Gaming FIFA 23

WPMUFC

Think he's right about the code, it seems pretty obvious, it's the same problem with Madden and why you see the same "systems" repackaged and rebranded every few years. However he really downplays the actual problem, FUT and money making live services incentivises milking a stale product and patching shit together which is then further incentivised because it's a monopoly that reports to shareholders. Fifa as a license is not the main problem and "breaking free" of the license is not going to cause the game devs to take a 2-3 year hiatus to completely re-code a game. Especially if FUT still has to produce the revenue to justify the devs existence.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I play online seasons only.

Fifa 21 was ridiculously about through balls and any forward with pace that could get in behind.

Mbappe was cheating. A blind ball up the channels and he was through and finishing was quite easy. Even Dan James was an absolute beast.

I didn't play 22 but I really hope they improve this. Team splitting through balls are pretty rare and only a few players can do it consistently.
Nope, still the same in Fifa 22. A simple through ball to Mbappe and he will score.

And matching up against PSG in every online game is just excruciating.
It's pretty ridiculous and also the reason why CBs speed is the only parameter you should be concerned with, and you will see plenty opponents playing Walker in the center of defence.

Frank White

Like that the web app comes tomorrow, gives us a few days before full release to try and grind a decent starter team. Sucks that the pre-season rewards we earned in 22 won't probably be dispatched until next month the extra 50k pack and 1k match bonus etc would have been a huge boost.

Serie A looks class for a decent start up squad, think Mckennie will be a really good pick up and should be relatively cheap.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ultimate team web app launched. Always play FUT for the first month and then drop it, but hey it's fun for now.

Got feck all from my packs but always good deals to be found with the early buys/sells. Got Tchouameni for 3k, bought a bunch of Eriksen's for 800 that I'll sell for more and got Martial for like 1800 so between them, I'll use those 3 in my actual squad.

Edit: also added Ramsdale, reece James and Dalot to be left back. Malacia is max BIN already apparently. Lisandro Martinez also going for way too much at this point. Got Cristian Romero in a starter pack too so that should get me like 5k at least.

Last edited:

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Every time i log in via web app ot says to make a club on the console first? I deleted my club in August so not sure if its that but i did play the beta Ultimate Team for a week when it came out?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Did a bit of trading and BPM on the web app and put together a basic PL team to start with

bosnian_red

I've got:
Martial
Muniain - Lemar - Tchuoameni - Eriksen - Visca
Dalot - Gimenez - Romero - Reece James
Ramsdale
Was going to get Sancho but he was 4000 more than Muniain and I didn't have the coins, plus they're the same player essentially looking at their stats.

Frank White

Wouldn't advise signing out, just did and looks like I'll be unable to reconnect till the 27th. Thankfully spent my 70 odd thousand on Leao, Tomori and Hernandez. Sucks that they made the SBC's all untradeable (well the ones you can complete because they've made most uncomplete-able)

bosnian_red

Wouldn't advise signing out, just did and looks like I'll be unable to reconnect till the 27th. Thankfully spent my 70 odd thousand on Leao, Tomori and Hernandez. Sucks that they made the SBC's all untradeable (well the ones you can complete because they've made most uncomplete-able)
The new Chem system is making even the foundation SBCs a pain in the ass

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Anyone else having trouble logging in? Mine keeps saying something about login services

Frank White

The new Chem system is making even the foundation SBCs a pain in the ass
Yeah got the hang of it pretty quick but the app is bugged as hell right now. There's SBC's asking for 24 chem points, 2 max per player..... 11x2 is 22 max so literally impossible... or you just can't even submit them for some reason.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It says my account doesn’t have a FIFA 23 FUT club. How is that possible if the game isn’t out yet.

Meller

Packed Carvajal in my starter pack but he has a cap so not able to sell him. Still managed to get a PL starter squad as I packed Saka and Romero along with some other trashy PL players.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I still can’t get on

I got on the other day when it first released. Since then, nothing

I played fifa 22 plenty.
I can’t load it up as I don’t own it anymore

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I still can’t get on

I got on the other day when it first released. Since then, nothing

I played fifa 22 plenty.
I can’t load it up as I don’t own it anymore
This what you get when developers neglect a game for years and years. My only surprise is that it's affecting the cash cow part of the game.

Frank White

I'm on now, not much to do as they've still not fixed the SBC's but if you where having trouble before try now should be fine.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Still says mine doesn't have a FUT club.

Not too arsed tbh, I'll likely only play for a few weeks before it becomes a minefield of knobhead players.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Any trading tips for the next couple of days? Players to buy/flip etc.

I normally pump a load of money in, but considering EA won't let me buy/spend FP right now I may as well grind it out.

Frank White

Any trading tips for the next couple of days? Players to buy/flip etc.

I normally pump a load of money in, but considering EA won't let me buy/spend FP right now I may as well grind it out.
Market is super stagnant right now, probably missed the boat on big profit but BPM is still profitable but very slow. 1st day every pack was guaranteed profit nearly instant. How much you got to work with? Managed to buy Leao, Tomori and Hernandez hopefully they shoot up when release comes out going to try and grind out 10k for Nkunku and just call it there.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Pre-ordered the standard edition of this with EA play membership.

I've looked it up and it says pretty clearly that by purchasing the game with EA play membership, the game will be made available from Tuesday 27th for 10 hours until the full release date on the 30th.

However, upon purchasing the game it says it'll auto-download for me on Wednesday 28th and there's no option to proactively download it now.

Anyone else experience this? Maybe I'm missing something somewhere. I thought possibly you have to have pre-ordered the FUT edition to get it early but I've seen in a few places that that isn't the case, EA play membership will do.