FIFA U-20 World Cup 2015

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
So Serbia expect to develop talent by hoofing throw ins into the box and defend with 11 men?

R'hllor

Whatever happens,senior dont have 3% of desire,fight of u20,u21 and so on.

R'hllor

FT,get in.We werent better,but after 4th extra time in row,they fought till last drop.Also they did not pull Greece this u20 wc,they did not play like this from day one.

fontaine

I actually liked losing by doing an offside trap in the last minute, i'm so sick of pragmatism!!

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not sure what the Brazilian centre back was doing on the winning goal

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Was at the game and thought the best side lost. Live Brazil looked to be trying to score and trying to win. They reminded me of Greece 2004 more than anything, completely lacking in flair or inventiveness but then thats football. 2 well taken counter attacks and they won the cup. Watching tv replays of Ander Perreras goal doesnt show just how fast he was moving, he was like lightning when seeing it live.

Last edited:

vuc

First Team Serb
What a historic win for us! No team I believe has ever won it after 4 straight games in extra time. Incredible.

A true team win, united throughout the tournament with touches of class throughout the way.

Rajkovic the goalkeeper is one for the future.

Your guy Perreras is a real talent - Brazil looked dangerous everytime he got the ball.

vuc

First Team Serb
Was at the game and thought the best side lost. Live Brazil looked to be trying to score and trying to win. They reminded me of Greece 2004 more than anything, completely lacking in flair or inventiveness but then thats football. 2 well taken counter attacks and they won the cup. Watching tv replays of Ander Perreras goal doesnt show just how fast he was moving, he was like lightning when seeing it live.
Brazil had the better of the game yes, but I think it's a little harsh to label the team as lacking in inventiveness or flair considering they were running on empty. Prior to the final they had 3 energy sapping games, of which they were definitely not lacking in flair or inventiveness. If anything we were guilty for sloppy finishing throughout the tournament.

Anyway, this collective has now won the U-19 Euros and now the U-20 World Cup. Could be a special generation, and they are an absolute example of how our Senior Team should perform.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I missed the extra time, but for the majority of the game Serbia played on the back foot but looked like they would win because Brazil never really looked sharp enough to break them down until the magic of our man, while the Serbians look like they had the beating of that Brazil defence all night Only for the keeper.

R'hllor

Luckily Serbia's senior teams are never as good as they're young ones. :D
Arghhh you :mad:! You know,i deserve at least once in my life time to see those cnuts play with desire and fire in them!Never gonna happen tho -.-

R'hllor

Who knows, maybe this is THE generation. :)
No way in hell,when they get there,those who are already there will show them how its done,so join them or you wont get called again. Its like adding Nutella to full bowl of poop,you can add it as much as you want but still poop wins at the end.

mu4c_20le

Not too surprised about the result, the team is mentally weak just like the seniors. They didn't create a lot of chances and Serbia's defending was top notch, very disciplined. The two standout bad performers was their #10 who completely lost his head in the second half and Guilherme, who tried the same far post curling shot at least 6 times, missing 5 and GK saved 1. Pereira was the one highlight, he came on and lifted the team like Neymar, he was the standout performer, not just because of the goal but the composure he brought to a struggling, nervous Brazilian side. Coming on against a tiring Serbia was also a factor, but if you watch the match when he came on, he made lots of right decisions, unlike his teammates. He knew when to pass, when to dribble, when to hang onto the ball and wait. I can finally understand the hype, because when i watched him in our reserves last season I thought "mehh", decent prospect but not enough to start a fuss over the new contract or force him into the first team. But now i see he has really made leaps and bounds in his progression, can't wait to see how LVG will develop him.

Last edited:

Telcontar

As someone on twitter said, Balkan speaking people will get this: "Ako ne počnu da proslavljaju titule na splavovima, sve će da bude OK."
haven't watched the game, was busy today, but glad that we won. I wish that our senior team played with such desire. At least I hope that couple of players will make it on the big stage. We also won Euro U-19 a year or two ago. Hope that players from those two teams can at least make some decent careers, we desperately need it.

I disagree that we are a team without inventiveness and flair. Well maybe we were in the finals against, realistically speaking, superior Brasil team.. but up to that game, we had a fair share of games where we were dominant and attacking for most, if not all 90 minutes.

Glad to see Pereira scoring a good goal, I think LVG really needs to give him a run of games in first team...

fontaine

Not too surprised about the result, the team is mentally weak just like the seniors. They didn't create a lot of chances and Serbia's defending was top notch, very disciplined. The two standout bad performers was their #10 who completely lost his head in the second half and Guilherme, who tried the same far post curling shot at least 6 times, missing 5 and GK saved 1. Pereira was the one highlight, he came on and lifted the team like Neymar, he was the standout performer, not just because of the goal but the composure he brought to a struggling, nervous Brazilian side. Coming on against a tiring Serbia was also a factor, but if you watch the match when he came on, he made lots of right decisions, unlike his teammates. He knew when to pass, when to dribble, when to hang onto the ball and wait. I can finally understand the hype, because when i watched him in our reserves last season I thought "mehh", decent prospect but not enough to start a fuss over the new contract or force him into the first team. But now i see he has really made leaps and bounds in his progression, can't wait to see how LVG will develop him.
I disagree about being mentally weak, the team had 70% posession and 25 shots, this is the 90s and early 2000s brazil we were used to doing. I liked how even the center backs avoided hoofballs at all costs.

I'd rather get beaten by some sporadic counter attacks than play the chicken pragmatic shit our senior teams have been playing for the last 8 years or so. Sitting back and fouling a lot, etc. Congrats to Serbia though, their goalie is great

Classical Mechanic

Pereira actually made Brazil's best chance too when he put Malcom through with a neat through ball. Malcom fluffed his lines unfortunately for what surely would have been the winning goal.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Brazil had the better of the game yes, but I think it's a little harsh to label the team as lacking in inventiveness or flair considering they were running on empty. Prior to the final they had 3 energy sapping games, of which they were definitely not lacking in flair or inventiveness. If anything we were guilty for sloppy finishing throughout the tournament.

Anyway, this collective has now won the U-19 Euros and now the U-20 World Cup. Could be a special generation, and they are an absolute example of how our Senior Team should perform.
Yes, to be fair I think you are right. There were some really good players in the side and I am being harsh. I thought the big central midfielder #20 was especially good as well as the #8. Quality keeper too. Put it this way, they played a game plan to win and did it really well.