Firmino or Martial...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Firmino is still a player who does the simple things very well. Those players win you league titles. United have too many players like Rashford, Pogba, Martial who are capable of as much if not more magic than Firmino but they cannot do the simple things well and make things far too difficult.
He does feck all. Juan Mata does the ‘simple things well’. He receives exaggerated praise for the ‘other things’ he does because he’s so rubbish at the main things he should be doing. Goals aside, Liverpool’s attacks largely take place around him, and Mane and Salah have to either create for each other, or do most of the work themselves. In the majority of games, you could easily forget he is on the pitch at all.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He does feck all. Juan Mata does the ‘simple things well’. He receives exaggerated praise for the ‘other things’ he does because he’s so rubbish at the main things he should be doing. Goals aside, Liverpool’s attacks largely take place around him, and Mane and Salah have to either create for each other, or do most of the work themselves. In the majority of games, you could easily forget he is on the pitch at all.
Some of yous are absolute clueless. Really think Liverpool won the league with 99 points and the Champions League with a number 9 centre forward who “does feck all”

Putting “simple things well“ in inverted commas when the fact they’ve got a team full of players who do that that is why they’re so much better than us. United fans are far about decent-YouTube-comps nowadays. We’re the new Arsenal.

Jibbs

Some of yous are absolute clueless. Really think Liverpool won the league with 99 points and the Champions League with a number 9 centre forward who “does feck all”

Putting “simple things well“ in inverted commas when the fact they’ve got a team full of players who do that that is why they’re so much better than us. United fans are far about decent-YouTube-comps nowadays. We’re the new Arsenal.
That poster comments in hyperbole. Knows feck all about football actually.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

I don’t use equation to determine his ability. Yes, Liverpool won the league. But I watch the games, and he offers little that many other less heralded players could not come in and replace. You don’t need XI top players to be a top team. Liverpool have some of the league’s best players in other positions. Including the attacking third. Firmino needs to just largely do his bit in terms of effort and pressing, and if he’s moved to, actually contribute something every now and then. That isn’t the limit, or even close, for a ‘number 9 centre forward’ in a top team. He’s more than one level below his fellow forwards, yet has conned people into claiming he’s just as good.

Take goals away, and he is still far less contributory than both Mané and Salah. They are more involved and better in all phases of the game than Firmino.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I don’t use equation to determine his ability. Yes, Liverpool won the league. But I watch the games, and he offers little that many other less heralded players could not come in and replace. You don’t need XI top players to be a top team. Liverpool have some of the league’s best players in other positions. Including the attacking third. Firmino needs to just largely do his bit in terms of effort and pressing, and if he’s moved to, actually contribute something every now and then. That isn’t the limit, or even close, for a ‘number 9 centre forward’ in a top team. He’s more than one level below his fellow forwards, yet has conned people into claiming he’s just as good.

Take goals away, and he is still far less contributory than both Mané and Salah. They are more involved and better in all phases of the game than Firmino.
I agree that there’s players who do what Firmino does as I call “the basics” but are also explosively brilliant goalscorers and Liverpool could do with upgrading him. Just think we should also recognise that his simple effectiveness is also a major asset.