Gaming FIFA 23

Meller

Also heads up WL is basically golden goal today. Assume people want their rewards for TOTY so you can steam through your games. Managed 11 wins in about 2 hours.
The people I'm playing seem to have already packed all of the TOTYs anyway.

Frank White

Yeah with the corners its more that I don't know how to time headers/jump when defending or attacking, tbh I don't know how to win headers anywhere on the pitch, its the one weakness in my game. I don't know if I have to hold shoot down, tap, time the header just before the ball, when it arrives. it's one of Fifa's great mysteries for me.
As stupid as it sounds the bicycle kick is actually the easy method for aerial attacks. Just hold L2/LT when the ball comes to you.

Frank White

The people I'm playing seem to have already packed all of the TOTYs anyway.
Really? first few game are a toss up normally for me while they establish your elo, normally a mix of wannabe pros and people who don't have hands. After 5 games i'm normally a 4-1 ratio w/l so i get my wins pretty quick.

Meller

Really? first few game are a toss up normally for me while they establish your elo, normally a mix of wannabe pros and people who don't have hands. After 5 games i'm normally a 4-1 ratio w/l so i get my wins pretty quick.
Usually get 9 or 11 wins but started 1-4 today because of my matchups, some unreal teams. 7-7 now and will play the rest over the weekend but it feels like a 9 win weekend.

Frank White

Usually get 9 or 11 wins but started 1-4 today because of my matchups, some unreal teams. 7-7 now and will play the rest over the weekend but it feels like a 9 win weekend.
NGL you probably won't miss much in the rewards the new promo looks shite. Just packed Lucio and Messi out of three runs of the league SBC, chuffed with Lucio but literally just completed Ramos too so my CB list is now WC Blanc (never leaving my team) Lucio, Ramos, and Maldini. Just changed the team up to this, hoping for a Carlos or decent LB and then i'll probably be done:

Frank White

Wait it's actually golden goal?
No but there was very little resistance this afternoon when i was playing had about 4/5 quit 1-0 down and had 2 people gift wins. Maybe i got lucky but i think everyone was rushing through the games to try and open them for TOTY.

AaronRedDevil

No but there was very little resistance this afternoon when i was playing had about 4/5 quit 1-0 down and had 2 people gift wins. Maybe i got lucky but i think everyone was rushing through the games to try and open them for TOTY.
oh Nice one. I'm waiting for a good totw. The last 2 or 3 has been shite.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
oh Nice one. I'm waiting for a good totw. The last 2 or 3 has been shite.
Packed Zambrotta last night from the repeatable icon SBC so now have a full icon team with the exception of Pogba. Pack luck went from abysmal to ridiculously good but I feel I might have peaked too soon now. Just a waiting game for TOTS now really.

Ted Lasso

NGL you probably won't miss much in the rewards the new promo looks shite. Just packed Lucio and Messi out of three runs of the league SBC, chuffed with Lucio but literally just completed Ramos too so my CB list is now WC Blanc (never leaving my team) Lucio, Ramos, and Maldini. Just changed the team up to this, hoping for a Carlos or decent LB and then i'll probably be done:

That looks glorious. Agree you need a LWB that could provide decent service. Theo Hernandez should get you decent chemistry no? His IF still holds up if you can work your way up to the WC or TOTY you're set

Frank White

That looks glorious. Agree you need a LWB that could provide decent service. Theo Hernandez should get you decent chemistry no? His IF still holds up if you can work your way up to the WC or TOTY you're set
Broke as joke right now but he'd be the end game. Team plays well but like you say nothing from the left in terms of going forward. Have been trying a 3 atb formation with Ramos going into the midfield and Lothar LM works decently but feels like I'm missing something.

Frank White

That new SBC for a token and a btec 50k pack is pretty good. With the amount of non rares you get and the amount of future stars that started as non rare could be pretty good for a one league team 80 rated.

Got Kalulu myself to add the CB list, wish that Wanderson was on the left would have been a good option but the hunt goes on.

AaronRedDevil

Just finished the Future stars token in sqaud builder and I fecking accidentally quick sold him. I'm so annoyed right now. The L2 button is very loose on my controller. Feck my life :lol:

acnumber9

Just finished the Future stars token in sqaud builder and I fecking accidentally quick sold him. I'm so annoyed right now. The L2 button is very loose on my controller. Feck my life :lol:
Use quick sell recovery on the app.

AaronRedDevil

Use quick sell recovery on the app.
How the hell did I not know about this. I got back him and Arnold 88 i discarded earlier after using the other from an sbc. The amount of fecking highest 88-85 rated players ive discarded. Dammit. Some reason I can't renew anyone on the 31st or earlier. Is it just with each month so? 88 kroos down the drain. Oh well least now I know. Wish I knew this sooner. Gah!. Thanks man.

acnumber9

How the hell did I not know about this. I got back him and Arnold 88 i discarded earlier after using the other from an sbc. The amount of fecking highest 88-85 rated players ive discarded. Dammit. Some reason I can't renew anyone on the 31st or earlier. Is it just with each month so? 88 kroos down the drain. Oh well least now I know. Wish I knew this sooner. Gah!. Thanks man.
It only stores them for about 5 or 6 days and you only get 5 recoveries a month. Comes in handy sometimes though.

Meller

11 wins, got Hoffmann 88 from the Totw pack other than that my highest pull was an 84 Rice. Still, champs is the most casual game mode at the moment.

AaronRedDevil

Is there any SBC worth doing at the moment? Have a primarily PL team with come icons. Did Rashford yesterday for a good super sub. Rooney 2 weeks ago. He’s great.

Frank White

Is there any SBC worth doing at the moment? Have a primarily PL team with come icons. Did Rashford yesterday for a good super sub. Rooney 2 weeks ago. He’s great.
What's your team like? The two obvious ones are Richarlison and Jorginho, Richarlison especially looks nice. Good traits, 4/5 skills, weak foot he's pretty expensive but with the fodder packs we get from swaps should make him affordable.

Personally would wait for what they bring out tonight before committing to either one, we're hopefully due a icon or a gamble sbc.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm working on Rashford and then getting all the swap tokens that come up to get mid Best

Frank White

@AaronRedDevil just remembered Walcott flashback is supposedly coming soon so could be another decent option if they give him some nice upgrades.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I installed the game yesterday after quitting for a few months and the game bumped me back to div 7, yet I'm basically only playing teams worth several millions worth of coins. Is that simply normal at this stage of the yearly cycle?

Considering I only played causally before, didn't bother at all with the weekend league, I guess my team is okay. Packing Lucio, Navas and Marquinhos of course helped. And of course the opponents are mostly god aweful, no matter how expensive their teams are, but it's so stressfull and it doesn't feel particularly great to have to defend Icon players with Gosens or try to win the midfield battle with Tonali. :lol:

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
I installed the game yesterday after quitting for a few months and the game bumped me back to div 7, yet I'm basically only playing teams worth several millions worth of coins. Is that simply normal at this stage of the yearly cycle?

Considering I only played causally before, didn't bother at all with the weekend league, I guess my team is okay. Packing Lucio, Navas and Marquinhos of course helped. And of course the opponents are mostly god aweful, no matter how expensive their teams are, but it's so stressfull and it doesn't feel particularly great to have to defend Icon players with Gosens or try to win the midfield battle with Tonali. :lol:

Nobody is actively trying to get promoted this year. With things like swaps etc. it’s much easier to sit in Div 7 with your elite team and murder all the part timers. The amount of all prime icon teams I’ve come across is staggering. I swing from winning 5-0 to an absolute battering

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I have been riding the longest wave of fifa pack luck ive ever had. When the midfielders were released i packed TOTY Modric. A few days later i packed TOTY Makelele. A week later im doing the Ramos SBC and i unbelievably pack tradeable Prime Vieira, worth 2mill coins! I sold him to improve my defence, paying 1.9m for WC Lucio. After a few games i thought id try the new Vidic card, but i thought to myself "hold Lucio while you do the 'Hero's 88+ pick' sbc incase the dupe theory kicks in"..... and lo and behold he's the second option out of it! So now i have 2m to spend once again! Mental. Ive bought the TOTY Zanetti to try out now as he's supposedly good.

Frank White

I have been riding the longest wave of fifa pack luck ive ever had. When the midfielders were released i packed TOTY Modric. A few days later i packed TOTY Makelele. A week later im doing the Ramos SBC and i unbelievably pack tradeable Prime Vieira, worth 2mill coins! I sold him to improve my defence, paying 1.9m for WC Lucio. After a few games i thought id try the new Vidic card, but i thought to myself "hold Lucio while you do the 'Hero's 88+ pick' sbc incase the dupe theory kicks in"..... and lo and behold he's the second option out of it! So now i have 2m to spend once again! Mental. Ive bought the TOTY Zanetti to try out now as he's supposedly good.
That's actually ridiculous. Need some of that tradeable luck, my untradeables are stupid but honestly don't think iv'e packed a 150k+ on this account and i have opened soooooo many.

Looking at the market everything seems to be going up because looks like this year EA seem to be trying to tame the power curve. Every new promo has 2-3 elite cards to sell the packs and the rest similar to what's available or worse, I see why they're doing it but as someone who's got a good team it's literally impossible to "upgrade" saying that, that Tavares will be very much appreciated. Also highly recommend Ramos genuienly might be the best CB (not named Blanc) i have tried, he's so quick, turns quick, passing great and he's literally everywhere when played in midfield. 10/10 sbc.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Nobody is actively trying to get promoted this year. With things like swaps etc. it’s much easier to sit in Div 7 with your elite team and murder all the part timers. The amount of all prime icon teams I’ve come across is staggering. I swing from winning 5-0 to an absolute battering
I guess that makes sense. Though I still find it hard to believe that basically every single player is that rich. Where are the casuals.. have they all quit?

Frank White

I guess that makes sense. Though I still find it hard to believe that basically every single player is that rich. Where are the casuals.. have they all quit?
TBF you've missed months of free fodder. To EA's credit i personally think this might be the easiest year to get a god squad. You've got a good base there with WC Lucio and IF Marquinhos, Hakimi is solid even as a gold any GK would suffice they're all iffy. If you have the time or desire you could get some tokens now for the 84x20? More than likely guaranteed a upgrade or two, if not you'll have some decent fodder for a icon or hero pick.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
TBF you've missed months of free fodder. To EA's credit i personally think this might be the easiest year to get a god squad. You've got a good base there with WC Lucio and IF Marquinhos, Hakimi is solid even as a gold any GK would suffice they're all iffy. If you have the time or desire you could get some tokens now for the 84x20? More than likely guaranteed a upgrade or two, if not you'll have some decent fodder for a icon or hero pick.
That sounds like decent advice, but I don't think I have the motivation to invest significant amounts of time or money in the game, especially not this late into the season. To be honest I think I'm playing better with worse players anyway. Whenever my team gets too good my playstyle tends to get worse.

Frank White

That sounds like decent advice, but I don't think I have the motivation to invest significant amounts of time or money in the game, especially not this late into the season. To be honest I think I'm playing better with worse players anyway. Whenever my team gets too good my playstyle tends to get worse.
Yep personally wouldn't recommend it either, the time/reward isn't worth it overall but even doing the sbc that are there will get you quite a few tokens. 5 tokens gets you a guaranteed future stars player and a 81x11 pack along with all the rewards from the sbc. One of them is a 50k too.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Happy with my team apart from Cordoba at CB, think he needs replacing. Have around 400k currently - any suggestions?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just 3 more tokens and I'll have Best for my right wing :drool: Got Kalulu in my 85+ player pick, so have him and Van Dijk as my CBs (and Ledley King). Happy with that. Fullbacks are very meh. Just using gold Mendy and Walker, debating on spunking it all on Cafu, or saving up another 100k or so and then getting 2 of Zanetti, Lahm and Zambrotta as the FBs.

Meller

Did the hero player pick SBC as I was hoping for WC Park or WC Forlan for my United past and present that still is nonexistent because of lack of SBCs. Pulled hero Lucio so my team is pretty stacked now but would love some icon SBCs like Blanc, Rio or even Beckham as I want to start using a United team.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
How can it be that you're against somebody in FUT Champs, you're clean through, they take you out and get a red card and then quit at 0-0 and you don't get the win?! Infuriating

Frank White

How can it be that you're against somebody in FUT Champs, you're clean through, they take you out and get a red card and then quit at 0-0 and you don't get the win?! Infuriating
Arguably the scummiest thing in the game atm. Champs should be a automatic win if you're oppo quits imo, would stop the people who pass back to their keeper and dribble it around the post for a corner and then quit too.

Match making was class for me today got to 10-1 was only going to play to 6 wins was limited with time but managed 11-4. Got Ronaldo from the player pick and Tammy x2 in the TOTW pack and red pick along with a FS card. Hoping for a big SBC soon or I'm starting the Mbappe SBC out of boredom.

Frank White

Happy with my team apart from Cordoba at CB, think he needs replacing. Have around 400k currently - any suggestions?
WC Blanc is the best CB iv'e used he's about 400k would be your whole budget but he's worth it. Are you decent at SBC's? Ramos is class too but pretty expensive. Not used him but heard really good things about WC Moore too, has all the right attributes and he's alot cheaper then the other two.