Gaming FIFA 23

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Genuinely hate to be that guy but in the space of three weeks i have packed untradeable TOTY Modric and TOTY Makelele, untradeable World Cup Lucio, Tradeable prime Vieira netting me 1.9mill coins, and then last night i got Prime Gullit worth 5.6mill coins in the 89+ icon SBC!

ts been one after the other! Unbelievable luck. Means i have benched WC Al-Owairan and mid Zidane, who most people would be buzzing to have, and i bought PTG Papu Gomez because he's unbelievable and why not. :lol:

AaronRedDevil

Genuinely hate to be that guy but in the space of three weeks i have packed untradeable TOTY Modric and TOTY Makelele, untradeable World Cup Lucio, Tradeable prime Vieira netting me 1.9mill coins, and then last night i got Prime Gullit worth 5.6mill coins in the 89+ icon SBC!

ts been one after the other! Unbelievable luck. Means i have benched WC Al-Owairan and mid Zidane, who most people would be buzzing to have, and i bought PTG Papu Gomez because he's unbelievable and why not. :lol:
Wow some luck. I spent my last 3 tokens on the Future Stars Team 1 player pack and got Kalulu. An untrabeable I already have….

Meller

Finally made my United PaP team! No coins left as I opted for mid Cantona. Couldn't afford Malacia either but will use this team and try to upgrade it for the remainder of the game cycle. Bench is pretty crap, got mid Schweinsteiger, hero Solskjaer, FB Phil Jones and that's pretty much it.

Switching Pogba and Park, Cantona and Rooney in game.

Todd

I finally began my career mode with United yesterday...things were going swimmingly, I had won the pre-season tournament tournament I was in, won my first three league matches, and I'd been successful in offloading Jones and van de Beek for decent fees...well, somehow, I guess because I wasn't paying enough attention to EVERY single email I got, I missed that Leicester City had agreed to pay me Bruno's release clause of 118 million and that if I didn't want to lose him I'd damn well better go negotiate a new contract with him...well, I didn't realize what was happening until I got the email that he had agreed terms with Leicester and he was gone.

So, shite. Thinking about starting over now and immediately renegotiating with any player who has a release clause to remove it.

Jacob

It's on sale in ps store for 23 quid. Worth getting?

PS. I don't care for FUT.

Frank White

Must not do the 89+ prime icon SBC ....again...:annoyed:
Do it, do it. Just done it and got WC Eto looks class and 5wf is big for me. Need 11 teams for the Nuno card and after some decent packs back I'm some how up to 600k from 400k and a load of high rated fodder. Initially thought the sbc was daunting but it's actually been pretty good.

Ted Lasso

Do it, do it. Just done it and got WC Eto looks class and 5wf is big for me. Need 11 teams for the Nuno card and after some decent packs back I'm some how up to 600k from 400k and a load of high rated fodder. Initially thought the sbc was daunting but it's actually been pretty good.
Haha you convinced me. Did it and got WC Casillas. Guess that's my GK moving forward. Better than the first one I did, which was Trezeguet

Todd

It's on sale in ps store for 23 quid. Worth getting?

PS. I don't care for FUT.
I've never used the FIFA games for anything other than career mode, and I'm pretty disappointed with FIFA23. The gameplay has all the same issues it has always had and it seems as if the AI has become ever dumber than ever. I gave up on my career mode a few days ago because I just didn't have the patience for all the nonsense anymore.

Doracle

I've never used the FIFA games for anything other than career mode, and I'm pretty disappointed with FIFA23. The gameplay has all the same issues it has always had and it seems as if the AI has become ever dumber than ever. I gave up on my career mode a few days ago because I just didn't have the patience for all the nonsense anymore.
I’m quite enjoying career mode, having found the last few to be really poor. It’s still too easy to buy players (although I’ve put my own restriction in that I can’t buy from a big 7 team) and I probably should have gone for a stricter budget but, taking into account how strong my team is, the matches feel reasonably realistic. Foden at City and Kane at Spurs cause me all sorts of problems every time I play them.

Frank White

Don't think i can ever complain again about pack luck was doing the league SBC for Nuno got to the last squad and out pops this guy from the ligue 1 section:

AaronRedDevil

Got 8 wins for the first time ever in WL, level 5. Normally I struggle for 6. Freaking stoked. Got Messi, Thiago Silva and Bruno in packs. Pretty good bank made on that one. Have 770k coins and no idea what to spend it on:lol:

Ted Lasso

Don't think i can ever complain again about pack luck was doing the league SBC for Nuno got to the last squad and out pops this guy from the ligue 1 section:
Wow congrats! What a pull...and tradable at that! Will you be keeping him or selling?

I've just rinsed my club completely to finish POTM Mbappe and the two Mid-Icon SBCs. First one gave me Litmannen and Rio..selected Rio and put him straight into the SBC again along w WC Schweinsteiger, Flashback Pogba and WC TOTT Di Maria. Got Van der Sar who fits my team perfectly now. First owner in full. Think my FIFA journey is done for the year. Might play a bit here and there but rather spend the time enjoying Harry Potter and the GOW will be after that.

Frank White

Wow congrats! What a pull...and tradable at that! Will you be keeping him or selling?

I've just rinsed my club completely to finish POTM Mbappe and the two Mid-Icon SBCs. First one gave me Litmannen and Rio..selected Rio and put him straight into the SBC again along w WC Schweinsteiger, Flashback Pogba and WC TOTT Di Maria. Got Van der Sar who fits my team perfectly now. First owner in full. Think my FIFA journey is done for the year. Might play a bit here and there but rather spend the time enjoying Harry Potter and the GOW will be after that.

Sold straight away. Weird thing is since iv'e packed him i have barely touched the game :lol: still do the odd run through of the league sbc but even with the 6+ mil coins i can't really upgrade my team. Also packed RTTF Goretzka and Barrella so slotted them into the team and did Mbappe out of sheer boredom.

Lovely team btw heard bad things about Zizou is he good? looks a solid card but heard nothing but regret from the people who did the sbc.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
just did the Prime 89+ SBC knowing that I have terrible luck with these. But I got a prime Vieira. Still got that VVD card stinking up the place as my only tradable first teamer. But I just never seem to get a decent CB in any packs.

Any SBC I should try and grind for to replace him?

Frank White

just did the Prime 89+ SBC knowing that I have terrible luck with these. But I got a prime Vieira. Still got that VVD card stinking up the place as my only tradable first teamer. But I just never seem to get a decent CB in any packs.

Any SBC I should try and grind for to replace him?

Edit just fully read what you wanted, Vidic is supposedly coming soon so he'll be cheap and a solid CB.

Last edited:

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
87 Shaw looks the obvious one or maybe Guehi? Shaw left footed left CB, high pace, good dribbling, good defending and decent workrates. Only negative is height and Weghorst is coming soon so expect him to be in everyone's team 6'6 giant is going to be cross spam city if he gets the upgrade.
Cheers Frank. I really just want to have that first owner 11 tied down. I've got Smalling, but he loses a bit of Chem. And I have centurions Azpilicueta, but he's just not quite there. The defence was noticeably worse when I tried him for a few games.

I like the idea of 87 CB Shaw. I would try and do the 89+ icon SBC again, but doing it once has emptied my club. Doing it a second time, would bankrupt me.

AaronRedDevil

Edit just fully read what you wanted, Vidic is supposedly coming soon so he'll be cheap and a solid CB.
Vidic is coming as sbc? Sweet. Need more united legends to buy. Have VVD and 87 Alberto whos great. Really need a right back to replace walker. I'd love a Neville icon.

Frank White

Cheers Frank. I really just want to have that first owner 11 tied down. I've got Smalling, but he loses a bit of Chem. And I have centurions Azpilicueta, but he's just not quite there. The defence was noticeably worse when I tried him for a few games.

I like the idea of 87 CB Shaw. I would try and do the 89+ icon SBC again, but doing it once has emptied my club. Doing it a second time, would bankrupt me.
Edited my post because my lack of reading comprehension. Vidic should be coming tonight I assume and he'll be cheap probably.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Cheers. I've got 250k coins and a handful of 88s left so I should be able to afford him.
Edited my post because my lack of reading comprehension. Vidic should be coming tonight I assume and he'll be cheap probably.
not that cheap. I dumped VVD in the last one as a sort of cleansing ceremony. Vidic with a shadow is now in the team

Last edited:

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
do we need Weghorst?

My club is almost completely empty. I can probably do it, but I'm going to need to submit prime Gerrard, mid Baggio, and WC Icon Lineker to meet the requirements

FattyFooty

do we need Weghorst?

My club is almost completely empty. I can probably do it, but I'm going to need to submit prime Gerrard, mid Baggio, and WC Icon Lineker to meet the requirements
If you are good with corners and United fan.

Frank White

do we need Weghorst?

He's good but they've priced him high because of last years card, also United tax. The Elliot card is just ridiculously priced tbh, even with the win that they're not getting he's still stupidly priced.

Used Weghorst in the a few rivals game yesterday and been consistent his dribbling isn't heavy in good gameplay and even then he's always a threat with crosses and corners. Still think he's overpriced but 90 rated tomorrow and plus 2 all around, and he's another United card to add to the collection means he's probably worth it.

Frank White

Also just completed the icon pack and got WC Eusebio. Done x3 of them and got WC Lothar x2 and now Eusebio this year my luck has been crazy but the motivation to actually play now is at a all time low.

Last edited:

Sara125

Was in a pro clubs match with a yank who had his mic turned on the entire time and I swear to God Americans should be banned from making any kind of commentary during ‘soccer’ matches. Ugh.

Ted Lasso

Lovely team btw heard bad things about Zizou is he good? looks a solid card but heard nothing but regret from the people who did the sbc.
For my play style and level, Zizou is absolutely brilliant. I'd go as far as to say he has been my favorite player to use in any of my handful of years playing FUT.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
That new POTM Rashford is ludicrously overpriced.

I wanted him obviously but no way I’m paying that much.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
not enough difference from the 87 card. TBH I've dropped the 87 card to the bench now, and I'm playing John Barnes there
yeah I’ve got the 87 too, I wanted to put the 87 in this but it’s just way too expensive.

Frank White

For my play style and level, Zizou is absolutely brilliant. I'd go as far as to say he has been my favorite player to use in any of my handful of years playing FUT.
That's good, heard mixed reviews about him but played against his prime today in champs and he was gliding.

Finished off my champs games got the obligatory 11 wins and out popped prime Rivaldo from the ultimate pack only 400k but will take that for 2 hours work!

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Probably the best team I’ve ever had over the years but still getting exactly the same wins in champs

Ted Lasso

That's good, heard mixed reviews about him but played against his prime today in champs and he was gliding.

Finished off my champs games got the obligatory 11 wins and out popped prime Rivaldo from the ultimate pack only 400k but will take that for 2 hours work!
You're on quite the streak with these packs!

Probably the best team I’ve ever had over the years but still getting exactly the same wins in champs

That's a very good looking team. How balanced do you find Zidane and Petit as your two CMs? Been tempted to push Zidane back from CAM myself to fit another attacker into my 433

Carlsen19

That's a very good looking team. How balanced do you find Zidane and Petit as your two CMs? Been tempted to push Zidane back from CAM myself to fit another attacker into my 433
He’s so much better as a CAM but shifted him back to try and fit everyone in. Doesn’t do anything for me as a CDM really, tempted to sack off Eusebio and put him back to CAM and get an out and out CDM.

Ted Lasso

He’s so much better as a CAM but shifted him back to try and fit everyone in. Doesn’t do anything for me as a CDM really, tempted to sack off Eusebio and put him back to CAM and get an out and out CDM.
Appreciate the insight. Was thinking that I might upset the balance too much shifting him back and losing what he offers. Sounds like that's else you experienced too

Carlsen19

Appreciate the insight. Was thinking that I might upset the balance too much shifting him back and losing what he offers. Sounds like that's else you experienced too
It's bizarre how much of a different/better player he feels at CAM, feels so much faster and more skilful. Stuck him back at CAM, benched Eusebio and brought flashback Pogba back in as CDM.