Fikayo Tomori

davidmichael

We’ve not been linked with him but we’re very much looking for a centre back and he’s clearly available with AC Milan having an option to sign him for between £25-£30 million depending on which reports you believe, does anyone know a bit about him ?

I know Lampard really rated him and I heard great things about him towards the end of last season but I’ve never actually seen him play, is he the sort of centre back that would do well alongside Maguire like a fully fit and on form Tuanzebe would be ? We’ve done business with Chelsea in the past with Mata and Matic and Tomori is clearly available.

Classical Mechanic

We’ve not been linked with him but we’re very much looking for a centre back and he’s clearly available with AC Milan having an option to sign him for between £25-£30 million depending on which reports you believe, does anyone know a bit about him ?

I know Lampard really rated him and I heard great things about him towards the end of last season but I’ve never actually seen him play, is he the sort of centre back that would do well alongside Maguire like a fully fit and on form Tuanzebe would be ? We’ve done business with Chelsea in the past with Mata and Matic and Tomori is clearly available.
He would compliment Maguire yes, he’s very fast and a great one on one defender. He’s weak in the air.

beingshe7don

Not only do we need a competent CB but we need a leader as well. Maguire is not up to the job. Someone who can direct our defense like what VVD does for Liverpool.

croadyman

Not only do we need a competent CB but we need a leader as well. Maguire is not up to the job. Someone who can direct our defense like what VVD does for Liverpool.
Who do you think fits the bill and is realistically available

davidmichael

To be fair Maguire looked a lot better yesterday with a vocal keeper that commands his area in Henderson, the whole defence did in general. That doesn’t answer the question I’ve asked though as we’d all love a prime VVD playing for us just like we’d love a Rio or Vidic but there’s no one out there like that so I’m asking about someone in Tomori who is available and what’s he like ?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I like the look of him, I’m extremely surprised Chelsea let him go so easily. He’s young, quick, and seems decent on the ball. That’s halfway there to being a good CB in today’s game. He also already had plenty of experience at Derby the season before, and unlike Tuanzebe, seems to be a lot more resilient in terms of injuries. Interested to see how he fares against us this week.

I think he’ll stay at Milan if they can afford it, though. Seems like he’s getting good game time now

davidmichael

I like the look of him, I’m extremely surprised Chelsea let him go so easily. He’s young, quick, and seems decent on the ball. That’s halfway there to being a good CB in today’s game. He also already had plenty of experience at Derby the season before, and unlike Tuanzebe, seems to be a lot more resilient in terms of injuries. Interested to see how he fares against us this week.

I think he’ll stay at Milan if they can afford it, though. Seems like he’s getting good game time now
If he’s available for £25-£30 million you’d like to think we’d be in for him, Italian teams have struggled for money for years outside of Juve and Milan are desperate for Lovato from I think it’s Verona who’ll be cheaper and played in Serie A his whole career so Milan won’t be getting both.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Think there's a fair bit of difference between him being available for AC Milan and available for you. Can't see us selling to you unless it's a silly amount - no chance we'd give him to you for £30m.

davidmichael

Think there's a fair bit of difference between him being available for AC Milan and available for you. Can't see us selling to you unless it's a silly amount - no chance we'd give him to you for £30m.
I get that with us being direct rivals but by putting a fee to buy clause in his loan agreement it kind of makes it hard to negotiate as it’s pretty much saying “this is what we value him at, this is the fee needed to buy him” and Chelsea have done business with us over the past few years.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If you asked for too much we could look to do a deal with AC MIlan where they activate the clause (if there is one) and then we buy him off them for an extra 5m. I'm pretty sure something like that has happened a couple of times over the last 10 years or so.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
If you asked for too much we could look to do a deal with AC MIlan where they activate the clause (if there is one) and then we buy him off them for an extra 5m. I'm pretty sure something like that has happened a couple of times over the last 10 years or so.
For that to happen there would have to be a lot of things falling into place and most of those would cost money. From the agents to the player palms would have to be greased and just say that he passed the medical at AC and then failed it at Utd.

Tomori is an ok player yes he is fast and that enables him to recover but his positional sense is not top drawer and as someone said his heading is not the best.

Of course with decent coaching and a top quality partner he could be a real asset but the truth is in the current market he isn’t worth north of £25-£30 million that is unless you are interested and Marina will no doubt calculate the numbers along with taking a view as to the players long term potential and if that number of say £40 million is offered then he would be sold irrespective of the rivalry

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I get that with us being direct rivals but by putting a fee to buy clause in his loan agreement it kind of makes it hard to negotiate as it’s pretty much saying “this is what we value him at, this is the fee needed to buy him” and Chelsea have done business with us over the past few years.
In a vacuum sure but there's just no way we'd have agreed that fee if he was on loan to you. There'd be no point in putting a fee of, say, £50m on a loan deal to Milan because it'd never be activated. But that's almost certainly what you'd have to pay to get us to do business.

Not sure something like that is feasible given that no one expressly knows the exact terms of the deal, but could be a possibility if Milan are looking to make a quick buck. Only thing is you'd have to pay in excess of the clause plus agents' fees to make it worth their while, and after all that it might not be so cost-effective.

It's definitely happened though - Jovic was a recent example off the top of my head. Although in that scenario the difference between what Frankfurt had to pay Benfica and what they were getting from Madrid was far far bigger than what you're proposing here.

davidmichael

Owen Hargreaves giving Tomori a glowing recommendation right now on BT Sports and also praise from Paul Scholes.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is still relatively quite young at 22-23.

Was he loaned out by tuchel or Lampard? Was it to make him progress or because he was no more needed?

Does he have a future at Chelsea?

davidmichael

He is still relatively quite young at 22-23.

Was he loaned out by tuchel or Lampard? Was it to make him progress or because he was no more needed?

Does he have a future at Chelsea?
Lampard loaned him out but he has a clause in the loan that Milan can buy him for around £25-£30 million, he's keeping Romagnoli out of the team and Romagnoli is Milan’s captain so he’s clearly doing something very right.

Nick7

It’s fecking weird what happened him at Chelsea. Can’t understand it at all.

davidmichael

It’s fecking weird what happened him at Chelsea. Can’t understand it at all.
From what I’ve seen of him I’d be happy to take him off Chelsea’s hands, looked great in both games against us for Milan.

Nick7

From what I’ve seen of him I’d be happy to take him off Chelsea’s hands, looked great in both games against us for Milan.
Agreed. They wouldn’t sell him for it, but the 30 mil that they’ve agreed with Milan would be a steal it seems.

croadyman

Agreed. They wouldn’t sell him for it, but the 30 mil that they’ve agreed with Milan would be a steal it seems.
Yeah that price wouldn't apply to us as we are direct rivals to them

Eternitiy

Don't see anything special in him. Strong and fast, but poor on the ball.

Red00012

Lampard loaned him out but he has a clause in the loan that Milan can buy him for around £25-£30 million, he's keeping Romagnoli out of the team and Romagnoli is Milan’s captain so he’s clearly doing something very right.
He’s not Romagnoli is injured

Abraxas

Seems utterly bonkers Chelsea would even think of letting him go to Milan, or anybody else. I cannot fathom that at all.

He seems to have all the ingredients you'd want to be able to push up the pitch. He picked out some very good long passes, defended well. In terms of ballplaying he looks to play second fiddle a bit at the moment to those around him but it didn't seem to indicate any huge issue, certainly wasn't early Smalling type stuff. He'll be gathering great experience in Italian football in terms of his positional understanding.

I'm sure there's still some way to go and not every game will be as good as the ones he had against us but in terms of potential it looked very good.

Murray3007

thought he looked out of his depth at Chelsea to be fair, would be a gamble signing and all about potential. considering Smalling looked fantastic in Seria A don't give me to much confidence

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Don't see anything special in him. Strong and fast, but poor on the ball.
Poor in the air too.

Not sure why ManUtd fans would want to sign him. We need better CBs, we have better CBs than Tomori.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Sad to see him go without getting a chance under Tuchel but what a cool move for him.

Nice to see young English talent going abroad, I'd much rather see him for Milan that at West Ham or someone like that.

flappyjay

Chelsea are soo good at selling, once Bakayoko, Emerson and zappacosta are sold that means more money for their warchest. Tammy will probably generate a big Ish fee too.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea are soo good at selling, once Bakayoko, Emerson and zappacosta are sold that means more money for their warchest. Tammy will probably generate a big Ish fee too.
Zappa will leave on a free. We'll do well to get £20 million for Emerson & Baka.

Tammy, RLC and Barkley will probably bring in about £60 million.

We've already sold Moses for £5 mil and I guess we'll sell Malang Sarr.

Should bring in about £100 million-ish for all that lot (inc Tomori).

flappyjay

Zappa will leave on a free. We'll do well to get £20 million for Emerson & Baka.

Tammy, RLC and Barkley will probably bring in about £60 million.

We've already sold Moses for £5 mil and I guess we'll sell Malang Sarr.

Should bring in about £100 million-ish for all that lot (inc Tomori).
Thats just incredible. Even last year getting 50m for Morata after rinsing madrid for Hazard the year before. You guys are good.