Fifa u17 World Cup

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Man, there are some really shite players on both sides.

The keepers and defenders are jokes.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Nice non-european final for a change. Brazil deserved it to be fair, they had most of the ball and the positivity

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Brazil come from two goals down to defeat France 3-2 to advance to the final where they will play Mexico on Sunday.

Last edited:

BalanceUnAutreJoint

French youth teams are so badly coached It's insane. Always losing in a pathetic fashion after smashing teams earlier in the tournament.

Last time I saw a good French youth team was 2016 u19 Euros and I'm not even sure if they were even properly coached of if Mbappe and Odsonne Édouard were just already too much for youth players to handle

Adnan

Talent Spotter
French youth teams are so badly coached It's insane. Always losing in a pathetic fashion after smashing teams earlier in the tournament.

Last time I saw a good French youth team was 2016 u19 Euros and I'm not even sure if they were even properly coached of if Mbappe and Odsonne Édouard were just already too much for youth players to handle
I definitely blame the French Coach Giuntini for yesterdays loss. After being 2-0 up and cruising to a victory, he gave Brazil the initiative by trying to hold onto the 2-0 lead and paid the price.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Brazil just got awarded a penalty after a VAR review. I'm not 100% convinced that it's a penalty, but that's one that can go either way.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
VAR is trash. Not a single Brazilian cried out for a penalty

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is Veron the one who's meant to be a huge United fan?
According to Brazilian fan accounts on twitter he is. He's also been the best player for Brazil in the final tonight and possibly the player of the tournament.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
According to Brazilian fan accounts on twitter he is. He's also been the best player for Brazil in the final tonight and possibly the player of the tournament.
I'll have to keep my eye out for him in the coming seasons then, haven't really had the chance to watch as much of this tournament as I'd have liked.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Congratulations to Brazil on winning the World Cup. Gabriel Veron superb.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'd argue that Yan Couto was Brazil's best player in the final. Veron was a big threat, but he was too sloppy to be considered the best player. Yan Couto got the most important assist tonight anyways.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Nice job of Brazil winning without their two household talents of the generation (Talles Magno and Reinier). VAR is really annoying though, I prefer the clear and obvious style of EPL despite the huge backlash. Re-refereeing VAR annoys me.

Someone mentioned above, Yan Couto by far Brazil's MVP of the tournament, will be interesting to track his career path.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd argue that Yan Couto was Brazil's best player in the final. Veron was a big threat, but he was too sloppy to be considered the best player. Yan Couto got the most important assist tonight anyways.
Couto did get the assist and I've even spoke about his potential before in this thread and how highly I rate him as a talent. But it was Veron who was head and shoulders the best player in the first half and why Brazil overwhelmed Mexico at times and should've been a few goals up. One assist from Couto shouldn't negate the impact of Veron.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
France beat Holland 3-1 in the game to decide 3rd/4th. Holland took the lead but the French came back strong to win 3-1 with a hat-trick from Kalimuendo.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Couto did get the assist and I've even spoke about his potential before in this thread and how highly I rate him as a talent. But it was Veron who was head and shoulders the best player in the first half and why Brazil overwhelmed Mexico at times and should've been a few goals up. One assist from Couto shouldn't negate the impact of Veron.
I'm not discounting his impact. However, I think his impact was reduced because of how sloppy the midfield battle was in the first half. Veron was a threat, but Yan Couto's composure kept Brazil secure at the back and allowed them to advance forward. In the second half, Veron grew into the game and had a bigger impact, but I was personally more impressed by Couto.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm not discounting his impact. However, I think his impact was reduced because of how sloppy the midfield battle was in the first half. Veron was a threat, but Yan Couto's composure kept Brazil secure at the back and allowed them to advance forward. In the second half, Veron grew into the game and had a bigger impact, but I was personally more impressed by Couto.
That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion and I rate Couto highly as a young RB, but Veron was much better in the first half and if it wasn't for poor finishing, then the game would've been over in the first half. Below are opinions of Brazilian fans.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion and I rate Couto highly as a young RB, but Veron was much better in the first half and if it wasn't for poor finishing, then the game would've been over in the first half. Below are opinions of Brazilian fans.
Maybe my expectations were too high. I didn't keep track of the whole tournament, so I'll take the Brazilians' views over my own. Regardless, Brazil, once again, have several talented players coming up. Reiner, Talles Magno, Couto, and Veron are ones that I will certainly look out for.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Maybe my expectations were too high. I didn't keep track of the whole tournament, so I'll take the Brazilians' views over my own. Regardless, Brazil, once again, have several talented players coming up. Reiner, Talles Magno, Couto, and Veron are ones that I will certainly look out for.
But I do agree that Couto looks a absolute world beater as fullback/wingback. I think there's gonna be alot of interest from European clubs in him very soon.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I definitely blame the French Coach Giuntini for yesterdays loss. After being 2-0 up and cruising to a victory, he gave Brazil the initiative by trying to hold onto the 2-0 lead and paid the price.
It doesn't help when the officiating goes in your favour twice under VAR review. The 2nd goal looked miles out.

NYAS

Veron’s pace though :drool: It isn’t just his technique!

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I hope United is interested in Reinier. His clause is at 30m pounds, so in today's market I think that is a good price.

I know the history with south americans and Brazilians is pretty bad, but he'd be the first talented midfielder we go for, instead of workhorse midfielders or fullbacks.