Gaming FIFA 22

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Hopefully we get a proper face scan of Greenwood. Him still having a generic regen face fecking is ridiculous!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
First full game being made for the next gen systems, I should expect a bigger jump than any since that first full one on the PS4. But I won't hold my breath. Feels like they're just getting more and more complacent and even losing more and more naming rights... so we'll see what they do.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
First full game being made for the next gen systems, I should expect a bigger jump than any since that first full one on the PS4. But I won't hold my breath. Feels like they're just getting more and more complacent and even losing more and more naming rights... so we'll see what they do.
Yeah I feel like they'll either have a brand new engine or it'll be dogshit with pathetic features that were basically already in the game, just slightly renamed. No in-between.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Yeah I feel like they'll either have a brand new engine or it'll be dogshit with pathetic features that were basically already in the game, just slightly renamed. No in-between.
I feel like you're right and I also feel like it'll be the latter scenario.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
"Game changing reveal" will just mean new marketing words to describe the exact same shit.
Yep. It’s a new game and that’s technically enough to be game changing.

AaronRedDevil

I miss the days where there were several player's on the cover. That's when fifa was the best.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
120 FPS game mode would be awesome and the best improvement they could make but can’t see them doing it unfortunately. At least get the replays to 60fps..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I wish Fifa would put money in building a proper manager mode to rival football manager. Though I suppose having children steal their moms credit card to buy packs of cards is a bit more profitable.

Wal2Fra

I wish Fifa would put money in building a proper manager mode to rival football manager. Though I suppose having children steal their moms credit card to buy packs of cards is a bit more profitable.
Out of interest, what would you want to see added? I hadn't played a career mode in the past 3 years so I found this career mode to be ok (except the difficulty is too easy even on ultimate)

Would like to see some additional features in pro-clubs. Possibly a team training where you can do the various skill games toghether with your team mates to gain exp for your pro, ,not a massive feature by any stretch but can break up the game mode a little.

mu4c_20le

How about the gameplay not be on rails? That would certainly be game changing

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I played 21 a lot during lockdown, and had ambitions of becoming a tournament player. Stopped playing around christmas and couldn't get back into it though bar one or two spells. I don't particularly enjoy UT (clubs is great though) but I liked winning, you just have to play so many games to keep up and I was fifa fatigued. Now that my friends who played clubs have all moved on to families and shit, I think this is it for me.

I want to thank all the people who didn't skip celebrations, did the Mbappe pose, pointless skills and abusing messages. You are truly the cuntiest cnuts who ever cunted

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I still just want an updated Player Career Mode. At least get rid of all the bugs FFS. Ten fecking years!

binary bot
Remember the fifa Street thing they brought in :lol: what a load of shit that was

I'll buy this again to play clubs for a month. I've no hope of any significant work being put into non-UT game modes ever again.

Motorman

I played 21 a lot during lockdown, and had ambitions of becoming a tournament player. Stopped playing around christmas and couldn't get back into it though bar one or two spells. I don't particularly enjoy UT (clubs is great though) but I liked winning, you just have to play so many games to keep up and I was fifa fatigued. Now that my friends who played clubs have all moved on to families and shit, I think this is it for me.

I want to thank all the people who didn't skip celebrations, did the Mbappe pose, pointless skills and abusing messages. You are truly the cuntiest cnuts who ever cunted
Ahh, this brings it all back for me, so happy I haven't bothered for the last two Fifa's. Ultimate team was (and probably is even more so now) a joke and just pissed me off. I'm happy just playing on Fifa 19 occasionally now when the mood takes.

Hoof the ball

PES is going Free to Play for this year on their new engine according to sources in order to pull some of those fifa players away. So fifa really need to give their fans something different or the pendulum could swing a bit.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Ahh, this brings it all back for me, so happy I haven't bothered for the last two Fifa's. Ultimate team was (and probably is even more so now) a joke and just pissed me off. I'm happy just playing on Fifa 19 occasionally now when the mood takes.
Aye that was it, it ended up feeling like a chore and it got the point that when I took a break, I ended up coming to the conclusion that I wasn't enjoying myself and hadn't really for some time.

hubbuh

Seasons is so annoying. You can set it to Ultra Defensive but defenders still don't drop deep, and Mo fecking Salah will always get in behind and score.

red4ever 79

Bought one fifa in the last 5 years. Had every one up until around 2017. It's just the same recycled crap every year with updated squads.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The amount of money they’ve made off Ultimate Team you’d think they’d be able to afford/create an incredible engine and revolutionise the game.

Of course they won’t. But they could.

WPMUFC

if i want to try it out, i now wait for Fifa to go on the cheap Origin PC sub and play it for a month. Considering the state of the game i barely consider it free to play worthy at this rate. Utter trash that i may consider $6 on if I need some mindless escapism from a bad work week.

dove

PES is going Free to Play for this year on their new engine according to sources in order to pull some of those fifa players away. So fifa really need to give their fans something different or the pendulum could swing a bit.
PES will find a way to screw it up as always, no doubts about that. Meanwhile FIFA will just release the same rebranded crap like every single year because why should they bother updating it, the competition is virtually non existent. I gave up on all sports games since a few years ago now.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I picked up FIFA 21 since it was free on Gamepass. It's the first FIFA I've played since FIFA 12. It felt like the same game as 9 years ago with some slicker graphics, and better crowd animations. I somehow still had the muscle memory to pull off the same clunky skill moves and cringey celebrations, and score the exact same type of goals. Though tbf, it's the same with pretty much all the EA Sports titles. They haven't touched the NHL games beyond roster updates for years. EA need some competitors.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The amount of money they’ve made off Ultimate Team you’d think they’d be able to afford/create an incredible engine and revolutionise the game.

Theres an incredible engine available for free, its practically Unreal and they still won't use it because they want to hang on to a broken antique in house engine

Acole9

Outstanding
Probably not going to bother this time. Ultimate Team you just play annoying brats and career mode has too many flaws.

Nickosaur

Haven't bought fifa since...17? Don't think I will while the focus remains on Ultimate Team. They've stumbled onto a mode that churns out money for them and they can't be fecked to fix anything else.

Shark

@NotShark

If Fifa was still more geared towards providing a good single player experience and not geared towards the cash cow that is UT, that would be possible. These days everything is improving online first and single player if they have time to at the end. The audience that's attracted to UT don't really care for realism or anything like that, just once they pack Ronaldo or Messi that'll do.