FIFA13: Ultimate Team

EvilChuck

Opponent gets a corner, floats it in and heads it straight to my man on the post. My goalkeeper then proceeds to dive at the ball, misses it completely and trips up my defender allowing the ball to roll back to his player for an open goal for him to go 1-0 up

I still won 6-1, I was fuming though

EvilChuck

Sold my Premier League team, it was too expensive to actually improve it and I was getting bored (Mirallas is quality up front though). I bought a Serie A team and a Ligue 1 team with my funds

Serie A team - 4-3-1-2

GK Marchetti
RB Jonathan
LB Armero
CB Ogbonna
CB Lucio (I will be replacing him with Chiellini at some point)
CM Marchisio
CM Vidal
CM Nocerino
CF Cassano
ST Cavani
ST Pato

Ligue 1 team - 4-3-2-1

GK Mandanda
RB Van Der Weil
LB Bedimo
CB N'Koulou
CB Sakho
CM M'Vila
CM Mavuba
CM Pastore
LF Lavezzi
RF Menez
ST Remy

The Serie A team is much better suited to how I play, dribbling and passing through the midfield to create a chance rather than just playing through balls for a fast player to get to. Cassano is beastly for me, 68 pace but 88 passing and 90 dribbling, what tends to happen is he gets the ball, takes it round couple of people and the other team's defenders start chasing him leaving space for Cavani/Pato or one of the midfielders to run into.

I actually won 6 in a row in division 1 using that team, then thought I'd try the Ligue 1 team for a couple because my players were down at about 80 fitness and I had no coins left to buy a fitness card. First game I wasnt sure how they'd play, and I lost 2-1. Then it all went to pot the next 2 games, my passing was off, players werent controlling the ball at all well and nothing was working, I lost both 4-1.

Then the last game of the season, needing a win to win the title.... lost... 8-5. I was 6-1 down at one point (I had put the controller down at 3-1 because I was pissed off at the stupidity of the goals, one was a shot that hit the post and bounced back into my keeper and went in, another my two defenders ran into each other with no one around them, and neither could get up before his striker got to the ball). I pulled it back to 6-5 with my team set at ultra attacking, but with 5 minutes to go he scored, and then hit me on the break in stoppage time.

I'm planning on building a Brazilian team (either league, or just with Brazilian players), and again building a Russian league team (I miss Eminike and Doumbia). I might look into an Argentina team as well if I can build one relatively cheap

Masterplan

AKA united07
got a 4-3-3 TOTY Iniesta, seems Buy in Now prices are anywhere between 1.7m to 4m, but there arent any 4-3-3 ones up for auction, What price does anyone reckon i should put it up for?

Masterplan

AKA united07
Jammy feck, what rating is he?
96, with 99 passing and 97 dribbling, i was surprised, usually have terrible luck with packs, got about all the rare and jumbo packs a couple a days ago and didnt get anyone worth over 1k

Levo

Band of Brothers
Your well set there then, if you can afford to then hold off selling him until the forwards are released. Value will rise once you can no longer get him in a pack.

Leg-End

Your well set there then, if you can afford to then hold off selling him until the forwards are released. Value will rise once you can no longer get him in a pack.
His value is gonna be strong now because he is shiny and new, I'd whack him up for a ridiculous amount and see if I got a bite and then just buy him back in a few days If you want to keep him.

EvilChuck

Got disconnected from the EA servers twice in 2 games tonight, both times after I signed in again they told me that because I disconnected my DNF has decreased.... feck you EA

Levo

Band of Brothers
Ronaldo TOTY edition is a 97, Falcao's a 94. Not seen a Messi yet.

EvilChuck

I've seen two types of Messi cards. One is ST and is only 91, but has red on it (whatever that means?). The CF Messi though is rated 98 overall.

The ST 91 card is the same as the standard gold Messi, except its rated lower overall (wtf) and the shooting is at 99 instead of 88. The CF 98 card though, holy shit, 97 pace, 99 dribbling, 96 shooting, 48 defending, 92 passing and 76 heading

Masterplan

AKA united07
I've seen two types of Messi cards. One is ST and is only 91, but has red on it (whatever that means?). The CF Messi though is rated 98 overall.

The ST 91 card is the same as the standard gold Messi, except its rated lower overall (wtf) and the shooting is at 99 instead of 88. The CF 98 card though, holy shit, 97 pace, 99 dribbling, 96 shooting, 48 defending, 92 passing and 76 heading

the striker card was brought out when messi broke that goal scoring record, it says 91 as thats how many goals he scored last year, its not his rating

Sw33t

The TOTY IF's they do are always ridiculous lol. They ruin the market for a while too.

EvilChuck

I've been playing some of the offline stuff, but was disconnected from the EA servers 3 times today, and my DNF dropped to below 0.50. I carried on playing, havent left any games or been disconnected from the servers since, and my DNF has dropped lower again. I'm only getting like 400 coins per game :mad:.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Okay, I have a dilemma. I play UT on the PC and a little earlier I found Robben in a pack, he's going for around 800k in the market.

Do I keep him, or sell him?

Here is my squad atm:

800k is a fair bit of coinage to play about with, but who could I buy that would improve that team?

Any helpful suggestions welcome.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Dunno, that team looks fairly complete. If you sold Robben, you would be able to afford pace at the back. Kompany, Thiago Silva, Chiellini, Pepe or Ramos. Same with the full-backs.

Edit: Just saw you have Pepe on the bench.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Okay, I have a dilemma. I play UT on the PC and a little earlier I found Robben in a pack, he's going for around 800k in the market.

Do I keep him, or sell him?

Here is my squad atm:

800k is a fair bit of coinage to play about with, but who could I buy that would improve that team?

Any helpful suggestions welcome.

I had the same issue, robben is so good, you have to fit him in.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
That is one hell of a squad.
Thanks, its not bad. I've been pretty lucky in my trading. I got most of those players below the market rate. Its nothing compared to some squads I've played against though.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Having played a good few games with Robben in the team, I'm leaning towards keeping him, building up a few more coins and buying Lahm and Neuer.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I really should've started this earlier...the starting up process is such a blag.

I've hit the heights of Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson, Jones, Evans and Lindegaard.

EvilChuck

Ive sold my team and got 270k coins, what team should I make?
What team did you sell?

I currently have 5 complete teams, Serie A, Ligue 1, Russian League, Brazilian players, Portuguese League, and I'm 4 players short of having a Spanish players team but I have no money left at all and havent played for a while in order to get some money

AttackingFlair

What team did you sell?

I currently have 5 complete teams, Serie A, Ligue 1, Russian League, Brazilian players, Portuguese League, and I'm 4 players short of having a Spanish players team but I have no money left at all and havent played for a while in order to get some money
Serie A team, was pretty good tbf. Di Natale, Chiellini, Buffon etc

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Dont play this anymore, so decided to sell everyone apart from Sneijder and Cazorla, just because I loved them. Only got 22k which was a bit shit, but I suppose prices have dropped a lot, and also putting them all up with a starting price of 150 probably didnt help! Have enough to open 3 packs. Wish me luck, and if I get anything good, I may just give it away here...

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Needless to say, I got nothing. Shay Given was the best! Ah well, thats me finished with UT.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Emenike. What a fecking bargain. Granted having him brings down chemistry to 97, but when you need cheap pace and power, he's worth those 600 coins.

I've turned into everything I hate though, Elia, Farfan, Doumbia, Emenike, Gundogan, Lars Bender, Alaba, Howedes, Subotic, Piszczek, Wiese.

I've got Lewandowski and Mame Diouf, but Doumbia and Emenike are building up the coins.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Emenike. What a fecking bargain. Granted having him brings down chemistry to 97, but when you need cheap pace and power, he's worth those 600 coins.

I've turned into everything I hate though, Elia, Farfan, Doumbia, Emenike, Gundogan, Lars Bender, Alaba, Howedes, Subotic, Piszczek, Wiese.

I've got Lewandowski and Mame Diouf, but Doumbia and Emenike are building up the coins.
''You either die a hero (stop playing UT) or live long enough to see yourself become the villain (become a pacewhore).

I have pace too but it's at the back, Clichy-Kompany-Chiellini-Abate, they neutralize most teams who lump it over the top to fast players.

My full team is...

GK: Marchetti

RB: Abate
CB: Chiellini
CB: Kompany
LB: Clichy

CM: Toure
CM: Alonso
CM: Marchisio

CF: Modric

ST: Balotelli
ST: Miccoli

I have more red chemistry lines than green but it still plays great. Chemistry is overrated, in my opinion.

EvilChuck

Decided to mess about on the web app and build a Serie A team which is :
http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#bHiQz6e7Lxx:360

Played a few games, and it's quality to play with. Swap Cavani and Di Natale about a fair bit, can't decide who I prefer.

I don't know what to get all in all though, still got 500k not touched, feck knows who to buy.
How is Barzagli to use? I was considering adding him to mine in place of Ogbonna, but his 68 pace rating scares me considering how many people I see using Eto'o/Welliton/Esswein/Remy up front

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
When do the free packs for season ticket/pre ordering expire? Figure it'd be some time soon, but a little disappointed because apart from getting Xavi once, I never got anyone worth anything much.

gaz1185

How is Barzagli to use? I was considering adding him to mine in place of Ogbonna, but his 68 pace rating scares me considering how many people I see using Eto'o/Welliton/Esswein/Remy up front
I've just been lured into FUT once again, I needed a COD break :mad: But this time I decided to try a different approach with a mix of strength & pace, rather than all out pace. I started creating a team using Uruguayan players, but then it quickly became a mix of Serie A & Uruguay. Anyway, to the point; I use Barzagli as the central defender of a back three and find him absolutely brilliant. What he lacks in pace, he makes up for in Marking & Strength which means if you play deep enough against the "pacey" attackers he'll simply overpower them to the ball. I have Campagnaro & Ogbonna playing on either side of him who also have high Marking & Strength stats but also have a bit more pace to them, so they compliment Barzagli and can track any forward runs. I did intend on getting Chiellini originally, but for the price difference Barzagli has been a great purchase.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Would you guys recommend IF Miccoli or IF Cavani? I bought the latter as he's cheaper.
Miccoli, everytime. He's probably one of the best players on UT. Quick, great dribbling, great shot, great free-kicks, great passing, 4 star skills and the perfect work-rates (high attacking, low defence.)

Cavani is decent but his work-rates ruin him a little (high attacking, high defence).