Gaming FIFA 22

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So do you change the buy now to reflect whats lowest on the market or literally just always put them 200 start and buy now 5000?
I usually put them price 50 to 100 coins below the lowest buy now price. Just in order to sell quickly. Don’t get me wrong, there are absolute slug fest some days where I’m barely making 40k a day.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What does meta mean again?
Meta in a gaming context means the generally agreed-upon optimal strategy. For the past couple of years in FIFA, this usually means short attackers with high dribbling and strong weak foots so as to allow for quick changes of direction and snap shots. RVN doesn't really fit this because he's quite tall and clunky with a mediocre weak foot and skills. If the meta from FIFA 16 came back where heading was much more effective, RVN would be priced accordingly.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Dedication bordering on obsession. Any bit of free time I get, I whip out the companion app and start opening and listing bronze players. Pack luck obviously playing a part. I got WW Collins in a pack which I sold for 50K. Though that’s really an exception.
I had about 3000 bronze players recently which I listed between 200 and 5000 coins and most of them sold. So if you keep at it, you will make coins.
Which bronze pack?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Meta in a gaming context means the generally agreed-upon optimal strategy. For the past couple of years in FIFA, this usually means short attackers with high dribbling and strong weak foots so as to allow for quick changes of direction and snap shots. RVN doesn't really fit this because he's quite tall and clunky with a mediocre weak foot and skills. If the meta from FIFA 16 came back where heading was much more effective, RVN would be priced accordingly.
Ah I see, thanks for that. I found Haaland quite clunky but enjoyed using him. But that must explain why he was quite cheap as well then - players like him aren’t in demand as much.

I think I’ll give Ruud a go anyway. I don’t cross that often but when I do I never really win the aerial battles, would be nice to have a bit of a presence in the box again. Plus the nostalgia factor might have something to do with it :lol:

FrantikChicken

I have to say I'm enjoying this one soooo much more than 21. Pace being not nearly as important means I can use players that were basically useless in the last FIFA. I'm in division 5 and just having fun with it. I've got some players in my squad that are definitely not meta but it's fun and that's what matters.

Ter Stegen
Cancelo Puyol Pique Mendy
Casemiro
Thomas Modric
Scholes
Lukaku Aubameyang

I'm gonna then either get Ferdinand from swaps or gamble on a mid icon pack, haven't decided yet. Any thoughts on this?

Otherwise saving up for a Stoichkov and that's about it!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What’s everyone thinking for icon swaps? I’m leaning towards the 89+ mid icon but I just know I’ll end up with someone crap anyway. I think the likleyhood is ill end up with all of the icon swap tokens so I’ll pretty much be able to choose any of the options. What would others suggest?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
so after packing mid pele I decided to do the mid icon pack again out of sheer curiosity and ended up with zanetti.

my pack luck has officially gone, he only sells for 140k but I think I’ll try re-do my team and switch him to play cdm in game.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
What’s everyone thinking for icon swaps? I’m leaning towards the 89+ mid icon but I just know I’ll end up with someone crap anyway. I think the likleyhood is ill end up with all of the icon swap tokens so I’ll pretty much be able to choose any of the options. What would others suggest?
I'm torn between that and playing safe with Zambrotta.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I did the 89+ mid icon upgrade. I got 90 rated Best.

Wouldn’t be too upset, except I already had a fecking 88 Best card. So almost completely and utterly pointless to be honest.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Ah I see, thanks for that. I found Haaland quite clunky but enjoyed using him. But that must explain why he was quite cheap as well then - players like him aren’t in demand as much.

I think I’ll give Ruud a go anyway. I don’t cross that often but when I do I never really win the aerial battles, would be nice to have a bit of a presence in the box again. Plus the nostalgia factor might have something to do with it :lol:
Makes sense! You can definitely build a top-tier off-meta team for less than you'd expect.

Also if you're going to focus on crossing then you might want to give the 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 a go - usually with those formations you have plenty of space wide to bombard the area.

Depends on your team - mid Desailly is one of the best CBs in the game if you can swap him with someone (e.g. headliners Acuna who becomes one of the best midfielders in game, or base Matthaus). I'd probably get him and then the 83+ x25 pack to save for TotY.

The 89+ mid icon isn't great - here's the potential list. Bolded are wins, strikethroughs are crap, normal text is somewhere in between:

GK: Yashin, Casillas, Schmeichel, VdS
DEF: Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, Puyol, Alberto, Cafu, Moore, Cannavaro, Hierro, Blanc
MID: Maradona, Zidane, Matthaus, Baggio, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Bergkamp, Gullit, Xavi, Schweinsteiger, Beckham, Hagi, Riquelme, Ballack, Scholes, Nedved, Lahm, Kaka, Giggs, Socrates, Gerrard
FWD: Pele, R9, Puskas, Garrincha, Eusebio, Cruyff, van Basten, Del Piero, Butragueno, Cantona, Best, Stoichkov, Dalglish, Figo, Rivaldo, van Nistelrooy, Eto'o, Henry, Shearer, Trezeguet, Drogba, Lineker, Sanchez, Rush, Laudrup, Klose, van Persie

By my reckoning that's 16 wins, 29 borderline-unusable players, and 17 who won't light the world on fire.

Meller

If I complete all challenges I'll get 10 picks in total and will be able to do the mid icon pack but my god that is a grind and a half for a potential Inzaghi... Not sure as of yet, seems daunting at the moment.

TrustInJanuzaj

Makes sense! You can definitely build a top-tier off-meta team for less than you'd expect.

Also if you're going to focus on crossing then you might want to give the 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 a go - usually with those formations you have plenty of space wide to bombard the area.

Depends on your team - mid Desailly is one of the best CBs in the game if you can swap him with someone (e.g. headliners Acuna who becomes one of the best midfielders in game, or base Matthaus). I'd probably get him and then the 83+ x25 pack to save for TotY.

The 89+ mid icon isn't great - here's the potential list. Bolded are wins, strikethroughs are crap, normal text is somewhere in between:

GK: Yashin, Casillas, Schmeichel, VdS
DEF: Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, Puyol, Alberto, Cafu, Moore, Cannavaro, Hierro, Blanc
MID: Maradona, Zidane, Matthaus, Baggio, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Bergkamp, Gullit, Xavi, Schweinsteiger, Beckham, Hagi, Riquelme, Ballack, Scholes, Nedved, Lahm, Kaka, Giggs, Socrates, Gerrard
FWD: Pele, R9, Puskas, Garrincha, Eusebio, Cruyff, van Basten, Del Piero, Butragueno, Cantona, Best, Stoichkov, Dalglish, Figo, Rivaldo, van Nistelrooy, Eto'o, Henry, Shearer, Trezeguet, Drogba, Lineker, Sanchez, Rush, Laudrup, Klose, van Persie

By my reckoning that's 16 wins, 29 borderline-unusable players, and 17 who won't light the world on fire.
I think with where my team is at those 29 borderline would mostly be very good for me, even afew or the strikerthroughs would likely be decent for me I think. When I look at it like that there’s probably 15 I wouldn’t want, 15 that are meh and 30ish that I’d be really happy with which doesn’t sound too bad odds wise. That being said I’m convinced I’ll get someone like Klose because my pack luck is just shocking.

Edit: Any reason why you have the keepers as strikethrough. I’d probably be happy with any of them considering I don’t currently have a great keeper.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I think with where my team is at those 29 borderline would mostly be very good for me, even afew or the strikerthroughs would likely be decent for me I think. When I look at it like that there’s probably 15 I wouldn’t want, 15 that are meh and 30ish that I’d be really happy with which doesn’t sound too bad odds wise. That being said I’m convinced I’ll get someone like Klose because my pack luck is just shocking.

Edit: Any reason why you have the keepers as strikethrough. I’d probably be happy with any of them considering I don’t currently have a great keeper.
The keepers are all good for their position but a bit underwhelming - and personally I find that goalkeepers are such a crapshoot most of the time due to the game mechanics that they're not worth spending too much on. I don't think any of them are better than Courtois or Donnarumma personally, and those two both cost less than 35k on the market.

Of the icon keepers Cech seems to be the best and most consistent, followed by Van der Sar. This is probably not a coincidence as those are the two tallest by a distance.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The keepers are all good for their position but a bit underwhelming - and personally I find that goalkeepers are such a crapshoot most of the time due to the game mechanics that they're not worth spending too much on. I don't think any of them are better than Courtois or Donnarumma personally, and those two both cost less than 35k on the market.

Of the icon keepers Cech seems to be the best and most consistent, followed by Van der Sar. This is probably not a coincidence as those are the two tallest by a distance.
I tend to always default back to a standard keeper. I've had both standard Mendy and signature singings Mendy and I really didn't feel that big a difference so I sold the latter to get in headliners James.

On another note I strongly recommend the Ziyech moments SBC to anyone that hasn't done it, he's literally Messi.

2 man midfield

I was going to grind the remaining Icon swaps and do Casillas but I just cba to do 44 squad battles and buy all the silver players that come with it. All the keepers are shite anyway, I’ll just struggle on with Lloris I think.

EvilChuck

I tend to always default back to a standard keeper. I've had both standard Mendy and signature singings Mendy and I really didn't feel that big a difference so I sold the latter to get in headliners James
Theres a reason for this. All keepers have hidden attributes, which you can see on FutBin but not in game. Keepers always get boosts to their face card stats, but the hidden ones never increase.

The attribute you are looking for is 'reactions', and it will never increase from the base card version which is why special keepers never feel any different.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I tend to always default back to a standard keeper. I've had both standard Mendy and signature singings Mendy and I really didn't feel that big a difference so I sold the latter to get in headliners James.

On another note I strongly recommend the Ziyech moments SBC to anyone that hasn't done it, he's literally Messi.
Theres a reason for this. All keepers have hidden attributes, which you can see on FutBin but not in game. Keepers always get boosts to their face card stats, but the hidden ones never increase.

The attribute you are looking for is 'reactions', and it will never increase from the base card version which is why special keepers never feel any different.
Yep exactly - it's also why chem styles for GKs are generally pointless and basic is best 99% of the time. It's nice to have an icon keeper sometimes for ease of squad building, but getting one out of an icon pack is always a disappointment.

Meller

I was going to grind the remaining Icon swaps and do Casillas but I just cba to do 44 squad battles and buy all the silver players that come with it. All the keepers are shite anyway, I’ll just struggle on with Lloris I think.
Thought the same but I had 11 silver championship first owner players so already completed 3/5. Will have to win some games in WL and do the other challenges but should have 10 icon swaps in 2 weeks tops and do the mid pack.

2 man midfield

Thought the same but I had 11 silver championship first owner players so already completed 3/5. Will have to win some games in WL and do the other challenges but should have 10 icon swaps in 2 weeks tops and do the mid pack.
That’s a stroke of luck, I don’t think I have any of anything. Yeah it has to be the mid pack if you can get all 10, I don’t think either Ferdinand or Casillas are worthy of splitting them up.

binary bot
Why do they deliberately tank some icons? Got mid Henry from the mid icon sbc.

dannyrhinos89

I really need to stop doing sbcs

I really want that darmian and muriel but I'm already stacked in my serie A team.

TrustInJanuzaj

Wish I'd taken your advice, got Mid Beckham which is a massive kick in the teeth. All that bloody effort and not even a fun one as I've used him before ffs! At least I can still manage the 83+ players with my final tokens which I'll save for TOTY.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Wish I'd taken your advice, got Mid Beckham which is a massive kick in the teeth. All that bloody effort and not even a fun one as I've used him before ffs! At least I can still manage the 83+ players with my final tokens which I'll save for TOTY.
Ah sorry to hear that mate! That said, Beckham isn't awful if you can move him to a central midfield position - especially if you're using something like a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow (my preference at the moment). Definitely wouldn't use him in attack though.

AaronRedDevil

Does saving the packs actually matter? Like if I save them till the TOTY, there's a difference. The packs aren't already full and prerendered in the packet. Sorry I can't explain what the feck I mean. :lol:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Does saving the packs actually matter? Like if I save them till the TOTY, there's a chance. The packs aren't already full of players that already rendered in the packet. Sorry I can't explain what the feck I mean. :lol:
Yes - the packs will reflect what is available when they are opened. Player picks from FUT Champs, however, are tied to the week you received them.

Hoarding packs for TotY is definitely a strategy - I'm sitting on something like 110 of varying sizes personally.

AaronRedDevil

Yes - the packs will reflect what is available when they are opened. Player picks from FUT Champs, however, are tied to the week you received them.

Hoarding packs for TotY is definitely a strategy - I'm sitting on something like 110 of varying sizes personally.
Huh cool. Never thought to do that till now. Gonna start hoarding some packs quick.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Huh cool. Never thought to do that till now. Gonna start hoarding some packs quick.
A couple months ago they had a repeatable SBC that guaranteed a rare gold player with 82+ passing - there are 76 base cards that meet that criteria but every TotY player should. I've got ~30 or so that I've saved since then - will report the results!

AaronRedDevil

A couple months ago they had a repeatable SBC that guaranteed a rare gold player with 82+ passing - there are 76 base cards that meet that criteria but every TotY player should. I've got ~30 or so that I've saved since then - will report the results!
Nice one. Good luck.

dannyrhinos89

:lol: I did both. I was not expecting the Darmian to be that good. If he gets the boost to 89 rated he must be close to endgame

I did darmian. Decided against muriel.

My club is full of sbcs I've done but don't even use. I really need to be more careful in picking ones I actually want.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I did darmian. Decided against muriel.

My club is full of sbcs I've done but don't even use. I really need to be more careful in picking ones I actually want.
He looks a mental CB even on 7 chemistry, to be fair. Plus soft link to someone like Donnarumma and/or perfect link to headliners Barella - of the two I think you made the right choice (to say nothing of the likely outcome of the match)!

Meller

With 10 pick swaps, should I do the mid icon pack or the base/mid icon pack and 25 81+?

TrustInJanuzaj

Ah sorry to hear that mate! That said, Beckham isn't awful if you can move him to a central midfield position - especially if you're using something like a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow (my preference at the moment). Definitely wouldn't use him in attack though.
He’s decent In midfield but honestly after the effort taken to get him I can’t even stand to look at him!