Gaming Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)

evil_geko

FF finished for me after FF9, won't include FF10 just because of annoying Tidus. FF15 was pretty bad. They literally don't know what to do with this franchise anymore. But there will always be people who will buy it just for the name I guess.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Setting looks great, a definite buy, eventually.

Odd that they’re playing a track from VII in the background, has that been used in other games?
This one?

It's been a recurring theme throughout FF, though it wasn't in FF7. Unless you mean a different theme?

Raw

Do like the medieval FF games.

Is it me or are the graphics really underwhelming? FF games are usually graphically brilliant so I expected more from a next gen game.

lilcurt

Do like the medieval FF games.

Is it me or are the graphics really underwhelming? FF games are usually graphically brilliant so I expected more from a next gen game.
I imagine it will also be in PS4 so is maybe early footage.

BristolRuss

"Playstation 5 console exclusive*

*Not available on other platforms for a limited time after release on PS5."

Sounds like it's a timed exclusive only then.

Xeno

FF finished for me after FF9, won't include FF10 just because of annoying Tidus. FF15 was pretty bad. They literally don't know what to do with this franchise anymore. But there will always be people who will buy it just for the name I guess.
XII was great?

Zen86

Hm. Looks a bit game of thronesy, wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up a Witcher 3 knockoff. The series has lost its way a bit.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
XII was good though the characters were a bit naff. XIII I actually enjoyed the battle system but everything else was shocking. XV I enjoyed the first half and thought it was a good game but then the second half kicked in and it went downhill massively

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The game is developed by Squares 3rd Division, which is lead by a certain Naoki Yoshida, who is also the producer of the game. That is the guy who turned the absolute fiasco that was FF XIV into the best received MMORPG in the world. He is probably the most capable dev of the whole company. Save to say that the game will be in very good hands.

Raw

The game is developed by Squares 3rd Division, which is lead by a certain Naoki Yoshida, who is also the producer of the game. That is the guy who turned the absolute fiasco that was FF XIV into the best received MMORPG in the world. He is probably the most capable dev of the whole company. Save to say that the game will be in very good hands.
Good to hear.

Irwin99

Final Witcher Fantasy Dragon Age 16 :eek: I'm cautiously optimistic about the darker tone. I usually hate all these arguments over sci-fi vs traditional fantasy setting (they're both great) but the setting makes a change and looks fresh. Even though I don't like 12 all that much I wouldn't say no to a more political FF plot either.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Apparently that Matsuno guy is involved too and he's made some great stuff before (FF Tactics). I'm getting good "back to roots" vibes from the trailer, and FFVII remake was great, think it was where they finally found their footing on how to make a "modern" FF combat system. So.. hyped!

Bojan11

According to Jason Schrier it’s been in development for four years and will be out sooner than people think. Unlucky @esmufc07.

Cloud7

This will probably be the game that will prompt me to buy the PS5 when the game releases. As it is I have no interest in any of the titles being released around the launch of the system.

AaronRedDevil

I still can’t believe this and God of War will come out next year. It’s too good to be true.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Vivi is probably one of my favourite FF characters. Hope there's another FF sale on PS4 soon so I can get VIII or IX with the £10 PlayStation gave us and play through one of them again.
Sure they were on sale a few weeks ago with the Big Japanese sale - they’ll no doubt go on again before Xmas.

pacifictheme

Vivi is probably one of my favourite FF characters. Hope there's another FF sale on PS4 soon so I can get VIII or IX with the £10 PlayStation gave us and play through one of them again.
Played ff8 earlier this year and really enjoyed it. Got the platinum.

I loved 9 back in the day but I have found the battle system has aged really badly, specifically the speed. Even with 3x speed on it felt slow. Will eventually get back to it probably.