Gaming FIFA 22

MiceOnMeth

Create a club in career mode looks lazily slapped together by a couple of interns. No other changes to career mode like stats carrying over to the next season is really disappointing. The power of zen 2 should surely mean i can track Greenwoods goals, appearances and assists throughout his career instead of me having to make an excel spreadsheet :boring: Career mode could be great with even a little bit of effort from EA. sigh.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Surely not. Maguire done dirty.
It’s fake. Even if he had 90 rating, maguire still would be shite in-game. His body type, speed and agility make him unusable.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Create a club in career mode looks lazily slapped together by a couple of interns. No other changes to career mode like stats carrying over to the next season is really disappointing. The power of zen 2 should surely mean i can track Greenwoods goals, appearances and assists throughout his career instead of me having to make an excel spreadsheet :boring: Career mode could be great with even a little bit of effort from EA. sigh.
Yeah stuff like this is so basic and would add so much. Yet it gets left out. I’m not surprised when I see a bunch of Americans are still making the game.

JB7

Was there much of a step up between old-gen and next-gen FIFA 21?

I've been on PC for the last few years but note that they aren't bringing next-gen FIFA to PC again for 22 so wondering if it's worth picking up a PS5?

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Was there much of a step up between old-gen and next-gen FIFA 21?

I've been on PC for the last few years but note that they aren't bringing next-gen FIFA to PC again for 22 so wondering if it's worth picking up a PS5?
I havent seen a huge jump. Frame rates are better and there was a small bump in graphics quality on games I own on the ps4. We are at the beginning of the ps5 cycle so I expect to see big improvements over the next few years.

Carolina Red

Staff
What is the worst about that is that I remember going all the way back into the early 2000s, EA Sports career modes in its Madden, NCAA, and MLB games allowed you to track all player stats in the game for the entirety of the career mode. I distinctly recall creating baseball and football players as rookies, playing 15 seasons with them in game, and it would show every career stat that player, and every single other player in the game, had.

LoneStar

It’s fake. Even if he had 90 rating, maguire still would be shite in-game. His body type, speed and agility make him unusable.
I like playing him on Fifa 21 career mode. I've been playing him and Varane for a couple seasons, and they've been great.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I like playing him on Fifa 21 career mode. I've been playing him and Varane for a couple seasons, and they've been great.
I’m just talking about ultimate team mate. He’s an oil tanker when he’s up against agile players.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Why on earth does one of the best young footballers around not have a face on FIFA?! Bizarre.
Aye it’s a complete joke. They give faces to bloody celebs and can’t give one to the hottest prospect. No doubt he will get shafted on his rating too!

JP77

Same I got bloody volts and kick off though so will probably play a game or 2 of kick off and bin it off.
Had no idea different people got different options. I got FUT and kick off which is a result as I only really play FUT, barely bother with offline.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Had no idea different people got different options. I got FUT and kick off which is a result as I only really play FUT, barely bother with offline.
Same, my punishment for not bothering at all last year I suppose, first one I've not bought.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Same I got bloody volts and kick off though so will probably play a game or 2 of kick off and bin it off.
Happy to use if you don’t want. I’m so bored of fifa 21.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Got the beta and a PS5 today, been playing FUT all evening. I’m not really allowed to comment on the beta, but EA won’t find me here.

It’s slower, more realistic, lots more animations which is good. Through balls are very different, in a positive way. Lofted through balls actually work well now. Enjoying the game a lot at the moment. Can’t really complain about anything, maybe apart from shooting not having changed much. Still way too difficult to shoot from some angles. Goalkeepers seem a bit OP, they have a lot of new animations as well and looks/feels super realistic although a bit overpowered.

AaronRedDevil

Got the beta and a PS5 today, been playing FUT all evening. I’m not really allowed to comment on the beta, but EA won’t find me here.

It’s slower, more realistic, lots more animations which is good. Through balls are very different, in a positive way. Lofted through balls actually work well now. Enjoying the game a lot at the moment. Can’t really complain about anything, maybe apart from shooting not having changed much. Still way too difficult to shoot from some angles. Goalkeepers seem a bit OP, they have a lot of new animations as well and looks/feels super realistic although a bit overpowered.
Sounds like a good improvement. How's the defending and tackling? Do they still bounce back to the oppo? That's how I concede 95% of my goals.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

It will be an absolutely fantastic game by launch and then patch 1.01 will hit with “gameplay improvements” and it will all go to absolute shit.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

Have you played against lower league sides at all? Wondering if their players all act like Messi against you in career mode?

P-Nut

I gave the beta a good couple hours last night and was quite impressed. I've only got kick off and volta, but one thing I wasn't expecting was volta to actually be fun. Last time I tried it, it was clunky and was basically fifa with less players on the pitch. They've added extra animations and tweaked little bits (from when I played last, as I didn't play it last year) to make it a really fun game mode.

Normal kick off was fun, but you aren't contending with lag and momentum as heavily as you are with online gameplay.

If they released it like this and only patched bugs I think people would enjoy it, however we all know that's not going to be the case.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm really hopeful for this FIFA game, but the general reaction to BETA and Demo releases are always positive. "It's slower" is an evergreen comment for a FIFA demo.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Have they fixed the midfield? That was the biggest issue with last years game, it was basically nonexistent!

RedDevilRoshi

I got a closed beta code as well which I’m hugely surprised about as didn’t play FIFA 21 and only played FIFA 20 for just 2-3 months before trading it in.

When you say people got different options, I seem to have all the modes as my e-mail from EA states:

Congratulations! You've been selected to participate in the FIFA 22 Closed Beta. Starting August 12th at 18:00pm BST and open until September 2nd at 18:00pm BST, you can play and test the following game modes: FIFA Ultimate Team, Career Mode, VOLTA FOOTBALL, Pro Clubs and Kick-Off.

JP77

Haven’t touched it yet as I’ve just tested positive for covid and feel like I’ve been hit by a truck, hopefully get on it tomorrow if I’m feeling a bit better.

Other than the obvious pro clubs being improved, which we know never happens, I just badly want to see AI improved. The defensive AI in 21 was as bad asI can remember in recent times. It’s like they set the AI difficulty to beginner, hardly any movement at times from the defense, just non existent at times. Improving the AI would make the game a hell of a lot better.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Aye it’s a complete joke. They give faces to bloody celebs and can’t give one to the hottest prospect. No doubt he will get shafted on his rating too!
He had 81 pace and 78 shooting on 21, which is a bit absurd really. He isn't as fast as Rashford but is still rapid, 85 pace is more what he should be. 78 shooting is day light robbery though.

If his pace and shooting are not 85 on the next one then we riot.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Haven’t touched it yet as I’ve just tested positive for covid and feel like I’ve been hit by a truck, hopefully get on it tomorrow if I’m feeling a bit better.

Other than the obvious pro clubs being improved, which we know never happens, I just badly want to see AI improved. The defensive AI in 21 was as bad asI can remember in recent times. It’s like they set the AI difficulty to beginner, hardly any movement at times from the defense, just non existent at times. Improving the AI would make the game a hell of a lot better.
Thing that's always pissed me off is how the AI defends against you. You learn to play a different way because you know what works and what doesn't. You can never really skip past an AI defender on any real difficulty. They just warp into you and take the ball.

P-Nut

Thing that's always pissed me off is how the AI defends against you. You learn to play a different way because you know what works and what doesn't. You can never really skip past an AI defender on any real difficulty. They just warp into you and take the ball.
Rainbow flick still works against AI, and I had a couple little bits were I skipped past them at full flow, but trying any sort of stop and go is pointless.

Got the wife's brother up for a couple days this weekend so should hopefully be able to judge how it plays with no lag affecting anything.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Rainbow flick still works against AI, and I had a couple little bits were I skipped past them at full flow, but trying any sort of stop and go is pointless.

Got the wife's brother up for a couple days this weekend so should hopefully be able to judge how it plays with no lag affecting anything.
It shouldn't though. Nobody does this in real life apart from Neymar and Ronaldinho :lol:

Macern

Pee pee pants
Sounds like a good improvement. How's the defending and tackling? Do they still bounce back to the oppo? That's how I concede 95% of my goals.
Tackling is a lot better. Players move slower when jockeying though, so you need to anticipate what's going to happen rather than just react.
It will be an absolutely fantastic game by launch and then patch 1.01 will hit with “gameplay improvements” and it will all go to absolute shit.
Yeah, happens every single year
Have you played against lower league sides at all? Wondering if their players all act like Messi against you in career mode?
No haven't tried that unfortunately
I gave the beta a good couple hours last night and was quite impressed. I've only got kick off and volta, but one thing I wasn't expecting was volta to actually be fun. Last time I tried it, it was clunky and was basically fifa with less players on the pitch. They've added extra animations and tweaked little bits (from when I played last, as I didn't play it last year) to make it a really fun game mode.

Normal kick off was fun, but you aren't contending with lag and momentum as heavily as you are with online gameplay.

If they released it like this and only patched bugs I think people would enjoy it, however we all know that's not going to be the case.
I've only ever played one game of Volta and I probably won't touch it again. You got the new xbox?

P-Nut

Tackling is a lot better. Players move slower when jockeying though, so you need to anticipate what's going to happen rather than just react.

Yeah, happens every single year

No haven't tried that unfortunately

I've only ever played one game of Volta and I probably won't touch it again. You got the new xbox?
PS5 and I thought exactly the same, only tried it out as I got kick off and volta as my only playable modes.

It's more a mates sat around mode than something you'd play properly, but with 3 minute halves and it being much more fluid than the last time I touched it, I think it'll work as a party game mode.