Gaming Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4, PS5) | Put discussion of chapters etc in labelled spoilers as people will be at different points

Raw

I definitely think you're right about Kalm. I suspect they are going to move everything that happens there (which is really just Cloud telling his mad Sephiroth story while Tifa doesn't call him on his bollocks) to Midgar. Maybe it will happen in Tifa's bar between Reactor missions and Aerith ends up in Avalanche or something.

I like Kalm though, it's relaxing after all the Shinra HQ and escaping madness. It's like taking a breath before you take on the world again while moving the story forward at the same time. There's not really much there though until Junon, except the Midgar Zolom and the brief with the Turks.
Yeah I can definitely see them moving certain events into different locations to streamline it all. Maybe having the journey between a few places just be a cutscene or something which would be a shame, the original is so well paced. Like you said Kalm is a nice respite after the madness of Midgar.

Art Vandelay

Yeah I can definitely see them moving certain events into different locations to streamline it all. Maybe having the journey between a few places just be a cutscene or something which would be a shame, the original is so well paced. Like you said Kalm is a nice respite after the madness of Midgar.
That's a good point actually, how is the overworld supposed to work from game to game? I mean will the later games give you access to go back to Midgar and everywhere else on the map? There's a lot of questions.

Anyway this guy has played it and is a lot more positive than me to balance out my negativity. I think he loved it a bit too much, he may have left that booth sticky.

This is the Famitsu footage he was talking about which had the epic music:

Last edited:

BlackShark_80

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has an interview with Final Fantasy VII Remake director Tetsuya Nomura, who shares various new details about the game.

Here are the noteworthy tidbits:
  • The watchmen of fate (the black mist in the trailer) are mysterious beings that appear before the party wherever they go. I hope that even those who have played the original game will enjoy the new elements.
  • There are quite a bit of dialogue options. We are making it so the dialogue changes depending on your response, so the sheer volume of dialogue has increased.
  • The Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing event is still in. We’ve made it more modern. If we made the facility like we did in the original game, the physical unease would be staggering, so that was no good…
  • There are quite a few additions to the scenario. While the main story itself hasn’t changed, there are a countless number of new events. Otherwise we wouldn’t have two Blu-ray discs. (Laughs.)
  • Aerith and Tifa are double heroines. One has a western-style look and the other an eastern-style look.
  • We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action. From there we got the black underwear and fitted tank top.
  • With an emphasis on immersion and exhilaration, you can fight without stress through the use of shortcuts. When you open the command menu, time slows and you can fight like a command battle.
  • Each playable character has different enemy affinities.
  • An item is required for MP recovery.
  • For the sake of level design, we’re preparing a few new enemies where necessary.

Last edited:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
love how many pervert nerds got upset at a kickboxer wearing a sports bra

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I bet if you searched "Tifa small boobs" on Youtube there is already 100 video essays on the injustice of it all.
I always found these debates equally pathetic and hilarious as Tifa´s cup size was all over the place in the original game. Depending on which AMV you watched her bust either shrank or grew by two or three cup sizes. There were scenes where she was potrayed with a well endowed but still somewhat realsitic body shape and then were scenes like the one in the northern crater where her breasts had become such giant ballons that she should not even be able to walk around without losing balance let alone practise martial arts.

Fortunately from what I gathered her design in the remake was well received overall.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Her breasts are ok in this game, haven't even noticed they were reduced although haven't played the original game in a while but I'm sure they're still fairly big for a girl that slender.

Irwin99

The Honey Bee Inn is going to be very interesting. They’ve said they’ve had to tone it down considerably. It’s still a very funny collection of scenes in the original but...yeah, I can see why they would have to change things. Still hoping to get Don to pick Cloud as his wife though :lol:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
their release schedule will end up being like lotro, releasing end game content decades down the line when we're all dead or dying*

*non-united fans may live longer

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Eh? This has been advertised as a timed PS4 exclusive from the start, I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Update: Following the publication of this story, Square Enix sent a statement reiterating that Final Fantasy 7 Remake has only been announced for PS4.

“As previously announced, Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be released for the PlayStation 4 on March 3rd 2020. We have no plans for other platforms,” it reads.

Look like console wars are back on the menu, boys!

Bojan11

Update: Following the publication of this story, Square Enix sent a statement reiterating that Final Fantasy 7 Remake has only been announced for PS4.

“As previously announced, Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be released for the PlayStation 4 on March 3rd 2020. We have no plans for other platforms,” it reads.

Look like console wars are back on the menu, boys!
I’d put you on a menu if you ain’t too careful. Don’t you ever dare post negative stuff about Xbox ever again. I’d get @Alock1 to kick all your relatives in town.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I’d put you on a menu if you ain’t too careful. Don’t you ever dare post negative stuff about Xbox ever again. I’d get @Alock1 to kick all your relatives in town.
Like to see him try, I've got the power of teh cell

Ainu

No PC version??
Pretty sure it will get a pc version as well, though you might have to wait even longer for it. FFXV took a couple of years to make it to pc. Or maybe it will release together with the Xbox One version 6 months to a year after the PS4 version, who knows?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Just been listening to the original soundtrack. I really, really hope they have an option to switch to the MIDI tracks in the remake. The orchestral tracks I've listened to don't sound half as good. I doubt they will have this option but heres to hoping.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just been listening to the original soundtrack. I really, really hope they have an option to switch to the MIDI tracks in the remake. The orchestral tracks I've listened to don't sound half as good. I doubt they will have this option but heres to hoping.
So good, my favourite FF7 track changes so often.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I recently bought the original soundtrack, gets some funny looks blasting that in the car!

Irwin99

I've been playing a few of the FF7 classic tracks when playing Dissidia NT . JENOVA and the opening Midgar mission are great tracks for getting pumped.

Art Vandelay

I recently bought the original soundtrack, gets some funny looks blasting that in the car!
One Winged Angel must get some funny looks. I remember the first time getting to the Sephiroth fight and thinking "He's got his own fecking opera!"

Tifa's theme is great. The piano version is excellent too.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Along with Aeris' theme, the last 3 tracks for Jenova and both Sephiroth fights are the best for me. It's basically the main reward for getting to the end of the game. The music for mako poisoned Cloud is heartbreaking.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Along with Aeris' theme, the last 3 tracks for Jenova and both Sephiroth fights are the best for me. It's basically the main reward for getting to the end of the game. The music for mako poisoned Cloud is heartbreaking.
One Winged Angel is possibly the greatest end boss theme of all time.

Only because Neclord in Suikoden 2 is not the end boss though. DUDUDUDUDUDU DUDUDUDUD DUDUDUDU that's just pure awesomeness. Made me want to buy a pipe organ.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
One Winged Angel must get some funny looks. I remember the first time getting to the Sephiroth fight and thinking "He's got his own fecking opera!"

Tifa's theme is great. The piano version is excellent too.
The one that got me funny looks at the traffic lights was the victory tune, sat there, windows down blaring it :)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
One Winged Angel is possibly the greatest end boss theme of all time.

Only because Neclord in Suikoden 2 is not the end boss though. DUDUDUDUDUDU DUDUDUDUD DUDUDUDU that's just pure awesomeness. Made me want to buy a pipe organ.
Nah, The Extreme pips OWA, though not by much.

Birth of a God, J.E.N.O.V.A, Cid's Theme, Judgement Day. That game has so many classics. Hope they don't alter it too much, as it is literally perfection.

Still can't wait for this game. If they expand the story in the right way and nail the gameplay it can be one of the great games of all time I'm sure.

Irwin99

Was reminded of how Crisis Core re-imagined Zack's last moments from FF7 and I started to wonder if they're really going to ham up a certain scene at the end of disc 1 in a similar fashion. I really hope they don't overdo it and try to change it.

Art Vandelay

Was reminded of how Crisis Core re-imagined Zack's last moments from FF7 and I started to wonder if they're really going to ham up a certain scene at the end of disc 1 in a similar fashion. I really hope they don't overdo it and try to change it.
I think they are going to ham everything up. The fact they are adding some sort of magical crisis to Aerith from the very start suggests to me they are going to go over the top with it all. What I enjoyed at the start with Aerith was the fairly slow build from flower girl to piecing together all the weird stuff around her to "She's an ancient?!"

Irwin99

Nice pics. I'm in the minority as all the 'purists' tend to like the more classic fantasy settings but I really like the bleakness of Midgar in 7.