Firmino

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Wonder if their fans have tuned on him like many on here have done so with Lukaku.
No because Firmino is the opposite of a frustrating player. He's still trying his best, working hard, doing loads for the team and everyone at the club and in the team loves him. One spell where not everything is going for him definitely won't change that.

Vadim

No because Firmino is the opposite of a frustrating player. He's still trying his best, working hard, doing loads for the team and everyone at the club and in the team loves him. One spell where not everything is going for him definitely won't change that.
To be fair everyone involved with LFC gets treated like a god unless his name is Roy Hodgson.

Klopp is like the return of Christ.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
To be fair everyone involved with LFC gets treated like a god unless his name is Roy Hodgson.

Klopp is like the return of Christ.
Makes a nice change from the knee-jerking Utd fans on here who only need a split-second to throw their players under the bus if given the opportunity ;)

Vadim

Makes a nice change from the knee-jerking Utd fans on here who only need a split-second to throw their players under the bus if given the opportunity ;)
Can’t disagree with that. It’s true, you guys vastly overrate your players and managers. We vastly underrate ours.

lifted

He didn't really start scoring until December last season. His performance levels are probably lower, but I reckon he'll come good again pretty soon.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Can’t disagree with that. It’s true, you guys vastly overrate your players and managers. We vastly underrate ours.
You guys overrate your players too. People on here were saying Bailey was better than Van Dijk, and lets not forgot the Rashford vs Mbappe comparison or even Herrera vs Kante.

Nothing wrong with supporting your manager

Vadim

You guys overrate your players too. People on here were saying Bailey was better than Van Dijk, and lets not forgot the Rashford vs Mbappe comparison or even Herrera vs Kante.

Nothing wrong with supporting your manager
Who said that about Bailly? That’s just silly.

And no there is nothing wrong with supporting your manager. Huge framed oil paintings of Rafa Benitez was a little odd though.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
That usually depends on time of year. You mostly spend the season underrating your players and bemoaning how much better we are as a team than you are. Then come the summer, everyone gets reset to "on paper" status, with form long past played and sometime during july you all conclude that your squad is vastly better than ours and Mata is possibly better than Coutinho.

The transfer business this summer seems to have put a dampener on this phenomenon though.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Who said that about Bailly? That’s just silly.
You still get loads here saying Van Dijk is just Smalling with ballplaying ability.

And no there is nothing wrong with supporting your manager. Huge framed oil paintings of Rafa Benitez was a little odd though.
I found it hilarious. I don't think anyone took it as more than humouristic.

Vadim

That usually depends on time of year. You mostly spend the season underrating your players and bemoaning how much better we are as a team than you are. Then come the summer, everyone gets reset to "on paper" status, with form long past played and sometime during july you all conclude that your squad is vastly better than ours and Mata is possibly better than Coutinho.

The transfer business this summer seems to have put a dampener on this phenomenon though.
You have seen the infamous Scouse Boom Bust graphic I take it?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

:lol: Reading your post make it sound like you are like Bayern who dominates everything and we are like Schalke or some other team. How many times were Liverpool better than ManUtd in last 10-15 years? Or even after SAF left?

IIRC Liverpool finished above ManUtd only twice in 5 years. In one of the year we won Europa league + league cup and Liverpool won nothing.

RyRoc

He was under-rated before Klopp called him the most under-rated striker in the world, funnily enough since then he's become over-rated.

haram

Almost 2 months since he’s scored in the league. Not a word about this anywhere.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Another player linked for cheap to us that we failed to finalize. Would do much better in the Mata role or wherever you slot him.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Brilliant player who is probably not appreciated outside of Anfield for what he does. He's never going to be our top scorer but his workrate and ability to bring in others around him is top class. £29m from Hoffenheim has looked like a steal since Klopp took over

B20

Supports
Liverpool
He's fantastic. When he plays well, everything goes well.

That cut back was terrific.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Brilliant player who is probably not appreciated outside of Anfield for what he does. He's never going to be our top scorer but his workrate and ability to bring in others around him is top class. £29m from Hoffenheim has looked like a steal since Klopp took over
Yeah absolute bargain, I think you put him in another side and he contributes less, klopp is getting the extra out of him and the system works perfectly for him.

Also not reliant on him for goals because of Salah and Mane which takes the pressure off, huge fan of him myself.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
At the time we signed him, United signed Depay and I remember thinking I preferred the latter. What a signing he has been, well done Rodgers/Committee.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Really shone under Klopp though.
Yeah I don't think Rodgers ever really wanted him. Didn't seem to know what to do with him or care much about it.

Was a classic pattern with him and committee signings. Employed as utility players where there are gaps to fill with little thought or care for how to actually get the best out of them.

Still annoys me how callous and irresponsible he was towards those players under his care.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
He is such a classy player, and he works his socks off for the team. Salah and Mané may take the headlines, but Firmino is the one who makes it all tick.

ash_86

He absolutely makes them tick. His holdup play and the way he brings players into the game is beautiful to watch.

Teja

Qft. Would love to hate him but it's hard to.
The current batch of Pool players all seem like a good bunch annoyingly enough (TAA, Mane, Salah, Firmino etc.). None of the Stevie Starfish hipocrisy or plain cnutishness like Mascherano. Klopp's an annoying twat though, so we got that going for us.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
The current batch of Pool players all seem like a good bunch annoyingly enough (TAA, Mane, Salah, Firmino etc.). None of the Stevie Starfish hipocrisy or plain cnutishness like Mascherano. Klopp's an annoying European Cup winning twat though, so we got that going for us.
Fixed it for you

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Firmino isn't their best player by any means but he's a world class forward and when he plays well he elevates the team to a whole other level. More so than Mané or Salah

thomas porter

I agree with all of this. The way he creates space for Mane and Salah to run into is exceptional.

Its funny because 10 years ago he would have never gotten a minute in the #9 spot in the UK and now he's the absolute perfect foil for your other attackers. 29m is definitely a steal.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
29m is a steal considering Joelinton cost 40+m and didn't have 30% of Firmino's production in Hoffenheim

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah absolute bargain, I think you put him in another side and he contributes less, klopp is getting the extra out of him and the system works perfectly for him.

Also not reliant on him for goals because of Salah and Mane which takes the pressure off, huge fan of him myself.
The entire Liverpool frontline were steals though. Mane for 35m and Salah for 37m are even bigger bargains

M Bison

Supports
York City
The entire Liverpool frontline were steals though. Mane for 35m and Salah for 37m are even bigger bargains
They were and no one could have predicted how they’d gel, Neville’s point about a bit of luck in recruitment is true. There’s obviously a lot of science to it as well but you do need some luck along the way.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
Well, if NYTimes and Liverpool's moneyball approach is to be believed then it wasn't luck at all: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/magazine/soccer-data-liverpool.html
That was an interesting read, thanks for sharing. I actually thought the club had moved away from the moneyball way, but it looks like they have developed further on it, even to the point where it is the statistic department which recommends transfers instead of scouts, like with Keita.

jesperjaap

He is so under rated, most important player in that front three for me. He presses like Tevez and Rooney used to, he isnt flashy so it doesnt get talked about much but his technique is absolutely superb, he knits things together with a great football brain, very intelligent player in a different way to how Sheringham was in his pomp. Always rated him but he didnt seem like a striker for me, has adapted and is one of the best in the world in his position.

Individually I think a lot of the Liverpool side are over rated as players, Firmino certainly isnt one of them

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Better than a Cavani ? I love these type of forwards. Gutted Liverpool have him and hope a Barca come in for him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m not a massive believer in ‘underrated players’ in general tbh. And this isn’t some anti-Liverpool thing, the same applies to Michael Carrick (who has become better and better on the caf since he retired). If you are that good, you would be that good. Firminho is rated just as he’s supposed to be. A very good player in most people’s opinion. Whatever ‘good work he does for the team’, he’s no Kane or Aguero, and as a result isn’t spoken about as such.

We can’t just remove prolific goalscoring from a striker and see it as some irrelevant oversight.

Ekeke

Perhaps the best linkup striker around at the moment. So many of Pool's goals come from his buildup play

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I’m not a massive believer in ‘underrated players’ in general tbh. And this isn’t some anti-Liverpool thing, the same applies to Michael Carrick (who has become better and better on the caf since he retired). If you are that good, you would be that good. Firminho is rated just as he’s supposed to be. A very good player in most people’s opinion. Whatever ‘good work he does for the team’, he’s no Kane or Aguero, and as a result isn’t spoken about as such.

We can’t just remove prolific goalscoring from a striker and see it as some irrelevant oversight.
We can if that role is filled by others in the team.

Bergkamp was not especially prolific, nor was Cantona. It wasn't their job to top those charts even though they were forwards.

When you had people thinking Lukaku was better than firmino there is definitely a case of over and under rating happening.

OL29

I keep seeing him being called underrated in here, how can that be so if pretty much everyone says that he’s underrated? It annoys me when reversed too, I constantly see people refer to someone like Jordan Henderson as overrated, but if everyone unanimously agrees that he’s not as good as made out to be, surely the consensus should shift?