Gaming Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4, PS5) | Put discussion of chapters etc in labelled spoilers as people will be at different points

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
:lol: I don't entirely understand this reference and yet I love it.
It's a pity we dont have the cafpedia attached to the forum anymore, but although the origin is unknown, my understanding is that it stems from the mid 00's when posters would make claims about certain players ie "Keane played shit against Arsenal" whereby another caftard would announce to that poster to "go wash your legs" ie (the shits/piss/cum) is dribbling out of you.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's a pity we dont have the cafpedia attached to the forum anymore, but although the origin is unknown, my understanding is that it stems from the mid 00's when posters would make claims about certain players ie "Keane played shit against Arsenal" whereby another caftard would announce to that poster to "go wash your legs" ie (the shits/piss/cum) is dribbling out of you.
Many thanks.

Raw

Aw damn, they kept Reno as a pretty boy. He was more of a menacing looking thug in the original (from what you can see from the limited graphics), Advent Children decided to go for the pretty boy look and I was never a fan of it.

Still looks great, I can't wait. I'm so glad they're keeping the silly minigames like the squatting.

Cait Sith

Really conflicted. I have no console but I want to buy one for this game alone. I waited 15 years for a remake of this. Buying a PS4 in 2020 when the PS5 is coming out soon feels pointless though. What do I do?

Hope they delay the release.

pacifictheme

Really conflicted. I have no console but I want to buy one for this game alone. I waited 15 years for a remake of this. Buying a PS4 in 2020 when the PS5 is coming out soon feels pointless though. What do I do?

Hope they delay the release.
They won't.

Either wait 6 months for a ps5 which will be able to play it or buy a srcond hand ps4.

Cait Sith

This would be the longest 6 months in my life ... How sure is it that the PS5 will come end of 2020 anyway?

pacifictheme

This would be the longest 6 months in my life ... How sure is it that the PS5 will come end of 2020 anyway?
No idea. Seems quite likely for a 2020 release but i'd have thought between noe and march we'll know a lot more so you have plenty of time to decide.

Sorry but cait sith is a prick so it feels right you should miss out to be honest.

Raw

Who's the guy on the motorbike supposed to be?
Seems like an original character since they're needing to add more content if they're just doing Midgar.

Aside from some cheesy dialogue that looked class
It seems like dialogue they've quickly dubbed over the original Japanese version, without lip syncing and all that. I doubt the final English version will be as cheesy sounding as they'll have time for voice direction to make it sound more real.

That being said, English dubs of Japanese media nearly always sound terrible to me so I hope they give the option of having Japanese voices with subtitles.

Raw

New footage against the Aps boss. Including Tifa and Aerith fighting along with how summons work. Looks so good :drool:

Irwin99

It does look very promising. Fleshing out the characters of Avalanche looks to be a good move on the developer's part, especially as the first game starts and ends in Midgar. Looking forward to this.

Art Vandelay

Looks good although I still have worries. I wish they'd just confirm the Xbox version, there's been a lot of leaks and rumours about it. If they would even confirm it's coming later I'd wait for that so I can play in 4k HDR with my surround sound headphones. I've only got a PS4 slim.