Firmino

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He’s quietly having an excellent season. I love the way he brings our other forwards into play. I’m not sure we’d be as good with a proper number 9 like Kane or Lukaku. Both of them are better centre forwards but Firmino gives us so much both on and off the ball.

Terrible goal celebrations though.

AshRK

He is playing for a perfect where his style is used to his full. His all round movement is also amazing but my only complain with him is he massively depends on other attackers to have a great game. Which is why when either salah or mane have a bad game he also goes missing. But having said that 16 goals already is an amazing feat.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
He’s quietly having an excellent season. I love the way he brings our other forwards into play. I’m not sure we’d be as good with a proper number 9 like Kane or Lukaku. Both of them are better centre forwards but Firmino gives us so much both on and off the ball.

Terrible goal celebrations though.
I mean Kane is a different kettle of fish for me, a complete forward who's not only an unbelievable goalscorer but superb in his link-up play too, but with Lukaku I would agree and I get the general idea of what you're saying.

I do think Firmino can be a bit wasteful at times and that's probably why people have talked about Liverpool getting a 'proper' CF, but he's selfless, creates space brilliantly for those around him and is excellent at building up play and advancing transitions.

In that sense, I think you have to accept he's not perfect as very few CF's are good enough to do what he does on and off-the-ball in terms of all-round play AND bury every good chance they get.

And with the goals he's got and the number Liverpool have scored as a team, clearly they can often afford to waste one or two good chances because you're creating so many.

Alabaster Codify7

I despise the look of him.
The weird hair, the bleached teeth, the way his head looks 3 sizes too big for his scrawny body.

The effeminate, lollipop-headed tool can play football mind. Really good player.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Pool have put together a really good front 3 fed by Coutinho. Thank fk they have a championship level defence behind them and Klopp doesn’t seem to bother with improving it. Not that they have the funds needed to rebuild the defence anyway.

Rafateria

Pool have put together a really good front 3 fed by Coutinho. Thank fk they have a championship level defence behind them and Klopp doesn’t seem to bother with improving it. Not that they have the funds needed to rebuild the defence anyway.
We clearly have the funds .... or did you not follow last Summer at all ? Lemar and VVD both lined up for massive fees (after the Coutinho, 'no sale' had been issued).

Claude Cat

Supports
Liverpool
Love how underrated he is and how little attention he gets compared to Coutinho/Salah.

Let’s him quietly get on with it, probably the most important player in getting Klopp’s style to work.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Love how underrated he is and how little attention he gets compared to Coutinho/Salah.

Let’s him quietly get on with it, probably the most important player in getting Klopp’s style to work.
Great thing is he doesn't know too much English either so he's never up for post match interviews and I doubt he listens or knows a word about what the media in this country say about him. That might not seem big but compared to some players we've had who mention how much press negativity gets to them, is a welcome relief.
Just let's him get on with being a vital cog in the machine.
The postive thing is he functioned well without Phil earlier on in the season when he had Mane and Salah either side. He's a multiplier and makes others better but he won't work as well if the balance is off.
One negative is his deal has 2.5 years to run and he doesn't seem to have signed an extension yet. We really do need to start winning trophies again and escape this barren run.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
He is a very important cog in Jurgen Klopp's system.

If Real Madrid insist on letting Cristiano Ronaldo be their focal point, Firminho is the ideal replacement for Benzema.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Such a good player. Most underrated in the league, imo.

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
He is a very important cog in Jurgen Klopp's system.

If Real Madrid insist on letting Cristiano Ronaldo be their focal point, Firminho is the ideal replacement for Benzema.
:nono:

Shhhhhh.... Id prefer if this was kept on the downlow. Lets go back to him not being a 20+ goal a season striker and therefore not good enough. :D

izec

He has improved and upped his game since his Hoffenheim days. The way he brings others into play is fantastic

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The finish was absolutely brilliant. Perfectly weighted and directed.

The guy is certainly effective.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Who was the other player we were after that we picked over Firmino a few years ago? Firmino's proving an excellent player you have to say. Whoever we got over him obviously flopped. Think it was Memphis, not sure. His Hair was super annoying with the top knot (sadly like de gea now) but he seems like a likable player and looks like he has fun when he plays. Good shout for whoever said he would be a good replacement for Benzema, as he's the ideal forward to link wide forwards into play but also maintain a decent output himself.

bebeanderson

Who was the other player we were after that we picked over Firmino a few years ago? Firmino's proving an excellent player you have to say. Whoever we got over him obviously flopped. Think it was Memphis, not sure. His Hair was super annoying with the top knot (sadly like de gea now) but he seems like a likable player and looks like he has fun when he plays. Good shout for whoever said he would be a good replacement for Benzema, as he's the ideal forward to link wide forwards into play but also maintain a decent output himself.
Jose would make him chase long balls and play in numerical inferiority, I'm not sure it would've worked that well.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I think he is playing out of his skin and well above his normal level under Klopp, maybe its cause, it is a world cup year afterall and his place as a starter isnt guaranteed.
The way he is playing though is fantastic, his running is great and was one of the main reasons city couldnt build from the back. I think that game will be analyzed a lot by rest of league on how to go about facing City.

Mailo

I feel he's a light version of Suarez the way he hustles and bustles with defenders. Think he's s real pita to play against.

Charles Miller

I think he is playing out of his skin and well above his normal level under Klopp, maybe its cause, it is a world cup year afterall and his place as a starter isnt guaranteed.
The way he is playing though is fantastic, his running is great and was one of the main reasons city couldnt build from the back. I think that game will be analyzed a lot by rest of league on how to go about facing City.
I think his stats are very similar to his time in the Bundesliga. He is not a world beater but tend to be underrated sometimes. After his goal against City someone posted in the game thread: "how Stones lets a player like Firmino bully him out of the ball"..i mean, even something basic like this, his work rate, the constant pressing over the defenders, he is the striker who won more tackles, not even that they want give to him.

IAmAWinner

We should have signed this guy ahead of Depay. Unfortunately Depay's hype was really high summer 2015, so yeah hindsight is great.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Massively underrated. He does so much good work off the ball that goes unnoticed but at least he’s starting to back it up with numbers. 17 goals and 9 assists so far.

Currently outscoring Lukaku, Morata and Lacazette and having a fantastic season.

NotBrendanRodgers honest

Supports
Liverpool
20 goals and 8 assists this season, such a ridiculously underrated striker, can score so many different types of goals and works relentlessly! I think he is probably our most important player atm

bebeanderson

I wish Tite would play him with Ney and Willian being Mane and Salah, and emulate Lpool a bit. When he drops deep and the wingers stretch the backline, things happen.

Womp

idiot
Guy doesn't get tired. Not sure about the stats, but surely he's amongst the hardest working players in the league? Never seems to stop running

Fenomeno9

Firmino is very underrated. Good to see him play great this season. Needs to show this kind of play for the NT though. He has been pretty average to poor for us.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Firmino is very underrated. Good to see him play great this season. Needs to show this kind of play for the NT though. He has been pretty average to poor for us.
Ah the days when Firmino was behind Ricardo Oliveria in the pecking order....:drool:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Guy doesn't get tired. Not sure about the stats, but surely he's amongst the hardest working players in the league? Never seems to stop running
There was an image posted a while back that showed he made the most tackles and interceptions from all of the forwards in the league since the beginning of either 2015 or 2016.