Gaming FIFA 22

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He looks a mental CB even on 7 chemistry, to be fair. Plus soft link to someone like Donnarumma and/or perfect link to headliners Barella - of the two I think you made the right choice (to say nothing of the likely outcome of the match)!
Haha that’s actually exactly what I’ve been doing. Donnarumma in goal and linking to barella.

He’s done well so far he feels super quick and his defending is very solid. I think inter are playing well so he will have a better chance at an upgrade.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Haha that’s actually exactly what I’ve been doing. Donnarumma in goal and linking to barella.

He’s done well so far he feels super quick and his defending is very solid. I think inter are playing well so he will have a better chance at an upgrade.
Yep can't argue with any of that! If he goes to 89 he'll be insane - perfect work rates and the 5 star weak foot actually makes pressing him much more difficult, especially with his passing being quite good.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Thinking I might do the 6 swaps and get Casillas. 10 is just too much of a grind.

EvilChuck

I did darmian. Decided against muriel.

My club is full of sbcs I've done but don't even use. I really need to be more careful in picking ones I actually want.
I havent been overly impressed with either thus far tbh, but I am struggling to get a rhythm going in most games. I feel a bit passive in defence unless controlling the defender, and I have been rushing my attacks far too much as well which is making me far too predictable

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Darmian was absolutely perfect for me because I'm running a Serie A backline and I thought IF Cuadrado was awful. If he gets that 89 upgrade then he will be insane, but he's well worth it for the 87 anyway.

Now desperate to get that Pato card, if only because he's such a childhood throwback for me. Shame he doesn't have the 5 star skills but he fits perfectly in my team between Anderson and Neres.

pascell

I did the 89+ mid icon upgrade. I got 90 rated Best.

Wouldn’t be too upset, except I already had a fecking 88 Best card. So almost completely and utterly pointless to be honest.
One of the best (pun intended) cards I've used on fifa, he's so, so agile, great dribbling and can finish from anywhere. He's for sure an upgrade on his 88, also brings a lot of fun to the game, not a lot of players on the game can do that for me.

Meller

Got Bastoni both as a red and in the TOTW pack, also had Oyarzabal in the TOTW pack so all in all pretty decent.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Pato is very good btw, would really recommend if he fits in to your team. Much better than 88 Torres and Benzema for me. Blasted out 17 wins in WL today and was my best player. Left stick dribbling is great and so is his finishing. Only issue is he has a generic face so just looks terrible. Got Marquinhos in my red picks, first decent one all year. Almost bought him on Wednesday but went for Tuanzabe + RB Rudiger and now not sure he displaces either as both are ridiculously good. Think Tuanzabe is my fave defender this year.

TrustInJanuzaj

Pato is very good btw, would really recommend if he fits in to your team. Much better than 88 Torres and Benzema for me. Blasted out 17 wins in WL today and was my best player. Left stick dribbling is great and so is his finishing. Only issue is he has a generic face so just looks terrible. Got Marquinhos in my red picks, first decent one all year. Almost bought him on Wednesday but went for Tuanzabe + RB Rudiger and now not sure he displaces either as both are ridiculously good. Think Tuanzabe is my fave defender this year.
Apparently, Pato is getting his face scan on Tuesday, which is good because his current face is awful. Glad to hear he's fun to use, I'm going to go for him once I get my WL rewards.

Frank White

17 wins is impressive, what's your team? Missed the boat for this weeks WL 0 point in playing if there's nothing in packs to play for. Have added another 7 50k, 13 rare electrum and 4 mega's though, the sbc grind has been real recently.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
17 wins is impressive, what's your team? Missed the boat for this weeks WL 0 point in playing if there's nothing in packs to play for. Have added another 7 50k, 13 rare electrum and 4 mega's though, the sbc grind has been real recently.
Could play it and stack the packs for TOTY next week. (I don't have the willpower for that though).

SS Mendy

HL Cancelo - WW Tuanzabe - RB Rudiger - WW Tierney

Neres - RTTK Fred - POTM Vinicius

WW Hazard

Pato - Baby Pele

Team is decent but last week got 16 with a much worse team, added Mendy, Cancelo, Tuan, Rudiger, Fred and Pato this week. Neres is still my fave card this year, he's insanely clutch and his dribbling is great. Think this is the first year that team doesn't really matter for WL (certainly on Xbox with pros all being PS this year) It's way more chilled and relaxed compared to previous years

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s got a face scan so should be updated soon, or so I seen on Twitter from one of the known leakers.

TrustInJanuzaj

Could play it and stack the packs for TOTY next week. (I don't have the willpower for that though).

SS Mendy

WW Hazard

Pato - Baby Pele

Team is decent but last week got 16 with a much worse team, added Mendy, Cancelo, Tuan, Rudiger, Fred and Pato this week. Neres is still my fave card this year, he's insanely clutch and his dribbling is great. Think this is the first year that team doesn't really matter for WL (certainly on Xbox with pros all being PS this year) It's way more chilled and relaxed compared to previous years
Decent... that team is insane! That's a proper bastard of a team to face with the combination of pace, dribbling and skills.

Frank White

SS Mendy

WW Hazard

Pato - Baby Pele

Lovely stuff and nice team. Wanna try that Hazard have always loved his cards on Fifa.

Probably could have but for the rank I typically get it's not worth the time/effort, will get my 7 wins elite rival rewards and stack them instead and then just do a few leagues. Got 100's of minor league ready to go that i'll probably add about 7/8 rare electrums and a few 45's and 50's.

Also who the hell priced that Gundogan? Nearly 600k for that card is just ridiculous.

dannyrhinos89

Just built 65 81+ attacker packs.

Going to save for toty obviously. Hopefully I get lucky.

TrustInJanuzaj

Think I might have hit my end for UT. I’ve pumped a ridiculous amount of time into it over the last few weeks and built a decent team but I just don’t have the luck to get a truly competitive team. Getting fed up of playing Mbappe + (insert amazing legend) in every single game. The current meta is just abit of a grind and I can’t hide from that anymore in elite division. I’m a good player but not good enough to bridge that gap so 14 wins is best I’ll ever get in WL. Doesn’t help that I’ve pissed 150k down the drain on Pato when I just shouldn’t have.

I’ve saved 100 packs for TOTY so maybe that will be last chance saloon but I know I’ll get no one.

dannyrhinos89

Think I might have hit my end for UT. I’ve pumped a ridiculous amount of time into it over the last few weeks and built a decent team but I just don’t have the luck to get a truly competitive team. Getting fed up of playing Mbappe + (insert amazing legend) in every single game. The current meta is just abit of a grind and I can’t hide from that anymore in elite division. I’m a good player but not good enough to bridge that gap so 14 wins is best I’ll ever get in WL. Doesn’t help that I’ve pissed 150k down the drain on Pato when I just shouldn’t have.

I’ve saved 100 packs for TOTY so maybe that will be last chance saloon but I know I’ll get no one.
it’s pretty common as fifa players to feel this way. I think we all go through it at times, my advice is don’t touch the game till toty for your packs.

I have to say though having amazing legend isn’t all it’s cracked up to be ever since I packed mid pele I’ve noticed people go ultra try hard against me which makes the game less enjoyable Considering I’m a division 1 player. I took him out of my team and people were way more chilled But I guess that’s how it is.

TrustInJanuzaj

it’s pretty common as fifa players to feel this way. I think we all go through it at times, my advice is don’t touch the game till toty for your packs.

I have to say though having amazing legend isn’t all it’s cracked up to be ever since I packed mid pele I’ve noticed people go ultra try hard against me which makes the game less enjoyable Considering I’m a division 1 player. I took him out of my team and people were way more chilled But I guess that’s how it is.
Yeh pretty sound advice. Shame I just get tempted to keep playing which does me no favours.

Yeh I can believe that but we are also at the stage of the game where nearly every team I play has a combination of Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, Vicinious plus a couple of top tier icons on top of that. It’s so difficult to stop that with an average/decent team. Anyway I should take your first advice!

EvilChuck

Theres a patch on console next week that supposedly fixes a lot of the issues in the game. Corner glitch is gone, driven passes are nerfed, left stick dribbling is nerfed and the competitve master switch (i think thats what its called) is gone which basically means auto defend is a thing of the past - the way to know someone is using the AI to auto defend rather than them defending is when you are running down the wing and go to cut inside. Manual defenders will generally take an extra couple of steps in the direction they were jockeying, whereas auto defending stops them dead.

I imagine there is going to be a lot of crying from players in elite who come unstuck by this

AaronRedDevil

Theres a patch on console next week that supposedly fixes a lot of the issues in the game. Corner glitch is gone, driven passes are nerfed, left stick dribbling is nerfed and the competitve master switch (i think thats what its called) is gone which basically means auto defend is a thing of the past - the way to know someone is using the AI to auto defend rather than them defending is when you are running down the wing and go to cut inside. Manual defenders will generally take an extra couple of steps in the direction they were jockeying, whereas auto defending stops them dead.

I imagine there is going to be a lot of crying from players in elite who come unstuck by this
They also need to fix the defense running a mile ahead to keep the last attacker onside. Also the whole defense camping right next to the keeper making it easy for a pass to go to a striker and giving him a clear shot 5 feet in front of the goal.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
10-5. Need one win for decent rewards. Lose my last 5 :lol:

Players felt like they weren’t running. Couldn’t control simple passes, couldn’t keep the ball. Can’t be arsed.

EvilChuck

Finished on 13 wins again. Overplayed yesterday when i was hungover and left myself needing to go 6-1 today.

Still had my best results rewards wise. 87 Bastoni and SMS and an 84 in my red picks, 4 TOTWs from the 125k pack and SMS from the TOTW pack, altogether about 130ks worth of rewards, and started to restock the fodder for SBCs.

Seriously regret doing the Muriel SBC though. He is toilet for me, and I had to go back to Lautaro IF

gorky_utd

Finished with 9 wins on pc. Needed 2 wins from 5. 3 disconnect in a row. Gave away last 2 games in horrible connection.
Seriously regret doing the Muriel SBC though. He is toilet for me, and I had to go back to Lautaro IF
I did him and tried to replace di natale with him as I thought toty might crash his price. Even on pc, Muriel is horrible. I had to sub him off as early as 30 mins into every match. Have bought di natale back now. Muriel is horrible in front of goal.
Game doesn't feel any better. Auto interceptions are back.
Conceded a 89th min equaliser and then ET goal against me to bottle 14 wins :(
:mad:

Meller

When do they release TOTY? I have nothing left in my club after all the SBCs so wanna open some packs!

EvilChuck

I did him and tried to replace di natale with him as I thought toty might crash his price. Even on pc, Muriel is horrible. I had to sub him off as early as 30 mins into every match. Have bought di natale back now. Muriel is horrible in front of goal.
Its so weird, I have a positive gpg ratio with him, but he just feels clunky. I'll try him again now he has the +1 and see what difference that makes (if any).

If not, I still have 25k Lautaro, and 25k SBC Orsolini tearing it up

MiceOnMeth

Anyone else play career mode ?
I'd love to but career mode has been wank for years. It could be a brilliant mode but it doesn't bring in the money so they just give it to the interns to make miniscule changes every year and in most cases actually make it worse.

For example the "skinny arms on youth players" bug still hasn't been fixed and it's been an issue for a few years now! Ridiculous.

pascell

Does anyone have any trading tips they'd kindly share? Trying to predict the market is a nightmare.

Don't mind if it's going to take 3-4 days to make a few 100k.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'd love to but career mode has been wank for years. It could be a brilliant mode but it doesn't bring in the money so they just give it to the interns to make miniscule changes every year and in most cases actually make it worse.

For example the "skinny arms on youth players" bug still hasn't been fixed and it's been an issue for a few years now! Ridiculous.
Agreed but you would think even the interns would put a lot more effort into it.

Give me the time and resources and I would revolutionise career mode.

Frank White

Yeah but they normally stagger the release like last year they released attackers 1st, then mids and then the defence iirc. Then they do the 12th man and the full team. They'll probably do something similar this year too, release the most desirable ones 1st everyone opens their saved packs and by time the full team is out no one will have any packs left. Last year i had nearly 200 saved packs and got nothing on the attackers so going to save for the full team this year.

Frank White

Also don't know who's idea it was to put a 2 goal objective in friendlies but hope they stand on some lego. Must have took me 3 hours to get it because people are just quitting out at 1-0. Even resorted to scoring a OG and people where still quitting at 1-1 ffs.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
They also need to fix the defense running a mile ahead to keep the last attacker onside. Also the whole defense camping right next to the keeper making it easy for a pass to go to a striker and giving him a clear shot 5 feet in front of the goal.
What's worse is when they don't guard against the sweaty despite being in a perfect position too.

Yeh pretty sound advice. Shame I just get tempted to keep playing which does me no favours.

Yeh I can believe that but we are also at the stage of the game where nearly every team I play has a combination of Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, Vicinious plus a couple of top tier icons on top of that. It’s so difficult to stop that with an average/decent team. Anyway I should take your first advice!
I got to that point and just decided feck it highest line possible, press after possession loss (constant pressure tanks the team by half time) full backs bombing forward, the two wingers staying forward, two of the three CM's always joining the attack. I invested heavily in Rijkaard and VVD which somewhat stems the bleeding on the counter but it's impossible to stop the spam through balls anyway so if I'm going to get shit housed I'm having some fun in the process and hopefully outscore them.

Also if you haven't maybe try giving two player's (for me the false 9 and one of the CM's) aggressive interceptions and put the rest on cautious, it shouldn't really work in tandem with my style but it actually (to a point) does.