuzaj

Also I used to always lose to a mate that played that way. I was so used to people cutting back and doing all sorts of things that he always caught me off guard by running in straight lines :lol:
Yep I stand by people like that are pretty crap but then they do give me a stylistic nightmare so that’s probably why I’m moaning!

TrustInJanuzaj

Also does anyone know if you can play Champions/weekend league (whatever it’s called) in co op this year? Always thought it was stupid they didn’t allow that.