First Choice XI now

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It depends how good Telles is and whether Solskjaer is brave enough to drop Pogba.

For me I'd like to see this given a go:

-----------Henderson
Tuanzebe Maguire Shaw
AWB Fred Matic Telles
---------------Bruno
------Greenwood Martial

Chances for Williams/James at RWB
Cavani/Rashford/Igahalo interchangeable
3 positions for VdB

ghagua

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka Mengi/Tuanzebe Maguire Telles

VdB McTominay/Fred

Greenwood Bruno Rashford

Cavani

I know there will be some fight in this team. Maguire gets in there as default as we have no one better. Shaw is unlucky to get dropped, but we need some attack from the back. Wan-Bisska just gets in there for now, but he better buck up and show some positional awareness, otherwise Williams gets in there.

OleGunnar20

Henderson
Williams - Mengi / Tuanzebe - Bailly - Telles
VDB - Fred - Bruno
Greenwood - Martial - Rashford

simplyared

........................Henderson
Williams.....Lindelöf......Maguire......Shaw
.................VDB............ Matic
..........................Bruno
Greenwood.......Cavani........Rashford

Last edited:

MrSingh2002

442 Diamond

Henderson
AWB Tuanzebe Mengi Telles
Matic
Pogba VdB
Fernandes
Cavani Rashford

Or

Henderson
AWB Tuanzebe Mengi Telles
Pogba Matic
Mata Fernandes Rashford
Cavani

Shiva87

Ole is being very tactically naive with his squad since restart. Let's hope that he can adapt to a bigger squad and start playing to the strengths of his players.

King Andow

----------------------------Henderson
Williams/Laird--Tuanzebe-Mengi/Fish--Telles
--------------------------------Matic
----McTominay/Fred-----------Fernandes
---------------------------------DVB
-------------------Greenwood--Martial

Maybe It'll work with better attacking FBs. Maguire, Bailly and Lindelöf already showed that they're not good enough, I want to see the kids when they're fit, can't be much worse and the others won't lead us to any title anyway. McTominay should be fine in that role and Pogba can get in if he finds some form. The attack should link up well and we'd have Rashford from the bench, Elanga should get a chance too. Never happening but we should try.

Last edited:

Cantonagotmehere

I cannot put Pogba in with his recent efforts. Maybe a rest will do him well and he can get back in soon. I'd shove in Telles right away, something....anything. Cavani too, suspension or not for Martial. Bailly just cannot give us any consistency. I think we have to go VL until a youngin' can play. Hopefully sooner than later (I'd have kept Smalling if the relationship was not fractured)

DDG
AWB - Victor - Harry- Telles
------------Fred/Matic--------
---Pogba--------------VDB
-------------Bruno-----------------
Cavani--------------------Rashford

MrSingh2002

I can't take any lineups seriously that include Maguire/Bailly/Lindelof after the recent performances.

If Tuanzebe is back fit he comes in and plays with Mengi as first choice partnership. Give them a run of 10 games as they cannot be worse than the rest.

I'd rather see Rojo start over the other 3 in the next game and VdB has to start no doubt about it. He's been patient enough already.

the chameleon

Maguire is not being dropped. You may have some agenda against him, but that doesn't change the fact that he is our best defender. In fact, it's not even close. It's about who partners Maguire, not about leaving him out. I don't think he should be captain, but you don't improve the team by taking out the best players...
I thought a forum is where you get people with diverse opinions and share their opinions.

In this case, we are having a hypothetical conversation on what the first 11 should be. There will be various people having different opinions on the starting 11. Some will be more controversial than others. For example, I don't rate Harry Maguire, hence I have restructured the formation to cater for 3 central defenders.

I have no issue with him personally. Sure he's a lovely fella (I'd gladly by him a drink if I bump into him in Mykonos). But on the pitch, he's been the worst defender I've seen in many years. That's my opinion. So deal with it!

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Bailly is trash and Pogba is definitely there on talent but he needs dropping right now, given the respective form of him and Van de Beek. Matic too, not sure, I might pick Fred or McT.
Totally agree. Need to see DVB in placeof Pogba until Pogba gets his endurance back or whatever the hell is wrong with him. I would like for us to stick with Lideloff and Maguire in hopes that they can find last year's reasonable form. Bailly is just too damn erratic.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I thought a forum is where you get people with diverse opinions and share their opinions.

In this case, we are having a hypothetical conversation on what the first 11 should be. There will be various people having different opinions on the starting 11. Some will be more controversial than others. For example, I don't rate Harry Maguire, hence I have restructured the formation to cater for 3 central defenders.

I have no issue with him personally. Sure he's a lovely fella (I'd gladly by him a drink if I bump into him in Mykonos). But on the pitch, he's been the worst defender I've seen in many years. That's my opinion. So deal with it!
Maguire is indeed our best CB, not that that is saying a whole lot.

JPB

People turning on Wan Bissaka is madness.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’d go diamond shape the following:

Ddg

AWB
Baily
Maguire
Telles

Matic
Fred
VDB
Bruno

Martial
Rashford

Pav1878

People turning on Wan Bissaka is madness.
Is it though? He's been very poor. Offers little going forward. He's supposed to be hard to beat and has shown signs of this, but for the best part of a year he can't stop a cross coming in and is caught out of position all the time.

Like the lad but he isn't performing at the moment.

Pav1878

For me:

AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Telles
Fred VDB
Fernandes
Greenwood Cavani Martial

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
De Gea
AWB Lindelöf Maguire Telles
Pogba Van de Beek
Rashford Bruno Martial
Cavani

joedirt87

Because were so bad at using width i would like to see a diamond, let Pogba actually get forward. having an extra midfielder like Fred may let us control things a little better and help in defense. If we have to play counter attacking football Martial and Rashford can drift wide to exploit the space. I also like that it takes a lot of pressure off Greenwood to perform immediately.

DDG
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Fred Matic Pogba
Fernandes
Martial Rashford

Red_Orchestra

-----------------------DDG
AWB---Lindelof----Maguire----Telles
----------------Fred--------VDB
Greenwood----Bruno----Rashford
----------------------Martial

Pogba needs dropping, I'd rather have a pair of high energy b2b midfielders with Fred and VDB.

Lentwood

For me there is one simple combination that absolutely cannot, under any circumstances, play together - and that is Pogba and Matic in CM

We MIGHT get away with playing Matic as a DM when we play team and hit teams on the counter. We CANNOT play Pogba in CM/DM at all. Absolute total liability.

My team would be four defenders and then a flat midfield of Fernandes, Van de Beek and Fred. I would then use Martial/Cavani as the focal point and Rashford/Martial/Greenwood as the inside forwards

It’s basically a copy of Liverpool. Four defenders, three midfielders tasked with working incredibly hard as a compact three and then the forward three swapping positions and making runs between full backs/CBs to unsettle the opposition defence

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Maguire & Lindelof will be the pair. Whether you hate it or no, those two were part of the XI of last season when we finished 3rd. No point changing it now with Bailly or Mensah, these two are far below Maguire & Lindelof. Although I expect Tuanzebe to be given a chance and hopefully able to seal the XI spot without anymore injury.

I prefer us to play more Donny, Fred & Scott over Pogba & Matic in double pivot. They are much more effective to improve our defense as a team and getting the best out of our front four. Play Pogba alongside Bruno only against lesser team that sit deep or use him as impact sub. He only has a year and half in his contract anyway so we might should just start preparing our first choice XI without him.

Telles should be the left back. While we should rotate Williams & Bissaka.

paulscholes18

Wouldn’t mind seeing
Henderson
AWB Maguire Shaw
Williams Matic Telles
Bruno Pogba
Cavani Rashford

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
So many still has Pogba in their team :D. I hope Ole wakes up and bench him.

---------------------Henderson
AWB---Lindelof----Maguire----Telles/Shaw
----------------Fred--------VDB
Greenwood----Bruno----Martial
----------------------Cavani

The_Midfielder

I just have this feeling that Cavani will push himself on the first 11.. Everybody is writing him off.. people are laughing at him.. Ole has given him the Number 7 .. which means if he performs he is first 11 .. so a lot of people might be surprised by him..

Cathy Ferguson

Henderson

AWB Lindelof Maguire Telles

Fred DVDB

Bruno

Greenwood Cavani Rashford​
This midfield would not get as easily overrun as the one with Pogba and Matic, who are also out of form as is Shaw. I rate Lindelöf higher than Bailly, slower but calmer.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Feck it, let’s go all out

—————————Martial/Cavani———————
————Rashford—————Greenwood——
————————Bruno————Matic——————
Telles——————————————————AWB
——————————Maguire—————————
——————— Shaw——Lindelof———————
————————DDG/Henderson———————

DON’T PANIC ™

So many people only swapping out Shaw for Telles thinking that’s enough to turn things around is laughable.

DDG
AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Telles
VDB Matic
Greenwood Bruno Rashford
Martial​

Shaw hasn’t been any worse than AWB but at least Telles is an upgrade. Pogba should be dropped. Cavani should be tried out up front with Martial moved on to the wing with Rashford dropped if he doesn’t improve. Rotate Fred with Matic to keep him fresher.

the chameleon

Maguire is indeed our best CB, not that that is saying a whole lot.
He might be. But I get the impression he’s in it for himself. Doesn’t stick up for teammates, doesn’t see his teammates or fouls them. I actually think he needs to be dropped. This is why we need to move to a back 3 rather than 2 that is guarded by matic. But matic would need VdB aside him in midfield because him and Pogba are to static.

mattsville

I just have this feeling that Cavani will push himself on the first 11.. Everybody is writing him off.. people are laughing at him.. Ole has given him the Number 7 .. which means if he performs he is first 11 .. so a lot of people might be surprised by him..
I think he is going to be the focal of our attack, the likes of Rashford and Martial are going to have to learn to play off him and will at times find themselves on the bench, no concerns for Greenwood, he is a natural. I don't understand why so many on here think he was signed as some bench option that will only come on to give Martial a rest, we just gave him a generous salary no doubt and the number 7 shirt, we have a young attack that is disjointed and needs to gel and be mentored, he cannot do that from the bench. There will be questions about his fitness and he was'nt involved as much with psg etc but they have the likes of mbappe and neymar and if finances were not tight I would say they would have kept him, he should do a very good job here if fit, if there are issues with fitness then we do not have to activate the 2nd year but imo the plan will be to use him as the focal in our attack.

Stretender

Cavani starts for me. Rashford and Martial can fight for left spot. Greenwood on the right.

If anyone needed reminding that we need a number 9, this proves it. Next year sign Haaland. Then we can have Martial, Haaland and Cavani in the final year of Cavani here. Good options.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Henderson for DDG,
VDB for Pogba
Bailly over Lindelof

Fight for places/rotate
Shaw and Telles
Martial and Cavani (though I think Martial probably edges it and Cavani is more of an improvement on Ighalo).

Henderson
AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw/Telles
VDB Fred/Matic
Fernandez
Greenwood Martial/Cavani Rashford
I would like to see more of Mengi and Tuanzebe, where they are in their development and if they can solve our defending problems.

sammyhol

The amount of people in here with AWB at wing back blows my mind.

Jacob

Henderson

AWB - - - - - Lindelöf - - - - Maguire - - - - Telles

Fred

Donny - - - - - - - Bruno

Greenwood - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Martial

Cavani

Bench: DDG, Shaw, Mengi, Matic, Pogba, Mata, Rashford