Gaming FIFA 22

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just got this after a couple years lay off and already finding myself getting addicted to Ultimate Team again.

Just been doing squad battles atm till I build up a semi decent team I can take online just wondering what formations are people having the most joy with this year?
4-4-2 is very strong if you favour attack over defence. The 4-5-1 with wide CAMs is quite meta for a well balanced team.

Frank White

Had some crazy luck over BF packed Pele from the hero SBC, IF Messi from about 15 81 ligue 1+ packs and just packed Ben Yedder from the 3 81+ flash sbc. Down about 200k and the clubs gutted of anything lower than 83 but very happy with the return.

Was thinking of going with a AFCON team but the defence is ropey so went with this as I wanted to try Gravenberch and Vidal in a team together.

Pele RB Kudus
Gravenberch
Ben Yedder Essien Vidal
Mendy Kimpembe Sig Skriniar Cuadrado
Cech

Ben Yedder feels just as OP as last years Headliner card but the stand out for me has been RB Kudus his shot is lethal and he's everywhere on the pitch.

AaronRedDevil

Just bought Ronaldo :drool: . First time I've ever owned him. Been playing UT since the beginning and my pack luck was never good. I'm on the way to having a great BPL sqaud. Just need to get Salah for RM and I'm sorted.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Did Base Icon Upgrade and got Roy Keane. Wouldn't even start for me.

Have Zola and Dalglish up front though, they are great.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Just got this after a couple years lay off and already finding myself getting addicted to Ultimate Team again.

Just been doing squad battles atm till I build up a semi decent team I can take online just wondering what formations are people having the most joy with this year?
4231 Narrow (Drop back defence and balanced mentality attack) has been consistently good for me. When I’m chasing games (2-0 down or so) I switch to 424 and use ‘Constant Press’, which makes it easy to win the ball back - though you are exposed if they play through your press.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I finally caved in and did the base Icon SBC. I got George Best which is amazing (and coincidentally the position I most needed to upgrade in my team).

Safe to say he is fecking amazing. 4 goals in his first match in div 2. Alongside the flashback Benzema from a couple of days ago I am scoring so many goals. Shame my defence is not up to the same standard :lol:

FrantikChicken

Can someone give me a quick rundown of the best path to getting icons?

I generally would love to have some in my team for the fun of it. Ideally a Stoichkov! Last year I managed to save up coins and buy him but by that point everyone had teams filled with players 95+ and the magic of an icon was kind of gone.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I finally caved in and did the base Icon SBC. I got George Best which is amazing (and coincidentally the position I most needed to upgrade in my team).

Safe to say he is fecking amazing. 4 goals in his first match in div 2. Alongside the flashback Benzema from a couple of days ago I am scoring so many goals. Shame my defence is not up to the same standard :lol:
This is unfair.

Frank White

I generally would love to have some in my team for the fun of it. Ideally a Stoichkov! Last year I managed to save up coins and buy him but by that point everyone had teams filled with players 95+ and the magic of an icon was kind of gone.
If you're low on coins/fodder then futswaps is the next best option. They usually give a selection of icons that can be attained by doing objectives for tokens that you trade in for icons, icon packs or later on in the game packs like 20x 83/84.

Think Stoichkov was available last year through swaps. Usually they give a few low tier ones for like 3/4/5 tokens then the big dogs are like 15+ but you'll have to wait at least another month to get them.

Nanook

You’ll be able to get some icons for free soon when they release icon swaps.

otherwise assuming you’re good enough to qualify, play WL and get the highest rivals wins each week.

7 wins in rivals and 8 wins in WL should give you a minimum of 100k a week.

gorky_utd

Just did the gelson martin sbc. Felt amazing so far in div 1. Bought if vinicius after spending all of my coins 240k and martins feels far better than this 83 vini. This is my team on pc.
Benzema 86
Vini 83 b.silva 89 martins 85
Barella 86 Llorente 86
Theo 86 cordoba 87 chilellini 85 cancelo 86
Donna 89
Has anyone used 85 vini because he seems to be the next upgrade for me?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Just did the gelson martin sbc. Felt amazing so far in div 1. Bought if vinicius after spending all of my coins 240k and martins feels far better than this 83 vini. This is my team on pc.
Benzema 86
Barella 86 Llorente 86
Donna 89
Played against him and he's unstoppable, his 98 base pace makes that you can boost his dribbling and shooting to the max. 5* sm, 4* wf, it is just unfair.

I’ve just seen your post above mine :lol: I promise I wasn’t aiming my bragging at you :lol:
:lol: cheers mate, enjoy your card.

I am going to use him after all as a CDM in a 41212 with him as CDM, RTTK Bernardo and RIF Kante next to him. Need to think of a CAM that I will play behind Dalglish and Zola.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Better than mine somehow - I got Ilicic as my best option :lol:
Unreal. I can’t complain about my pack luck this year to be fair, packed a lot of good players but all just their standard gold cards. Yet to pack a special card

Frank White

Weeks worth of WL reds got me the choice of 3 86's.... Definitely motivated me to play more.

Santos J

Congrats! He's been fantastic for me has that thing about him that seems to make defenders bounce off him :lol:
Yeah you weren't lying. He's got 6 in about 90 minutes worth of football from my 2 fut champs qualifiers I've played so far. :lol: Everything he hits seems to go in!

Frank White

Yeah you weren't lying. He's got 6 in about 90 minutes worth of football from my 2 fut champs qualifiers I've played so far. :lol: Everything he hits seems to go in!
He's ridiculous ain't he? Edge of the box, one on one or 5 men to beat in the box he'll find the net.

Frank White

Benzema 86
Barella 86 Llorente 86
Donna 89
Apparently he's a shoe-in for POTM so that could bring his price down or you could potentially do that if you have the fodder available? Going to hold off doing any SBC for a while in preparation for him I think, his stats will be ridiculous.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
4-4-2 is very strong if you favour attack over defence. The 4-5-1 with wide CAMs is quite meta for a well balanced team.
4231 Narrow (Drop back defence and balanced mentality attack) has been consistently good for me. When I’m chasing games (2-0 down or so) I switch to 424 and use ‘Constant Press’, which makes it easy to win the ball back - though you are exposed if they play through your press.
Cheers for the advice guys. I've completely ignored it and gone for the 4231 wide with the two CDMs. Worked well for me on single player so thought I would try it online to start with. Won all 3 rivals games I played with SIF Sarr absolutely ripping everybody to pieces. Not going to get too ahead of myself though since I imagine division 10 is a much lower standard of player im coming up against!

EvilChuck

Did the SBC Chong because I was tired of NU Insigne going missing in games, and he is exactly what I need from my wide players.

Only issue is I cant start him because of chemistry so i have to sub him in first minute.

He is making me hope for a FB Perisic or similar

Meller

Qualified for weekend league for the first time today, well it was my first time trying but still. Reckon I'll get destroyed as my team is pretty weak, how many games is it in total? And how many wins for some decent prices? Not on the console at the moment!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Qualified for weekend league for the first time today, well it was my first time trying but still. Reckon I'll get destroyed as my team is pretty weak, how many games is it in total? And how many wins for some decent prices? Not on the console at the moment!
20 games, 8 wins gets you the totw pack

EvilChuck

The qualifiers are always sweatier than the actual WL I find (although this week I managed 8-1 in qualifying)

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I got my standard 4 wins and missed out again. I'm so shit at the game :lol:

P-Nut

Think I'm finally done with this game. It's gone from the most enjoyable in years to the same as every other which is annoying as I was fully addicted at first with how fun it was. Not traded in weeks or improved my team at all.

pascell

Think I'm finally done with this game. It's gone from the most enjoyable in years to the same as every other which is annoying as I was fully addicted at first with how fun it was. Not traded in weeks or improved my team at all.
Happens every installment, I haven't bought fifa for 3 years now and haven't looked back.

P-Nut

Happens every installment, I haven't bought fifa for 3 years now and haven't looked back.
Yeah I had a couple years off, don't actually mind as I had a good few months playing it where I really enjoyed it and I'll still play every now and then, but no chance of me sinking similar hours to what I did at the start. My team is decent enough to be competitive all year now really so not too fussed about having to constantly upgrade it, can just jump on for a game every now and then

pascell

Yeah I had a couple years off, don't actually mind as I had a good few months playing it where I really enjoyed it and I'll still play every now and then, but no chance of me sinking similar hours to what I did at the start. My team is decent enough to be competitive all year now really so not too fussed about having to constantly upgrade it, can just jump on for a game every now and then
Yeah I know the feeling about sinking hours into it, the last time I bought a fifa I felt the same

Edit: have you any trading tips? I help my brother now and then with his fifa but its far behind everyone else's team quality wise

Last edited:

Frank White

When I eventually get to that point I normally build a team around players I like in real life or a theme. Definitely going to do a AFCON team at some point got a strong base already with the sig Mendy, Koulibaly, Pele just need some fullbacks or might have to go 3 atb.