Gaming FIFA 23

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Anyone mastered this new "special shot" yet?

Where the camera like zooms in?

I keep blasting it out for a throw-in.

Vapor trail

Gameplay is garbage it feels exactly the same as 22 on next gen. Don't think I'll get the full game the trial has shown enough.

Frank White

Rashford won POTM apparently, definitely doing the SBC. Should be relatively cheap too even with the prem and man utd tax added on.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
From what I've seen, this looks like even less changes than usual. Haven't played yet but just from videos. Looks virtually identical to last year.

Ted Lasso

From what I've seen, this looks like even less changes than usual. Haven't played yet but just from videos. Looks virtually identical to last year.
It plays very differently. The players feel weighted in a way that I really really like. I did the beta and loved it. Couldn't go back to 22...and once AFC Richmond was announced...

For Ultimate Team, I'm in the early access. Is it better to sell players now or wait till the game opens up?

Frank White

It is pace doesn't seem to bad, slower players are viable but the actual changes to game are minimal. Will follow the normal fifa cycle, hype for the 1st few weeks, get bored by TOTY and then shelve for the year by feb. Hopefully the WC game mode is decent.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Bought the ultimate edition pre-order and wish i hadn't. Played one game of rivals, did two or three dull as arse SBCs and just wanted to close the game down out of boredom. Will just stick to Pro Clubs for a while.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
After 4 games I'm finding it OK but nothing more.

Honestly can't see me spending as much time as usually do on it. Its all very samey.

Frank White

It plays very differently. The players feel weighted in a way that I really really like. I did the beta and loved it. Couldn't go back to 22...and once AFC Richmond was announced...

For Ultimate Team, I'm in the early access. Is it better to sell players now or wait till the game opens up?
What are you selling? High end cards have ballooned and I'm not sure how much higher they're going, the low end meta cards will probably drop quite a bit so if you have them sell now while they're still high.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

You should disable the camera if you ask me; it's incredibly distracting!

What's tricky is it changes to manual aiming - one way to practice is to adjust your controller settings to turn off shooting aim assist then play squad battles against easy AI. The key is subtle movements!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Is playing against CPU any more satisfying? Last year - and for the several before it - there was a gulf between professional and world class in the sense one was really easy and the other was easy except when the CPU decided it needed to score.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is playing against CPU any more satisfying? Last year - and for the several before it - there was a gulf between professional and world class in the sense one was really easy and the other was easy except when the CPU decided it needed to score.
Yeah this was a massive gripe of mine. Professional was too easy but World Class was essentially being cheated.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think the gameplay feels even weaker than last year. The passes are way too zippy and accurate. It’s just even more arcadey than last year. All that being said I’m apparently pretty good at it. I’m spanking teams on UT with teams worth 10x my value and up to div 7 pretty easily. I still don’t really like the feel of the gameplay though.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Has a football video game ever gotten that right? Even PES 6 had loads of last second goals

bosnian_red

You should disable the camera if you ask me; it's incredibly distracting!

What's tricky is it changes to manual aiming - one way to practice is to adjust your controller settings to turn off shooting aim assist then play squad battles against easy AI. The key is subtle movements!
Just saw a video of the camera zoom in thing. Who the hell thought of that, that's a horrible idea :lol: What's the point of the camera zooming in as you're shooting??

Frank White

Biggest grip is the tackling, it still goes back to the oppo way too much for my liking. That and the heading are really annoying got to the point yesterday where I made 5 standing tackles and all of them bounced straight to the other guy.

Frank White

I think the gameplay feels even weaker than last year. The passes are way too zippy and accurate. It’s just even more arcadey than last year. All that being said I’m apparently pretty good at it. I’m spanking teams on UT with teams worth 10x my value and up to div 7 pretty easily. I still don’t really like the feel of the gameplay though.
Really? From what i've seen/experienced from the majority the game this year is a lot slower. I know player switching is ass but generally i'm scoring goals from nice build up and 100% conceding less to just pure pace down line and cut back in the box.

bosnian_red

Really? From what i've seen/experienced from the majority the game this year is a lot slower. I know player switching is ass but generally i'm scoring goals from nice build up and 100% conceding less to just pure pace down line and cut back in the box.
Every fifa is like this at the start because they go from everyone being 90+ overall a few months into the game or the end of the cycle to everyone having a standard gold team.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
So after another day of playing I’ve got used to it more and the gameplay at the moment is fantastic, I read the fifa Reddit which has a pretty large community and everyone likes it, yes it’s slower than normal but that’s how it should be.

annoying though as the knobhead pros have started whinging about it so EA will no doubt bring 2 or 3 patches to satisfy them so the game will just go back to who can spam skill moves and have the fastest players.

It’s a shame EA ruin FIFA every year for 99% of players just to satisfy these few fifa esport clowns.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
So after another day of playing I’ve got used to it more and the gameplay at the moment is fantastic, I read the fifa Reddit which has a pretty large community and everyone likes it, yes it’s slower than normal but that’s how it should be.

annoying though as the knobhead pros have started whinging about it so EA will no doubt bring 2 or 3 patches to satisfy them so the game will just go back to who can spam skill moves and have the fastest players.

It’s a shame EA ruin FIFA every year for 99% of players just to satisfy these few fifa esport clowns.
I played 3 games on seasons and its class. You get punished for trying too elaborate things. I'm sure FUT will go back to 100mph soon though as it always does

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Feels like it’s that way every year. Should just disconnect from the internet now so they can’t update and ruin it.

flameinthesun

After getting into the groove of FUT through the day I have to say, the gameplay is exactly the same as fifa 22. Apart from a few new player mechanics like outside of the boot shooting which seems to score all the time and gimmicks like changing the way set pieces are done, it's essentially the same game. Honestly feels like I've jumped on to fifa 22.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
After getting into the groove of FUT through the day I have to say, the gameplay is exactly the same as fifa 22. Apart from a few new player mechanics like outside of the boot shooting which seems to score all the time and gimmicks like changing the way set pieces are done, it's essentially the same game. Honestly feels like I've jumped on to fifa 22.
It’s vastly different to 22

Frank White

Got happy when i saw the requirements for Rashford then i actually looked at the card :confused: Thought they would boost the card a bit more like a 86 but 120k for that card is just no. Hopefully Valverde is decent.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Tried a player career. Playing as a striker it essentially boils down to playing on the counter-attack every time. It's hard to score a goal that isn't an easy through-ball in to you and a one on one with the keeper. The play is no more nuanced than that. No slow build-up, no crosses, just knocking the ball forward as fast as possible.

Might be different when you're controlling all 11 but for me to score 3 goals away to City on World Class mode (as a 72 rated player) from the simplest of through-balls and acres of space just ruined any immersion for me. The opposition defensive line is incredibly high for every scenario.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
So far so good, a bit slower than 22 so seems like a bit easier to create and utilize space on the pitch. Animations look cool but I can't score from power shot, always goes over the bar.
Will give it a proper run on Sunday.

Only worry is the graphics look shit, not sure if that's my PC or some other issue with the game.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
How in the world CR7 still have 90 rating in Fifa 23 ?

EA need to release a new patch to truly reflect his ability..
If you look at his individual stats and his on field performances it’s hard to understand how he’s 90 rated still.

Even a drop to 87/6 would still make him one of the best strikers in the game but not a world beater.

Tried a player career. Playing as a striker it essentially boils down to playing on the counter-attack every time. It's hard to score a goal that isn't an easy through-ball in to you and a one on one with the keeper. The play is no more nuanced than that. No slow build-up, no crosses, just knocking the ball forward as fast as possible.

Might be different when you're controlling all 11 but for me to score 3 goals away to City on World Class mode (as a 72 rated player) from the simplest of through-balls and acres of space just ruined any immersion for me. The opposition defensive line is incredibly high for every scenario.
Yup you’re far too reliant on subtle play from a CPU that just doesn’t do that.

It’s far better as all 11 players as you decide the style somewhat but then for me that takes away the immersion of I can only control my actions.

I’m not sure I’ll continue a player career because of this and instead might just do manager mode.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If you look at his individual stats and his on field performances it’s hard to understand how he’s 90 rated still.

Even a drop to 87/6 would still make him one of the best strikers in the game but not a world beater.

Yup you’re far too reliant on subtle play from a CPU that just doesn’t do that.

It’s far better as all 11 players as you decide the style somewhat but then for me that takes away the immersion of I can only control my actions.

I’m not sure I’ll continue a player career because of this and instead might just do manager mode.
Yeah it’s pretty dull. I’m top scorer in the league with 9 goals after just 5 games and they’re all basically from one on ones with the keeper. That’s including me passing it back on occasions I could’ve scored to try and make it feel more realistic.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah it’s pretty dull. I’m top scorer in the league with 9 goals after just 5 games and they’re all basically from one on ones with the keeper. That’s including me passing it back on occasions I could’ve scored to try and make it feel more realistic.
I have always found this and its why I enjoy playing as a DM more than a striker. You will lose if you go wandering too often, but you are in the middle of the game dictating how your side play.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have always found this and its why I enjoy playing as a DM more than a striker. You will lose if you go wandering too often, but you are in the middle of the game dictating how your side play.
Could be an option but again I think I'd get frustrated by how passive and one dimensional my team are and not be able to resist getting more involved.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player

I've scored with it loads. It seems too overpowered , even near the keeper he lets it through.

So far so good, a bit slower than 22 so seems like a bit easier to create and utilize space on the pitch. Animations look cool but I can't score from power shot, always goes over the bar.
Will give it a proper run on Sunday.

Only worry is the graphics look shit, not sure if that's my PC or some other issue with the game.
Did you buy the next gen version?

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The passing is ridiculous. You can basically play any pass even when you have your back to the player.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I've scored with it loads. It seems too overpowered , even near the keeper he lets it through.

Did you buy the next gen version?
Absolute state of that AI defending. Its absolutely shit and has been exactly the same for as long as I remember.