Filip Stevanovic (Partizan) / joining CITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinJoh

We have games against Partizan Belgrade in the next month or so, and there is one kid playing for them that could be a potential target soon for big clubs. Kid just turned 17, already scored a few goals as a midfielder for the first team. Rumors from Serbia are that he is probably the best talent they had in years, and they really had a few players in the meantime that have been good.

It is long shot, but I have seen two games Partizan played with him, and he is really smart player on the field, not just a kid with a talent, excellent decision making. And, Vidic can help, I think the kid is from the same town as our captain.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is the type of player you would replace Jones with

Based Adnan

Bumping this as we've been linked with him.

https://www.republika.rs/sport/fudb...tevanovica-premijer-ligu-evo-kome-koliko-para

Translation courtesy of Reddit:
The management of Partizan sold the super-talented Filip Stevanović (17) to Manchester United, the Serbian Telegraph exclusively finds out! The black and whites will earn 12,000,000 euros on this transfer, and the young winger from Arilje will stay in Humska for the next year, as a player of the "red devils".
"Steamroller" coach Savo Milosevic announced that Stevanovic, as well as Umar Sadik, will cost at least 20 million euros in the future, but the management decided that it was a good time to sell, and Filip himself is aware that the three-time European champion does not call every day. . Last fall, the club from "Old Trafford" had the opportunity to see first-hand the quality of Partizan's prodigy, who played a total of 35 minutes in two games in the group stage of the Europa League against Manchester. That was enough to convince them that it could be a pledge for the future.

Santos J

It's not done, their vice pres said talks are ongoing apparently.

SwedishFish

12 million euros for a 17-year-old kid from Partizan?

Bit steep for a youngster that.

Sure hope his talent is worth it so he doesn't end up like our previous Partizan buys..

Infestissumam

I like that we're investing heavily into talented teenagers these days. Might reap those rewards in a few years.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Another potentially sensible move from Ed and the team. What they playing at? Tell him about disneyland.

Sid234

Sure hope his talent is worth it so he doesn't end up like our previous Partizan buys..

I think Tosic was always a gamble, the real goal was always getting a first option on Ljajic in that deal but we decided not to exercise it when time came due to work permit concerns.

SwedishFish

I think Tosic was always a gamble, the real goal was always getting a first option on Ljajic in that deal but we decided not to exercise it when time came due to work permit concerns.
Right, that and because he obviously wasn't as good as we'd thought. If he was we would have found a way no doubt. The work permit thing was just a convenient excuse. Which his career since then has shown. I remember at the time he was being touted as the next big thing but apart from a few decentish years in Serie A it just never happened for him.

Clique

Right, that and because he obviously wasn't as good as we'd thought. If he was we would have found a way no doubt. The work permit thing was just a convenient excuse. Which his career since then has shown. I remember at the time he was being touted as the next big thing but apart from a few decentish years in Serie A it just never happened for him.
I remember having a proper back and forth about this way over here. To be honest, he's performed better than some of our more expensive buys and is still only around 30. We would've made a profit even if we brought him in and sold him.

That said I do think he's had attitude issues and that's caused a lot of problems across the different clubs he's been at. Not sure if 4 years under SAF would've helped him or not, but we've gotten worse players in tbh.

rotherham_red

Tbf Ljajic was a quality player, but Glazernomics intervened and we had to forego our option.

12m is a lot for a kid, but that makes it more exciting for me as a fan.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not to be a dickhead but given that everyone is low on money to spend... seems a bit questionable to spent €12m on a random youngster from the serb league, considering we have a few gaps in the squad that need to be plugged and are missing out on some other good deals/pulling out of big transfers that suit us more in our current situation. I do always like these types of signings, just they need to be timed correctly too.

dev1l

I know someone who use to play with Ljajic and according to him in the youth teams there were better players than Ljajic but Ljajic had a good agent that managed to sell him abroad.
Re attitude. He s got a shit attitude - in a particular match in Serie A he drove his manager mad. If I m not wrong his manager was eventually suspended.

I cannot imagine Ljajic lasting more than 10 mins under Fergie

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Transfermarkt shows him as left winger. Is that where he plays usually?

Based Adnan

I know someone who use to play with Ljajic and according to him in the youth teams there were better players than Ljajic but Ljajic had a good agent that managed to sell him abroad.
Re attitude. He s got a shit attitude - in a particular match in Serie A he drove his manager mad. If I m not wrong his manager was eventually suspended.

I cannot imagine Ljajic lasting more than 10 mins under Fergie
He made a gesture when he got subbed and the manager went mad and started hitting him. Like full on going for him jumping on to the subs bench. :lol:

Probably was the straw that broke the camels back. Manager ended up getting fired for it, naturally.

SwedishFish

I remember having a proper back and forth about this way over here. To be honest, he's performed better than some of our more expensive buys and is still only around 30. We would've made a profit even if we brought him in and sold him.

That said I do think he's had attitude issues and that's caused a lot of problems across the different clubs he's been at. Not sure if 4 years under SAF would've helped him or not, but we've gotten worse players in tbh.
True, I just remember him being called "Little Kaka" and that got people on here all giddy and excited. Safe to say he never lived up to that.
But yeah he probably could've been worked better had he come, maybe SAF just didn't feel it was worth it at the time. Value in the market and all.
Interestingly enough we might see him in the Premier League this season, he's being linked with West Brom.

Anyway, the proposed outlay on Stevanovic would suggest he'd be ready for First Team football fairly soon. Would be great to have great competition on both wings if we sign a RW this window.

Mark Pawelek

From a few days ago when the discussion was about Lyon buying him:

The club’s manager, Savo Milosevic, recently indicated that they would only sell the teenager for a price equivalent to the club’s annual budget, which is €13m, hence the asking price.
Any deal for Stevanović won’t be concluded until 25th September, when the player becomes an adult.

Last edited:

Amarsdd

feck me how time flies! I remember watching some compilation video of him when we were linked with him and getting giddy we were getting a very good young player.

Mark Pawelek

Transfermarkt shows him as left winger. Is that where he plays usually?
He's right-footed. When playing from the left, he'll come inside to shoot. From the right he can cross. He's still only 17 so they're still giving him opportunities to play on both flanks.

PS: He played against us twice in the Europa last October and November, away (15 minutes), then home (20 minutes).

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not to be a dickhead but given that everyone is low on money to spend... seems a bit questionable to spent €12m on a random youngster from the serb league, considering we have a few gaps in the squad that need to be plugged and are missing out on some other good deals/pulling out of big transfers that suit us more in our current situation. I do always like these types of signings, just they need to be timed correctly too.
I'm pretty sure they're probably different budgets. Paying nearly as much for Mejbri didn't have any effect on our budget

Dan_F

Is this going to be the last of these kinds of deals before Brexit? How hard is it going to be to sign young players from the EU going forward?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Supposedly the source is garbage according to the Serbs of Reddit.

Sea-Cow

feck me how time flies! I remember watching some compilation video of him when we were linked with him and getting giddy we were getting a very good young player.
Haha same here. For some weird reason I had blind faith that he was going to be incredible.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How long until we get the Filip/ Flop headline?

Is his favourite trick the Filip flap?

izec

We got linked with some talented youth wingers lately. First that Uruguayan chap from Penarol, now this one.

KevinJoh

I think it was more for attitude problem, than work permit. We would fix work permit somehow for at the moment one of the most talented kids in Europe.

Looks I have scouted well this kid :) I have seen a few more games in the meantime, and I think he won't be winger long term and will end up as number 10 probably. Extremely smart player on the field, and I can hear good lad, great working habits and grounded. Also, pretty sure he won't end up in U23 after playing like 40 senior games. He will be loaned out until ready for the first team, hopefully next year and probably not to Serbia but some better league. Also, work permit will maybe be an issue?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Is this going to be the last of these kinds of deals before Brexit? How hard is it going to be to sign young players from the EU going forward?
Serbia isn’t in the EU.

Going forward we have to wait until they are 18. Beyond that, the change in work permits is anyone’s guess.

KevinJoh

He is not from EU, Serbia is not part of EU so it is the same for him

Status
Not open for further replies.