Gaming Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4, PS5) | Put discussion of chapters etc in labelled spoilers as people will be at different points

Irwin99

3 hours into the DLC and all i've done is play Fort Condor :lol:

Don't think it's a spoiler to reference two very minor returning characters but just in case

What the feck were they thinking with Johnny and Roche? The game has a lot of humour as it is but these guys just plain suck. Roche seems even worse than I remember....and he's only spoken about 5 lines

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
3 hours into the DLC and all i've done is play Fort Condor :lol:

Don't think it's a spoiler to reference two very minor returning characters but just in case

What the feck were they thinking with Johnny and Roche? The game has a lot of humour as it is but these guys just plain suck. Roche seems even worse than I remember....and he's only spoken about 5 lines
it’s very addictive!

Irwin99

Finished it but didn't collect all the trophies or the optional bosses. Was decent/good. The ending kind of confirms some of the worst fears I have about what they're doing but luckily the cast of characters and gameplay is enough to keep me going until the story goes absolutely off the rails

Urghh! Zack really is back and it seems they're really going for that alternative timeline nonsense. Those Dirge of Cerberus characters seem dull as anything too and just another tie in to a bloated universe. I really do miss the more streamlined FF7 original plot and I think they're going to mess up big time by trying to tie it all together. On a more positive note Zonan was a decent enough character and I like that they're going to start the next game in Kalm which is a good idea.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finished it. Really enjoyed it though it was disappointingly short (took me about 6 hours). Yuffie and Sonon were great fun to play with and the boss battles were once again lots of fun. Going to play through again on hard for an added challenge.

In terms of storyline it's clear they're continuing on with multiple timelines so I fully expect them to get bogged down within everything at some point. That said aside from Crisis Core I've never played any of the spins offs, so the introduction to Nero/Weiss and Deepground I found interesting. Hopefully we'll get some more DLC as I feel Part 2 is still some way off.

Irwin99

Bahamut/Ifrit then Ramuh then Prototype is every bit a bitch as I imagined it to be.

Did you attempt the Weiss fight @Irwin99?
No I didn't fancy it if i'm honest. Is it tough? Btw I thought Leviathan would be in this dlc? That's Wutai's god isn't it?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
No I didn't fancy it if i'm honest. Is it tough? Btw I thought Leviathan would be in this dlc? That's Wutai's god isn't it?
I’ve only tried it once but I got obliterated so I’m going to do it after I’ve defeated the Pride and Joy prototype fight.

Leviathan is the Wutai god IIRC but it isn’t in the DLC. I am glad they’re expanding upon the Shinra/Wutai storyline though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Love it when you get a great screenshot for the Platinum

Really wish Part 2 was closer but they’ve not even announced it yet so guessing it’s going to be at least 2023 until we get it?

lilcurt

Love it when you get a great screenshot for the Platinum

Really wish Part 2 was closer but they’ve not even announced it yet so guessing it’s going to be at least 2023 until we get it?
I really worry that if they don't get part 2 out before FF16 we will be waiting till 2024/25 for this.

I just can't see them releasing it within 12 months of the next game as they will want to maximise sales and inevitable DLC.

Well done on the platinum btw, don't know if I have the patience for this one.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I really worry that if they don't get part 2 out before FF16 we will be waiting till 2024/25 for this.

I just can't see them releasing it within 12 months of the next game as they will want to maximise sales and inevitable DLC.

Well done on the platinum btw, don't know if I have the patience for this one.
Feel like fours years would be a very long wait, especially considering it’s going to be a trilogy at the very least. FFXIII’s trilogy were all released within four years of each other so I’d hope we’d have something similar for this.

Hard mode isn’t overly hard for the most part - you just have to manage your MP well. Chapter 17 and 18 are tough because you face a lot of bosses without the ability to replenish your MP, but so long as you get your set up right you should be OK!

evil_geko

Started playing this on Normal, highest difficulty I was offered and isn't the game too easy? I am on Chapter 6 and not one party member was downed yet, bosses were pretty easy etc. Does it get harder later on?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Started playing this on Normal, highest difficulty I was offered and isn't the game too easy? I am on Chapter 6 and not one party member was downed yet, bosses were pretty easy etc. Does it get harder later on?
It does get tougher around Wall Mart but it never gets hard. The game feels much better on hard mode imho but only because of mp management.

evil_geko

It does get tougher around Wall Mart but it never gets hard. The game feels much better on hard mode imho but only because of mp management.
Is hard mode unlocked after beating the game I would guess?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Is hard mode unlocked after beating the game?
Yup and you can select chapters so if you think early game is too easy you can jump straight to harder ones, though you need to beat them all for the platinum. Theres one fight in particular on chapter 9, hard mode thats a real challenge and probably worth the price of the game alone.

evil_geko

Yup and you can select chapters so if you think early game is too easy you can jump straight to harder ones, though you need to beat them all for the platinum. Theres one fight in particular on chapter 9, hard mode thats a real challenge and probably worth the price of the game alone.
Ok, cheers.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s that time of the year again where I want to play all the final fantasy games. I didn’t play through hard mode last time I had this downloaded but picked it up again and oof, the bosses really require you to think and strategise now.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It’s that time of the year again where I want to play all the final fantasy games. I didn’t play through hard mode last time I had this downloaded but picked it up again and oof, the bosses really require you to think and strategise now.
Yeah some of the boss fights are awesome on hard.

Red_Aaron

It's a much better game on hard mode, hopefully that's an option from the start on the next one as I found regular mode a bit boring

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hell house is a cnut on hard. I get it to the last 5-10%ish pretty comfortably and then struggle like feck to finish it off.

Reactions: esmufc07

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m playing the DLC before I get onto crisis core and feck me, I just can’t do the bahamut strat in the top secret simulator fight. Don’t have the reaction times for games anymore. :(

Also what annoys me is that the scaling between the difficulty in this battle and everything else is daft. I know it’s meant to be hard but I breezed through hard mode on intermission barely getting hurt by the last two bosses (it’s too easy with the right set up) but this one requires you to time everything perfectly.

Last edited: