Gaming FIFA 22

AaronRedDevil

I have to win 1 out of 6 games in the WL. And I can’t believe I’m going to lose all 6. There’s absolutely nothing I can do. I’m gutted. Every game just isn’t fair in the slightest. 1v1s on the keeper and the freshly subbed player into extra time decided to aim it straight at the keeper rather than shooting left or right and it happened twice. Then he scores in the 120mins. Best run I’ve ever had. And yet I can’t get this 1 fecking win. Because EVERYONE has legends. Will 2k ever hurry the feck up and make a decent football game. Tired of the scripting.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
On the draft if you're decent at the game most people are seemingly quitting out pretty quickly. Managed to win 4 today got shafted with the 2x25 pack and a 7.5k but added a few decent ones to the TOTY pack stack.
How many packs have you saved?

AaronRedDevil

I have to win 1 out of 6 games in the WL. And I can’t believe I’m going to lose all 6. There’s absolutely nothing I can do. I’m gutted. Every game just isn’t fair in the slightest. 1v1s on the keeper and the freshly subbed player into extra time decided to aim it straight at the keeper rather than shooting left or right and it happened twice. Then he scores in the 120mins. Best run I’ve ever had. And yet I can’t get this 1 fecking win. Because EVERYONE has legends. Will 2k ever hurry the feck up and make a decent football game. Tired of the scripting.
Scratch that. I WON THE LAST FECKING GAME! YEEEESSS!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
There's sometimes I'm beaten by a better player and when it happens I hold my hands up and say fair enough but other times it's just utter bull.

Some players literally play a sweaty front three and spam triangle it. I know it's effective and probably gets them more results than if they tried actual tactics but how can anyone get any real enjoyment out of playing like that? I got a few hammerings on the spin a few weeks ago so briefly went to a 352 to stem the bleeding and although it worked well for an instant fix (won them all) I was bored shitless and changed it back after four games.

On another note can someone who's had standard card Kante tell me if he's worth the coins, I was hoping to get the TOTW version in weekend league rewards but no such luck.

TrustInJanuzaj

There's sometimes I'm beaten by a better player and when it happens I hold my hands up and say fair enough but other times it's just utter bull.

Some players literally play a sweaty front three and spam triangle it. I know it's effective and probably gets them more results than if they tried actual tactics but how can anyone get any real enjoyment out of playing like that? I got a few hammerings on the spin a few weeks ago so briefly went to a 352 to stem the bleeding and although it worked well for an instant fix (won them all) I was bored shitless and changed it back after four games.

On another note can someone who's had standard card Kante tell me if he's worth the coins, I was hoping to get the TOTW version in weekend league rewards but no such luck.
Yep kante is abit of a beast this year, even his base card. Crazy interceptions and tackling and feels really nimble on the ball. Passing is average but that’s why you need to pair him with a more offensive player.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yep kante is abit of a beast this year, even his base card. Crazy interceptions and tackling and feels really nimble on the ball. Passing is average but that’s why you need to pair him with a more offensive player.
I've currently got that Etebo card who's basically like his mini version.

Since that post I've discovered TOTW De Bruyne is in my price range so I've got a decision to make....

AaronRedDevil

yeah it's hard to enjoy at time. Oh I bought the Kante card to replace Ndidi and my god the guy is a monster. He's very fast so he's able to wrestle the ball off the player pretty quick. Money well spent

TrustInJanuzaj

I've currently got that Etebo card who's basically like his mini version.

Since that post I've discovered TOTW De Bruyne is in my price range so I've got a decision to make....
Personally with Etebo I’d go someone more offensive (i.e De Bruyne) unless you want to be pretty defensive.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’ve got Etebo and Headliners Onyeka in a two, and quite like them. Etebo especially.

Got Onyeka to replace Pogba who is terrible this year, and as long as I don’t try to pass with him that much he’s pretty good.

Frank White

How many packs have you saved?
107 right now I've got 48 45k, 22 35k, 20 30k and a few 100k and 50k. Club is rammed with players got about 2000 players so if we get good upgrades will chuck them into them, probably should have done it with the 81x2 we had last week but wanted to get some more leagues done. Probably out about 200k but have quite a bit to show for it, probably going to be dupe city I'm guessing about 14 Coates, 30 Zapata's and 40 Icardi's and Vollands.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Personally with Etebo I’d go someone more offensive (i.e De Bruyne) unless you want to be pretty defensive.
I have Tielemens and showdown Kova in the midfield three with him. I do a Liverpool and have my fullbacks bombing forward scoring and assisting a lot so I don't particularly need the midfielders to be stat padders.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Had a load of 88s and the odd 89 lying around my club so decided to do the icon SBC not really expecting anyone. It only cost me 160k to do, what’s the worst that can happen?

Out steps Pelé. Best pull I’ve had in 10 years playing this stupid game.

Welcome to the Pele club. He's a game changer.

TrustInJanuzaj

Game is doing my head in at the moment. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on it recently and have improved my team but I just can’t get close to so many of the teams now with the legends they have. All of my eggs are now firmly in the TOTY basket and the icon swaps. I’ve saved up 115 packs so far and hoping to make that 150 ish over the next few weeks. If I don’t get a decent player/icon soon I won’t be able to last it out. The grind it just too frustrating.

EvilChuck

Absolutely bottled it this weekend. Shouldnt play such long sessions but have to play around work and family, but went from 10-3 to 13-7.

This included a game where I was 7-2 up and my opponent went AFK, so I did the same, turned my controller over so the sticks were moving my players still and left the room, come back to find one of our cats sitting where the controller was and the controller on the floor and I'd been kicked for inactivity.

Red picks were shite, and best player I packed was Harry Kane.

HL Koulibaly in defense was a cheat code, and CL Vidal was like having Kante. Also loving Orsolini at CAM, and IF Lautaro at striker also played amazing for me

AaronRedDevil

Got Foden and Forster. Got 45 points from WL. The best I've ever done. Normally it's about 4 to 6 wins. I've horrible luck with them. WL is so brutal.

2 man midfield

Sick of playing Fekir, Nkunku, Benzema and their mates every pissing game.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
So I've got a pretty standard PL dominated team:

Alisson, Walker, VVD, Varane, Robertson, Raphinha (84 IF), Pogba, KDB, Son, Haaland, Lukaku

50 points and the first time I managed a full quota of games (2 kids...Inc a 2 month old, impossible challenge).

Red cards I got Schmeichel, Pau Torres and can't remember the 3rd.

Got a TOTW pack which gave me Pique, Douglas and a players whose name is fully gone from my mind.

Then packed a few standard cards like Dybala, Haaland and Bonucci.

So even with the best part of 40 games this week, my team has barely improved. I have zero pack luck and will be stuck with this team forever :lol:

Sick to death of IF Vini, Nkunku, George Best, Puskas and that bastard Coutinho card. That was a hard graft winning only around half the games!

2 man midfield

47 points in my first weekend league this FIFA. No idea how many wins or losses, it doesn’t seem to tell you. Are you meant to just keep a mental note?

Got 92 Kante and 87 Foden out of the packs though. Well happy with that.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
47 points in my first weekend league this FIFA. No idea how many wins or losses, it doesn’t seem to tell you. Are you meant to just keep a mental note?

Got 92 Kante and 87 Foden out of the packs though. Well happy with that.
If you played all matches that boils down to 9 wins. No match ends in a draw so it's an easy math problem or trial and error. 4 points for a win, 1 point for a loss.

I had 71 points and packed absolutely nothing.

2 man midfield

If you played all matches that boils down to 9 wins. No match ends in a draw so it's an easy math problem or trial and error. 4 points for a win, 1 point for a loss.

I had 71 points and packed absolutely nothing.
Ah I see, thanks for that. Quite happy with 9 wins tbf.

That’s where it sucks though. 71 points and you get less than someone with 47. Where’s the incentive to do well?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Ah I see, thanks for that. Quite happy with 9 wins tbf.

That’s where it sucks though. 71 points and you get less than someone with 47. Where’s the incentive to do well?
It's decent! Congrats.

I think my own ego, I like to think I am able to compete with some of the pro's, whilst playing with worse teams.

However I did get more coins, 9 TOTW players I think in total which is like 100k.

But the one time I finished rank 3 in the previous setting, I got red Kante, it is so flawed this system.

AaronRedDevil

Right now I’ve got a 352PL team going.

Allison
Diop-Van Dijk-Varane
Salah-Kante-Oneyka-Rashford
Fernandes
Daka-Ronaldo

This might be the best team I’ve ever had. Nothing comes close. Thinking about buying Vidic to replace Diop because I’ve no one I want to buy. But I’d love a legend like vidic in my team.

Also my serie A team is
Szczesny
De light-Chiellini-Skriniar
Chiesa-Tonali-Locatelli-Anderson
Messias
Arnautovic-Immobile

2 man midfield

It's decent! Congrats.

I think my own ego, I like to think I am able to compete with some of the pro's, whilst playing with worse teams.

However I did get more coins, 9 TOTW players I think in total which is like 100k.

But the one time I finished rank 3 in the previous setting, I got red Kante, it is so flawed this system.
so you went 17-3 then? That’s definitely pro level I’d say, bloody hell :lol: My mate is shit hot at Fifa and he went 15-5, it takes some doing.

I guess packs have to be totally random but it’s got to be so shit to put all that effort in and get a load of discard value cards at the end of it. I guess I’ll find out next week :lol:

RonaldoVII

May have played my last Champs this weekend. Bored of facing the same Benzema/French/Ligue1 hybrids with 6/7 of the same players every game. Can't fault players when so many new releases fit that meta to encourage buying Fifa points. I've still got my all gold Prem team and can get 11 wins but it just isn't fun and don't want to be spending 500k+ to upgrade players despite having 2m coins. Will finish icon swaps and probably end it there.

2 man midfield

Right now I’ve got a 352PL team going.

Allison
Diop-Van Dijk-Varane
Salah-Kante-Oneyka-Rashford
Fernandes
Daka-Ronaldo

This might be the best team I’ve ever had. Nothing comes close. Thinking about buying Vidic to replace Diop because I’ve no one I want to buy. But I’d love a legend like vidic in my team.

Also my serie A team is
Szczesny
De light-Chiellini-Skriniar
Chiesa-Tonali-Locatelli-Anderson
Messias
Arnautovic-Immobile
How are you finding Daka? I tried him up top with Pelé in a 4222 and found Daka to be a more consistent finisher somehow. I’ve moved Pelé to CAM and gone back to my original 433.

He does miss some sitters though, but that’s probably just me.

2 man midfield

May have played my last Champs this weekend. Bored of facing the same Benzema/French/Ligue1 hybrids with 6/7 of the same players every game. Can't fault players when so many new releases fit that meta to encourage buying Fifa points. I've still got my all gold Prem team and can get 11 wins but it just isn't fun and don't want to be spending 500k+ to upgrade players despite having 2m coins. Will finish icon swaps and probably end it there.
Tell me about it. Kimpembe, Nkunku, Aouar, Benzema, Laborde, Allessandrini, Mbappe. I face a team with all of these about 3 games in 5.

AaronRedDevil

How are you finding Daka? I tried him up top with Pelé in a 4222 and found Daka to be a more consistent finisher somehow. I’ve moved Pelé to CAM and gone back to my original 433.

He does miss some sitters though, but that’s probably just me.
He’s pretty good for me at the moment. Great pace and his shooting is solid. But the Ronaldo card still seems better. Even though he’s slower then Daka, Ronaldo is always able to get into a better position when running. Ron scores way more for me. I had Auba but Daka was way better. Auba was lacklustre up front. I like him.

2 man midfield

Pretty much! Don't forget Fekir! He's still scoring first time from weird angles outside the box with his week foot.
Oh god how could I forget Fekir, he’s probably the worst of the lot. I swear they all have the same stats too, 86 pace, 86 shooting, 86 passing. It’s like playing a team of clones.
He’s pretty good for me at the moment. Great pace and his shooting is solid. But the Ronaldo card still seems better. Even though he’s slower then Daka, Ronaldo is always able to get into a better position when running. Ron scores way more for me. I had Auba but Daka was way better. Auba was lacklustre up front. I like him.
Yeah agreed, I did the same in upgrading from Aubameyang to Daka and the difference is night and day. Auba was actually pretty poor in front of goal I thought.
And Petit. Always fecking him. Wish I did Lagends swap but didn’t bother because it was way to Grindy.
Same, I got to 5 tokens and just did the 25 x 83+ pack. Couldn’t imagine grinding for like 17 of them.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
so you went 17-3 then? That’s definitely pro level I’d say, bloody hell :lol: My mate is shit hot at Fifa and he went 15-5, it takes some doing.

I guess packs have to be totally random but it’s got to be so shit to put all that effort in and get a load of discard value cards at the end of it. I guess I’ll find out next week :lol:
Yes, one of my better weekends. Think I had 18-2 once, but I was able to spread out the WL nicely over the entire weekend, I need such things to be able to perform like this. And I use quite horrible tactics to play against. I think my average is around 15-16 wins but my new tactics have pushed me to the next level.

There are posters with much better records, I don't remember his @username but he gets 20-0 with one beer in his left hand. I hope to somewhat approach that level at some point.

I am not exactly proud of these tactics, but at the same time what the best players keep doing, is spanking elastico's and mcgeady spins, greentime finishing. Which aren't exactly skills that show how good you are, but rather how much time you have spent learning the cracks of the game.

Also the Vinicius Jr. cards this year are unstoppable. Eusebio, Cruyff, and Vinicius JR, are impossible to defend.

Last edited:

Frank White

Apparently theres a Serie A showdown SBC this week, Muriel and Darmian. Muriel would be great as a ST or CAM
Yeah Muriel would be decent. Also supposedly a good day content wise todays, icon swaps pt2, Seedorf and Torres and mid icon pack again.

Frank White

Gone back to Sule and POTM Davies, forgot how good both are. Looking back on it he was really good value and means i can use Sow and Zakaria.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Made a million coins in about 2 weeks, just opening bronze packs. Problem is, I lost motivation for the game. I realised I should be putting that effort into making real fecking money.

TrustInJanuzaj

Made a million coins in about 2 weeks, just opening bronze packs. Problem is, I lost motivation for the game. I realised I should be putting that effort into making real fecking money.
How are you managing that so fast? I tried it and it’s a real grind.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
How are you managing that so fast? I tried it and it’s a real grind.
Dedication bordering on obsession. Any bit of free time I get, I whip out the companion app and start opening and listing bronze players. Pack luck obviously playing a part. I got WW Collins in a pack which I sold for 50K. Though that’s really an exception.
I had about 3000 bronze players recently which I listed between 200 and 5000 coins and most of them sold. So if you keep at it, you will make coins.

Meller

Should I do the mid icon pack or just wait for better SBCs? Torn! Will cost me a bit as I don't have that much fodder.

2 man midfield

I really want prime Van Nistelrooy - anyone tried him? There has to be a reason he’s so cheap.

TrustInJanuzaj

Dedication bordering on obsession. Any bit of free time I get, I whip out the companion app and start opening and listing bronze players. Pack luck obviously playing a part. I got WW Collins in a pack which I sold for 50K. Though that’s really an exception.
I had about 3000 bronze players recently which I listed between 200 and 5000 coins and most of them sold. So if you keep at it, you will make coins.
So do you change the buy now to reflect whats lowest on the market or literally just always put them 200 start and buy now 5000?