Gaming FIFA 22

Eddy_JukeZ

Why is tots Ronaldo so much when he’s only marginally better than his toty card. Like I mean they are almost identical so should be priced the same right?
I just used him and he feels much better than his TOTY card in game.

Makes no sense to me really, but I have a theory when cards hit certain thresholds of in-game stats, it makes a huge difference.

For example, someone going from 94 acceleration to 95 is a bigger deal than 91 to 94. The thresholds are 85, 90, 95, 99, etc.

But Ronaldo impressed me so much that I'm buying him for qualifiers next month.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
FIFA(the org) might make their own game in-house.

I'd guess they would fail, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried that.
That would never happen. They don't have the staff or skill to pull that off. More likely is they strike up a partnership with another game developer and go from there.

Eddy_JukeZ

Heard that fifa 23 UT could be free to play which would be nice as it's the only game mode i play and would feel less guilty when i inevitably quit the game 2 months in.
I think EA will use the free to play model once they stop using the FIFA name.

Eddy_JukeZ

That would never happen. They don't have the staff or skill to pull that off. More likely is they strike up a partnership with another game developer and go from there.
Wouldn't really surprise me to be honest. I can see them being smug and bold to try it out.

I don't think there's a developer out there that wants to compete with EA's monopoly.

choccy77

I’m confused. If FIFA get a different company to make their games (example 2K), will that new game have original team and player names or will it be like PES?
EA pay for the FIFA branding

They pay clubs / competitions individually via licence

Other game companies would have to get a Licence from clubs and FAs to use any officially names and branding

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Wouldn't really surprise me to be honest. I can see them being smug and bold to try it out.

I don't think there's a developer out there that wants to compete with EA's monopoly.
Plenty of game developers would love a crack at the most successful sports game franchise ever I reckon and it won't be a monopoly anymore. Especially with the world cup coming up a football game based around that tournament would probably do very well. Career mode starting in each continent, going through qualifiers and ending with the main tournament.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Plenty of game developers would love a crack at the most successful sports game franchise ever I reckon and it won't be a monopoly anymore. Especially with the world cup coming up a football game based around that tournament would probably do very well. Career mode starting in each continent, going through qualifiers and ending with the main tournament.
A football game without club representation feels a tad light content wise. The problem with tournament based games is that they are only relevant during the span of the tournament and lose their shine soon after. There is little to no
value in terms of replayability for the average consumer.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
A football game without club representation feels a tad light content wise. The problem with tournament based games is that they are only relevant during the span of the tournament and lose their shine soon after. There is little to no
I agree , but for a developer looking to compete with EA, you won't get a better chance at a trial run.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
FIFA 98 Road to the World Cup was a incredibly replayable.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That game also had league systems though. I’m not sure what FIFA games do currently but the road to World Cup had a lot of depth to it, think they included every nation so the qualifiers were life like.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It was always great fun tapping R1 to two foot lunge at the keeper, or trying to get loads of players sent off so that the match was abandoned. I also miss being able to dive in the penalty box.

The removal of that, as well as getting rid of any celebrations that weren't stupid to watch in 2011/2012, was the downfall of Fifa.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
True but EA have done quite well with their tournament games before and many of them have been more realistic than the main game. I think because they can be a little more experimental knowing people aren't holding it to scrutiny for a whole year. Euro 2008 and World Cup 2010 were especially good.

Of course there's the classic case of Road to World Cup 98 with its indoor mode. Not especially realistic but a whole bag of fun!

Last edited:

predator

Youth NITK
Haven't played much at all lately. Played a few games last weekend but before that haven't played for like 3 weeks. Went online last night and saw I had 3 gold packs as rewards. Opened them and packed tots Davies untradable. Its a shame because I hardly play it anymore and rather someone else use him. I'd give him away for free. Also did the prem tots sbc and got Trent. Going to sell my current full backs (spinazzola) and 93 Cafu and buy prime Vidic or Rio.

Meller

WL rewards are so trash now. Got 11 wins and my 2 picks were Neuer and Frimpong. 84 was my highest rated out of the 2 packs. Don't even know why I bother.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
As it was free on PS Plus I thought i'd download it (on the PS4) and give it a whirl.

God... it's absolutley feckin' shite.

Meller

As the game is dying I figured I might as well spend some of my coins, and after I packed TOTS Lewa I decided to buy TOTS Kimmich and Gnabry, also did the Isco SBC. My LB now my weakest position and Cruyff and Puskas are now on the bench. Ah well I rarely play these days anyway.

HJ12

As the game is dying I figured I might as well spend some of my coins, and after I packed TOTS Lewa I decided to buy TOTS Kimmich and Gnabry, also did the Isco SBC. My LB now my weakest position and Cruyff and Puskas are now on the bench. Ah well I rarely play these days anyway.
After reading posts like this I've come to the conclusion that I have the worst luck in this game. Over 60 packs saved up for TOTS and I end up with Mitrovic!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Badly need those icon swaps for Roberto Carlos, I just needed a green link to Militao :lol:
Anyone have any ideas where else I should upgrade this? Switch to the second pic ingame

Superunknown

As it was free on PS Plus I thought i'd download it (on the PS4) and give it a whirl.

I did the same. It's proper dog shit. Unfortunately, I started up a manager career, so I've committed now. But, overall, you can just tell that feck all effort has gone into this. There are little bits of laziness and anti-care everywhere. Numerous lines of commentary that are just...wrong. I signed a youth team player and played him for about a dozen games, then got a classic pre-match introduction stating that it was his debut. :lol: Had three matches in a row when the commentators referred to it as the "last game of the season." Won the league with about 8 or so games to spare, and had numerous references about 'the title going right down to the wire.' :lol: There's tons of that throughout.

The gameplay itself is alright, but it still feels the same as the last FIFA I played, which was...2018? Maybe. Maybe 2017. Bar a couple of small changes here and there.

Basically, they focused on Ultimate Team, then gave the rest of the game to the interns. Shit time to be United/football fan, tbh. Can't even cheer ourselves up on FIFA without depressing ourselves. :houllier:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I did the same. Played online this weekend and the lag was ridiculous but only when I got the ball. Is that a known hack? I was through on goal numerous times and the game would pause and then race forward and it would be a corner or goal kick.

Meller

After reading posts like this I've come to the conclusion that I have the worst luck in this game. Over 60 packs saved up for TOTS and I end up with Mitrovic!
It was the Bundesliga TOTS pack. I think the game knows when you play less and give you better pack luck to get you back in. One for the conspiracy thread maybe.

EvilChuck

On 13 wins with 2 games left. Really want the 14 wins this week to get the guaranteed TOTS pack. I am in dire need of coins after rinsing everything during PL TOTS, completely changed the team to a full PL team.

Still in a 433(4)

95 Alisson

88 Mitchell
94 Laporte
95 Ruben Dias
92 TAA

92 Rice
94 Dele Alli

94 Bernardo Silva

95 Son
96 Kane
92 Kulusevski

Best team I have had in any Fifa by far, if I can get the 14 wins and pack someone monstrous in the TOTS pack I can maybe afford the TOTS Cancelo for LB

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It was the Bundesliga TOTS pack. I think the game knows when you play less and give you better pack luck to get you back in. One for the conspiracy thread maybe.
Weighted RNG is definitely a thing in all loot games.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Have to ask, do you not feel a lower sense of reward playing with all these stud cards? Back in my day we'd round up folk who only played with the best teams and chastise them figuratively by automatically disconnecting from the server.

Nowadays it seems to be the norm in sports games.

gorky_utd

Did the fabinho SBC because I had rodrygo already. So far every showdown SBC I have done has ended up in losing side so had to do fabinho at the last moment using all of my fodder :D .

Meller

Just finished PIM Cantona as prime Puskas wasn't doing it for me anymore. Now I just need a better CB than prime Desailly and would also love to get Neymar as a LW but won't be able to afford his TOTS.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Just finished PIM Cantona as prime Puskas wasn't doing it for me anymore. Now I just need a better CB than prime Desailly and would also love to get Neymar as a LW but won't be able to afford his TOTS.
I packed him out of the 92+ moments sbc the other week, he isn't bad but i have ended up dropping him as i prefer Prime Cruyff and PIM Eusebio upfront, and i use wingers which Cantona isn't.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Using in game..

TOTS Alisson
TOTY Hakimi
TOTS Marquinhos
Prime Lahm
TOTS Dante
TOTS Mendes
Flashback Veratti
TOTS Pedri
TOTS Payet
TOTY Messi
TOTS Fati

All on full chem.

Getting 16/17 wins weekly. Want to push for 18. Lahm is the best CB I've ever used in FIFA. Since no one plays based on height, it is all about speed and agility.

Meller

I packed him out of the 92+ moments sbc the other week, he isn't bad but i have ended up dropping him as i prefer Prime Cruyff and PIM Eusebio upfront, and i use wingers which Cantona isn't.
Yeah would like to get a better version of Cruyff but only have the mid and he's too weak. Needed an icon striker for chem reasons and Cantona was the best available one right now.

iammemphis

Yeah would like to get a better version of Cruyff but only have the mid and he's too weak. Needed an icon striker for chem reasons and Cantona was the best available one right now.
To be honest even prime Cruyff is turning into abit of a wimp. He's clinical but i struggle taking on defenders with him sometimes. I'm not the best 5 star skiller. Im on the last check point of div 1 though.

EvilChuck

To be honest even prime Cruyff is turning into abit of a wimp. He's clinical but i struggle taking on defenders with him sometimes. I'm not the best 5 star skiller. Im on the last check point of div 1 though.
My experience of people using Cruyff is just elasticos near the box and wait til it glitches through for an easy 1 on 1 finish

EvilChuck

So when Prem TOTS came, I basically sold my entire club and switched to a full Prem TOTS team despite really enjoying my Serie A side and getting good results with it.

Have done shit in pretty much every WL since and havent enjoyed the team at all, its been very bland and repetitive and I have no affinity to the players.

Finish this WL on 11 wins, and get Dybala and Vlahovic in reds (both whose previous best versions were sold to fund the PL splurge, were 2 of my favourite cards of the year, and are also now the best reds I have had all year).

Taken it as a sign to go back to my Serie A roots, gone liquid again to make this team and start enjoying the game again.

433(4)

GK 89 Sirigu
RB 93 Cuadrado
CB 95 Koulibaly
CB 92 Chiellini
LB 91 Alex Sandro
CM 93 Kessie
CM 94 SMS
CAM 96 Dybala
LW 92 Perisic
RW 96 Berardi
ST 96 Vlahovic

I had 92 Maignan in nets for a few games, but like every other iteration of him he is shit. Had 94 Brozovic before the FB Kessie, but he wasnt as involved as I'd have liked.

Also have absolutely zero fodder left for any sbcs. Could make an 83 squad at best so hopefully I can get some good rewards this week (Rafael Leao would be nice)

iammemphis

Nice team @EvilChuck

I almost quit fifa (for the 17th time this edition) on Saturday night after losing 5 or so games in a row in WL. The servers/gameplay/button lag was the worst i had experienced. Game speed was super slow, Cruyff was falling over during attacks when i wasn't controlling him. Thankfully last night i played my final 6 games, needing 5 wins to get 11 wins and i managed to do it, the gameplay had definitely improved Monday evening.

Did the 93+ icon pack last week, blagged PIM Eusebio. Did icon pick and got Kaka, a tad underwhelming. Got Tonali and Savic red picks.

It also helped adopting a mate's tactics. He uses 4321. (Get behind striker, come back on LF and RF, LCM RCM on cover centre, CM stay back and cover centre, stay back on full backs. Balanced, 40, 60, fast build up, direct passing, 30 width, 3 players in box, corners 1 freekick 1)

Team is as follows:
GK Lafont TOTS
RB Claus Tots red
CB Kounde tots untrade
CB Varane Moments
LB TOTY Cancelo
LCM Fred TOTS red
CM Tonali TOTS red
RCM PIM Kaka
RF Fekir TOTS red
ST PIM Eusebio
LF Prime Cruyff

PIM Cantona, Fati, Prime Best, POTM Ronaldo 94 and Fofana.

Can't decide whether to start Cantona, who feels sluggish at times, instead of Kaka or Fekir. Cruyff has poor stamina so is dead at LF after 60 minutes, but i prefer him wide and Eusebio through the middle.

Last edited: