Gaming FIFA 22

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Using De Ligt and Coulibaly and they’re great.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Alisson was just awful for me. I replaced him with Donnaruma who has been much better. Interested to see if he is good for others or is crap for you too.
Donnarumma is very good, but Alisson is fine for me. No complaints.

Frank White

I think it’s mostly defence I struggle with, I don’t seem to have anywhere near the amount of players actually defending compared to the opposition. I’ve tried more defensive tactics and telling my centre mids to stay back but then my forwards struggle

my team currently is : 41212
Ederson
Walker Rudigar Gomez Robertson
RB Onyeka
Bruno RB Varetti
Sancho
Neymar Werner
4231 is my preferred defensive formation it's been very effective when closing out close games. Wouldn't be a very fun way to play it but both dm's stay back while attacking, cover center, both full backs stay back while attacking then all CAMS and ST stay forward, get in behind. You could go the whole extra mile and go full 1depth, drop back and long ball strat if you're still struggling.

Ole90+3

Anyone finding the button lag particularly bad the past few days? Game feels super unresponsive even when being told I’m on 18ms latency.

Does anyone know if EA have different servers for Champs vs Rivals. Champs always feels much better and responsive than Rivals.

Luminous Lizard

4231 is my preferred defensive formation it's been very effective when closing out close games. Wouldn't be a very fun way to play it but both dm's stay back while attacking, cover center, both full backs stay back while attacking then all CAMS and ST stay forward, get in behind. You could go the whole extra mile and go full 1depth, drop back and long ball strat if you're still struggling.
cheers I’ll give it a go

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Anyone finding the button lag particularly bad the past few days? Game feels super unresponsive even when being told I’m on 18ms latency.

Does anyone know if EA have different servers for Champs vs Rivals. Champs always feels much better and responsive than Rivals.
Mine is the opposite, rivals I can play free flowing football, champs I'm reduced to slow boring style with 17 touches needed to control the ball.

Frank White

Yep, you on this gen or ps4? Been told the game runs smoother on the ps4 at the point of trying it because the games been near unplayable for me on ps5.

For me WL has always been smoother.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Just beat a guy with a skill rating of 1960, with Neymar, Mbappe and Dembele up front, constantly doing skill moves by 6-0. Best I've felt in a long time.

His attack was very good but defensively just horrible.

Ole90+3

Yep, you on this gen or ps4? Been told the game runs smoother on the ps4 at the point of trying it because the games been near unplayable for me on ps5.

For me WL has always been smoother.
I’m on new gen yeah. No way I’m going back to previous gen though, I’ll just be undoing good work trying to skill up on the new mechanics.
I mean I know that new motion technology for the new gen is meaning the players take heavier touches but I know what the game feels like with no button lag and it definitely feels like something has changed the past few days.

Chief123

These are some very good tips, and I will be using them. Do you suggest anything for defending headers?
When it comes to heading, I would say the key thing is definitely not to spam the button. Only press it once and press it early. It’s never too early to press it. I often press it using L2 at the same time. And if it’s a clearance header, always try to use shoot to make the header as opposed to a pass header.

Chief123

You can't use assisted jockey online. If you go to controller settings and look at the competitive master switch it sets it to off as soon as you turn it on, and it's always on when playing online
I couldn’t change it while I was in a game but when I changed it from the main menu settings, then it also kept the settings for online play. Online play I have only tested it on Seasons mode, online friendlies and pro clubs. I’ve not tested it on ultimate team.

ravi2

This is how to set up my 4231 as well.

Do you have your LM/RM on come back on defense or balanced?

Frank White

This is how to set up my 4231 as well.

Do you have your LM/RM on come back on defense or balanced?
I use the 3 cam one and in my setup I use stay forward on the central cam and default on the two wide.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Eww please don’t promote these “strategies” so painful to play against and really just ruins the enjoyment over time!

P-Nut

I couldn’t change it while I was in a game but when I changed it from the main menu settings, then it also kept the settings for online play. Online play I have only tested it on Seasons mode, online friendlies and pro clubs. I’ve not tested it on ultimate team.
Oh really that is weird as it says mandatory for online play, but wouldn't be suprised if they have fecked it up. I'll have to give it a go

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Games absolutely fecked. I don't get it.
Market is on it's ass, and has been for a few weeks.

My team has dropped 400k in the last week already, and only earned 86k in that time.

And to make things worse.
If you packed Baggio, Pele or Ballack in the base Icon sbc, you got the mid by mistake... Great for the people who got it.
So what do EA do, rather than say, well done, you've got the better version, just keep it, they decide to let them keep them AND give them the base version for free as a tradable...

Frank White

Games absolutely fecked. I don't get it.
Market is on it's ass, and has been for a few weeks.

My team has dropped 400k in the last week already, and only earned 86k in that time.

And to make things worse.
If you packed Baggio, Pele or Ballack in the base Icon sbc, you got the mid by mistake... Great for the people who got it.
So what do EA do, rather than say, well done, you've got the better version, just keep it, they decide to let them keep them AND give them the base version for free as a tradable...
that's hilarious, can't expect many Pele where pulled so shouldn't affect the market too much. No idea why they didn't just let them keep the card and leave it at that.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
My end of season rewards were absolutely amazing.

1. 100k pack - Messi
2. 100k pack - Hakimi
3. 50k pack - Kane and benzema in the same pack.

add to that me packing 2IF vini and I’m currently in the best pack run since I started UT in fut 12.

TrustInJanuzaj

1. 100k pack - Messi
2. 100k pack - Hakimi

add to that me packing 2IF vini and I’m currently in the best pack run since I started UT in fut 12.
Please give me some of this! I literally never pack anyone decent it’s beyond a joke! I’m going the legend SBC later and I swear if I get someone crap I’m gonna cry!

dannyrhinos89

Please give me some of this! I literally never pack anyone decent it’s beyond a joke! I’m going the legend SBC later and I swear if I get someone crap I’m gonna cry!
mate I’ve played pretty solidly since fut 12 and this last week was easily my best luck ever, I actually can’t believe it.

saw the RW and PSG and just thought mehhhh it’s Di Maria then Messi comes sliding into screen, funny thing is I was considering buying him anyway so now I don’t need to.

I’m sure your time will come for amazing packs might not be this fifa though.

TrustInJanuzaj

mate I’ve played pretty solidly since fut 12 and this last week was easily my best luck ever, I actually can’t believe it.

saw the RW and PSG and just thought mehhhh it’s Di Maria then Messi comes sliding into screen, funny thing is I was considering buying him anyway so now I don’t need to.

I’m sure your time will come for amazing packs might not be this fifa though.
Yeh I hope so one day! Messi is great though he’s just perfect for the gameplay this year.

P-Nut

1. 100k pack - Messi
2. 100k pack - Hakimi

Was going to save mine, but got annoyed earlier and opened them, got untradable Varane which meant I could sell mine. Made a nice 160k. 2IF Vini is absolutely class by the way, been using him for a while now

Frank White

1. 100k pack - Messi
2. 100k pack - Hakimi

Congrats that's some nice luck, what's your team looking like? Had some crazy luck this year too. Got Varane in my welcome back pack, Messi in my 500 g/a pack Trezeguet, Neymar and Kante all tradeable aswell.

dannyrhinos89

Was going to save mine, but got annoyed earlier and opened them, got untradable Varane which meant I could sell mine. Made a nice 160k. 2IF Vini is absolutely class by the way, been using him for a while now
I’ve actually just sold him he didn’t fit my team anymore. Too expensive to be used solely as a super sub. He was very good in game though. Maxed out speed and agility is probably the reason.

I’ve heard Varane is not as good this year as previous versions But it’s still a sick pull. At least you’re able to sell your other one it’s always good when that works out.

Congrats that's some nice luck, what's your team looking like? Had some crazy luck this year too. Got Varane in my welcome back pack, Messi in my 500 g/a pack Trezeguet, Neymar and Kante all tradeable aswell.
That’s some great pack luck too. I’m running serie A, it’s been my go to from the start and I’ve been slowly upgrading. Luckily because I packed hakimi and I have that rule breaker veratti I can link them with Messi. I play 41212-2 in game but start in a 433-3 so everyone is full chem.

GK - donnarumma
RB - hakimi
cb - kimpembe
cb - hero Córdoba
lb - Hernandez
cdm - rulebreaker veratti
cm - rukebrekaer gosens
Cm - rulebreaker zaniolo
cam - Messi
st - Hero Di natale
st - POTM simeone

P-Nut

Just pulled IF Goretzka and have no way of getting him into my squad. He's untradable as well so can't even make coins on him.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Does anyone else have the problem that they can't start the game anymore after the update?
Playing on PS

edit: Can I just delete the whole game and download it again on the PS store without losing my FUT progress?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

1. 100k pack - Messi
2. 100k pack - Hakimi

Goodness. Mind sending some positive vibes my way? I got Kessie - twice; one after the other — had to stick him into an SBC. To add instult to injury, he’s apparently not that good either.

P-Nut

Does anyone else have the problem that they can't start the game anymore after the update?
Playing on PS

edit: Can I just delete the whole game and download it again on the PS store without losing my FUT progress?
Progress is linked to your account rather than the actual game so yeah you can delete and redownload

Frank White

I’ve actually just sold him he didn’t fit my team anymore. Too expensive to be used solely as a super sub. He was very good in game though. Maxed out speed and agility is probably the reason.

I’ve heard Varane is not as good this year as previous versions But it’s still a sick pull. At least you’re able to sell your other one it’s always good when that works out.

That’s some great pack luck too. I’m running serie A, it’s been my go to from the start and I’ve been slowly upgrading. Luckily because I packed hakimi and I have that rule breaker veratti I can link them with Messi. I play 41212-2 in game but start in a 433-3 so everyone is full chem.

GK - donnarumma
RB - hakimi
cb - kimpembe
cb - hero Córdoba
lb - Hernandez
cdm - rulebreaker veratti
cm - rukebrekaer gosens
Cm - rulebreaker zaniolo
cam - Messi
st - Hero Di natale
st - POTM simeone
Lovely team, how's Córdoba? Might be my next pick up, sick of staring at non special players and have coins burning holes in my pockets.

Frank White

Leagues are back but they're the dead ones. Should be pretty easy to grind when more of them come out and the end reward for ligue 1 seems OK for 4 teams. Hopefully for the prem/bundes/la liga they up the packs to 50's at least it adds something to do on the train journey tomorrow.

TrustInJanuzaj

Ffs got Ian Wright as my legend. Pretty much 400k down the drain there, just wanted for once to pack an absolute beast! Oh well he will be okay on the bench.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Leagues are back but they're the dead ones. Should be pretty easy to grind when more of them come out and the end reward for ligue 1 seems OK for 4 teams. Hopefully for the prem/bundes/la liga they up the packs to 50's at least it adds something to do on the train journey tomorrow.
4 teams? :lol: why can’t they just make them like they were when they first came out?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Should I rename this thread Ultimate Team and create a second Fifa thread? Genuine question. Or is it not worth it?