Gaming Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) | Put discussion of chapters etc in labelled spoilers as people will be at different points

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Just finished this and it was amazing. Probably the best game I've played this generation.
I haven't played the original...not sure if I should or just wait for part 2.

The only other FF ive played is FFXV which was pretty shit. I don't get how the same developer can make something so good and something so bad...

Can anyone recommend something similar to play after 7 Remake? And is the full soundtrack avaliable to buy?

Irwin99

Just finished this and it was amazing. Probably the best game I've played this generation.
I haven't played the original...not sure if I should or just wait for part 2.

The only other FF ive played is FFXV which was pretty shit. I don't get how the same developer can make something so good and something so bad...

Can anyone recommend something similar to play after 7 Remake? And is the full soundtrack avaliable to buy?
Do you like turn based combat or do you have any experience with those games/JRPGs? ( Persona 5 for instance). If you're ok with that and not too fussy about modern graphics then i'd recommend FF9 and FF10 as good starters for the series. They're quite old games and they use a turn based combat system but they're highly regarded in the series. Both have great soundtracks too.

Also, although I wasn't keen on it myself, Nier Automata is an action RPG that's very well regarded by a lot of people. Might be worth checking out.

Last edited:

Bojan11

Final Fantasy VII Remake‘s second installment has entered full development, according to a staff interview published by Famitsu this week.

The magazine spoke with several key members on the development team including director Tetsuya Nomura. Here’s what he had to say when asked about the release timing for the next entry in the project:

“We know that everyone wants the next installment quickly. We would also like to deliver it as soon as possible. Since we were also able to see the line of quality from the first installment, we hope to make the next installment even better in quality that can make for an even better experience. We would like to get it out as soon as possible, so please wait for it. I think we can clearly convey the direction when we officially announce the next installmen
https://novacrystallis.com/2020/07/final-fantasy-vii-remakes-second-part-is-in-full-development/

el3mel

This was really an incredible game for me, and the only thing I didn't like was some side quests that weren't that good but overall, a very fun ride from start to finish. Has no problem with the ending either, felt like the ending of first season of an anime.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Can't wait for the sequel. This is the only game I have platinumed ever. Hell it's one of the very low percentage of games I even beat.

SuperiorXI

Loved the first part aside from the side quests and the ending.

Cloud chopping up buildings like he's chopping melon. The end bosse(s) were shite and the whole altering time bollocks.

Surprised they've only just started development. I thought it would be more of an ongoing cyclic thing.

Bojan11

The head of the Japanese games group behind the hit Final Fantasy series has warned that Covid-19 has caused “time to stand still” on production of new titles, threatening to undermine an industry boost from global lockdowns.

Yosuke Matsuda, chief executive of Square Enix, told the Financial Times in an interview that while the $145bn sector had benefited from people spending more time at home due to coronavirus lockdowns, social distancing restrictions had hit development pipelines for new games.

“There is also a considerable impact on the production side. It will resonate in the future. What we are selling now may have provided some positive aspects, but on the negative side time has stood still in terms of production. We couldn't develop anything. That is where the impact will come,” said Mr Matsuda, whose company has annual revenues of $2.5bn.