Gaming FIFA 22

Hoof the ball

I read in the patch notes that it's got player scaling. So, if you play on professional against a mediocre team they'll perform just like that, but if Mbappe, for example, played for them, individually he'd play at world class. So, I think there is something in place to prevent Mansfield from playing like Messi.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Got the beta and a PS5 today, been playing FUT all evening. I’m not really allowed to comment on the beta, but EA won’t find me here.

It’s slower, more realistic, lots more animations which is good. Through balls are very different, in a positive way. Lofted through balls actually work well now. Enjoying the game a lot at the moment. Can’t really complain about anything, maybe apart from shooting not having changed much. Still way too difficult to shoot from some angles. Goalkeepers seem a bit OP, they have a lot of new animations as well and looks/feels super realistic although a bit overpowered.
Sounds decent. My main issue with FUT is it always becomes ridiculously arcadey as it goes because the constant rating increases, but also they just seem to speed everything up. Non FUT game modes feel like a different game in 21 still.

I am expecting a good amount though. First full one on next gen is usually the biggest upgrade.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Some gameplay. Will probably get taken down soon though.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I read in the patch notes that it's got player scaling. So, if you play on professional against a mediocre team they'll perform just like that, but if Mbappe, for example, played for them, individually he'd play at world class. So, I think there is something in place to prevent Mansfield from playing like Messi.
This would actually make a big difference but I wouldn't hold out hope on it, or it being done in any way to actually be effective. Like how every year they "fix" the career mode, by doing absolutely nothing to it but adding in some silly feature like forcing you to give post match interviews.

The problem with both this and PES (or whatever its calling itself this year) on single player is they've both gotten so lazy with the AI...well Fifa have never not been lazy with it, but still. I only got Fifa 21 recently because it was availablle on the cheap but its the same nonsense. doesn't matter if you're playing against Leeds, Aberdeen or Man City, the CPU plays with the exact same style. Every goal it scores is the exact same thing to the point it ruins any illusion of it being a football sim. There is no team individuality never mind player individuality. There is no game or situational variation to make one game seem any different from the next.

Particularly annoying as you feel they could really improve it if they spent a bit of time on it, even if they did want to keep the exact same game engine for the next 500 years. They're just more focused on people being able to buy packs of players and get a golden Sancho, then use him online to rainbow flick the ball over 8 players in a row and volley it in with his arse. Or however it works. I miss the days when online gaming was basically just Counter Strike and Team Fortress.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This would actually make a big difference but I wouldn't hold out hope on it, or it being done in any way to actually be effective. Like how every year they "fix" the career mode, by doing absolutely nothing to it but adding in some silly feature like forcing you to give post match interviews.

The problem with both this and PES (or whatever its calling itself this year) on single player is they've both gotten so lazy with the AI...well Fifa have never not been lazy with it, but still. I only got Fifa 21 recently because it was availablle on the cheap but its the same nonsense. doesn't matter if you're playing against Leeds, Aberdeen or Man City, the CPU plays with the exact same style. Every goal it scores is the exact same thing to the point it ruins any illusion of it being a football sim. There is no team individuality never mind player individuality. There is no game or situational variation to make one game seem any different from the next.

Particularly annoying as you feel they could really improve it if they spent a bit of time on it, even if they did want to keep the exact same game engine for the next 500 years. They're just more focused on people being able to buy packs of players and get a golden Sancho, then use him online to rainbow flick the ball over 8 players in a row and volley it in with his arse. Or however it works. I miss the days when online gaming was basically just Counter Strike and Team Fortress.
We’re in the minority in how we want the game to play, unfortunately. Whatever makes them money will always win out. I had the naive thought once that they might use all the money to fix the AI and gameplay but that was silly.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Pretty annoying that us PC gamers get nadda this year. Also reading that Madden 22 has had two years without upgrading the PC engine to be line with next gen.

Bloody EA.

Giggsyking

United numbers on fifa 22 are really really good. I did not play Fifa last year because i hated it. But I think I will this year.

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Any update at all to career mode to make it a more immersive experience?

JB7

Pretty annoying that us PC gamers get nadda this year. Also reading that Madden 22 has had two years without upgrading the PC engine to be line with next gen.

Bloody EA.
So has FIFA, both 21 & 22 have been the slimmed down versions which is a joke because a PC can have the power of 5 Xbox whatever it is this time and PS5s put together.
Any update at all to career mode to make it a more immersive experience?
Literally the only change I've seen is they have copy and pasted the created a club stuff from Pro Clubs into career mode.

Maluco

Yeah, you pay for transfers with real money. Every £1mill in game is £1 in real life.
:D At least it would mean you would think twice before having Greenwood/Saka combo in the Championship and have it all mean nothing anyway!

Maluco

They finally put in an extra 1% of effort in this fifa.

Heres the news for Career mode.

https://realsport101.com/fifa/fifa-...provements-wishlist-transfers-training-growth
A few interesting ideas there. I just hate the lack of realism with transfers and the fact that we still just have a stock celebration with a trophy win, which is immediately forgotten.

If FM can create a world where accomplishments are remembered and clubs actually have restrictions in terms of profile of players they can sign, why can’t FIFA?

In 2021, you could still just save your transfer budget and bring in 7-8 80+ players on a free, no completion, no hesitation on players part, if you have the cash, they come.

It’s a joke that it’s still this way so many years on.

AaronRedDevil

A few interesting ideas there. I just hate the lack of realism with transfers and the fact that we still just have a stock celebration with a trophy win, which is immediately forgotten.

If FM can create a world where accomplishments are remembered and clubs actually have restrictions in terms of profile of players they can sign, why can’t FIFA?

In 2021, you could still just save your transfer budget and bring in 7-8 80+ players on a free, no completion, no hesitation on players part, if you have the cash, they come.

It’s a joke that it’s still this way so many years on.
Yeah it’s really just amateur hour when it comes to career mode. It desperately needs a revamp. One thing I despise is when you make an wage offer, they immediately get pissy and walk out of the room. Like who the actual feck has ever done that. Just makes no sense. How about you just give me a number!

Shark

@NotShark
Any recent beta gameplay I've seen of this has flattened whatever hope I had. Looks nothing like a game of football.

The Firestarter

Will this be better than pes in the actual gameplay, or the same glued to foot ball bullshit ?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Will this be better than pes in the actual gameplay, or the same glued to foot ball bullshit ?
I’m seriously worried about eFootball 22. X-platform including mobile. How the feck is that going to work or be fair?

The Firestarter

Don't need to play it to know it'll feel just as bad as the last two FIFAs.
And still ridiculously overpriced . But my question was based on their latest gimmick, which apparently enhanced the way players move. I thought they might have improved other mechanics as well.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
It’s just ultimate team reset and stats updates. Rest is basically the same

gorky_utd

Any idea if there will be a demo of the Fifa 19+++ Or EA has decided it is too much work without money?

hobbers

I just hope it's crossplay. EA really need to get on the bandwagon after Rocket League and MLB The Show proved it can done.
EA don't believe in crossplay. More lucrative to force people to buy it/pay for EA premium to get it on different platforms.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Why not? I don't think any device specs can provide an advantage in such a game.
im thinking more down to controls and the dumbing down of gameplay. Are they only going to be targeting hardcore players who use a controller with their mobile?

I don’t want to play on my PS5 with my PS5 controller on a wired fibre connection against someone on an iPhone on a train on 4G.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If I got the PS5 version and wanted to play pro clubs with friends who have the PS4 version, will this work or not?
It doesn't work on Fifa 21 and from the research i've done, my understanding is that for it to work on Fifa 22, you'd need to buy the 'Ultimate edition'. But I may be wrong

The Firestarter

im thinking more down to controls and the dumbing down of gameplay. Are they only going to be targeting hardcore players who use a controller with their mobile?

I don’t want to play on my PS5 with my PS5 controller on a wired fibre connection against someone on an iPhone on a train on 4G.
Not sure how they will be implementing the controls on mobile - I have not played their current mobile game. I suppose some sort of gesture controls will be in place to compensate. Also, probably you will be able to see the other party's platform and connection quality before starting the game.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Any changes in the gameplay this time or is it just the previous version with a rating update? Skipped FIFA21 and just want to know if this one is worth buying?

Paxi

When are the ratings out for United?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Apparently Greenwood is rated 78 again whilst Foden is 84 and Saka is 83. Absolute joke if true. Greenwood didn’t have a face in the last game ffs.

Paxi

Apparently Greenwood is rated 78 again whilst Foden is 84 and Saka is 83. Absolute joke if true. Greenwood didn’t have a face in the last game ffs.
He’s not face scanned in this either.