Gaming FIFA 23

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Will they make the game play like football or bring back countless features they've removed over the years because they aren't monetisable or make the menus and interface run at a constant FPS without shit load times.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Same thread and comments every year. We go again.

Shit game overall and EA will never learn but worth the money for the year of play I get with mates.

Chief123

It's not called Fifa 23 this year. It's meant to be EA Sports FC.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Can’t wait for the usual buzz word nonsense

game changing ball physics
revolutionary new running mode
groundbreaking set piece implementation
in-game injuries revamp, including a first of its kind ‘ball smashed in the nuts’ game mode.
brand new pioneering tactical systems

then you buy the game like a loser on day one and it’s exactly the same as the last game but a little bit faster or slower.

I’ve just pre ordered.

arthurka

PES also had a name change and some new mechanics, that seemed to have gone down well.

dove

Can't wait for the trailers showing revamped everything, hypermotion 4.0, 10000 new animations and some brand new never seen before smart tactical AI. All this resulting in the same crap gameplay as in FIFA 22, which was the same as 21, 20 etc etc. Too bad they have a complete monopoly so they can keep releasing reskinned versions each year and don't bother with anything else. Their "biggest" competitor completely self destroyed themselves during the past couple of years.

AaronRedDevil

Let me guess.
Better ball control
More AI animation
Better bouncy ball crap
Still unable to actually tackle and getting back possession.
And of course. Scripting is still there.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The trailer spews the same marketing verbiage we've grown accustomed to each year.

I suspect with E-Football's demise in terms of features and gameplay (relative to Pro Evo years), FIFA has become the default winner in many people's eyes.

hobbers

Will they make the game play like football or bring back countless features they've removed over the years because they aren't monetisable or make the menus and interface run at a constant FPS without shit load times.
No but they are going to add 4 brand new types of player card on UT and some exclusive new types of packs. And introduce NFTs that you can buy and customise your stadium with.

I love how all the saps thought they'd be bringing in crossplay. At least something for pro clubs players to be happy about for the first time in a decade. But nah, crossplay for 1v1s only. :lol:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It's just mental to me that the best football career mode was made 17 years ago.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If I could make one change to FIFA, I would remove every single skill move from game bar about 2.

Shark

@NotShark
There's no real opposition now so fully expect zero changes to career mode. Disgusting company.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I managed to not buy 21 but then bought 22 and played it for about a month. It probably works out as worth the money even though I despise it after a few weeks

dove

I'm not convinced... sounds like wishy-washy bollocks
Career mode updates are crap as expected. However the worst part of it was the gameplay snippets. Same old arcady ping pong gameplay with some really awkward looking goalkeeping.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

A few of them are welcome additions. But nothing revolutionary at all. And some of them are just the usual bollocks. “New menu which saves time” for example, utter rubbish and they’ll say the same next year.

My biggest concern though was the actual gameplay footage… could already spot glitches, some of them familiar from the past, and the gameplay just looked very arcade.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Absolutely horrendous ‘changes’. They’re not even hiding it anymore. Seeing the same menus (new menu my arse) and negotiation shite with the same animations. Ooh there’s more cutscenes for me to skip now, oh boy. It’s all cometic crap.

hobbers

"Authentic managers" "dynamic moments"

:lol: these cretins never change