First game of the season on a Friday !!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Weren’t our last 2 season openers Friday night games as well?
Nope. Bournemouth was on a Sunday (2016) as was West Ham in 2017. We did play the first Friday night game when they introduced it in 2016 - 2nd GW against Southampton.

Canagel

Leicester started on a Friday against Arsenal last season as well. I think we played Friday once at the beginning and that was Pogba's first game back vs Southampton 2016/17 season.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's annoying. I miss more and more games these days because of Friday night rugby league. The push to have football on every single night of the week is ridiculous.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
It's annoying. I miss more and more games these days because of Friday night rugby league. The push to have football on every single night of the week is ridiculous.
Forget every night of the week. The season should be one continuous 24-7 running league with large squads utilised to ensure as one game is ending the next is ready to kick off. Basically there is always a live match at any time of the day. And squad strategy becomes a real logistical challenge alongside the careful strategy considerations mixed in with this.

Can you just imagine the pandemonium.

Minimalist

Hope McGuire goofs up again to let us win like he did against Arsenal last season.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Forget every night of the week. The season should be one continuous 24-7 running league with large squads utilised to ensure as one game is ending the next is ready to kick off. Basically there is always a live match at any time of the day. And squad strategy becomes a real logistical challenge alongside the careful strategy considerations mixed in with this.

I'd love this.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

vodrake

Cock, I have tickets for this. Going to have to take half a day off work to get up in time now.

Feck Friday night matches

ReddyMcRedface

I really like the Friday night games.

I prefer night games generally but hate having to get up for work the following date, Friday nights offer the best of both worlds. Like the idea of kicking the season off as well, the optimist in me likes to think we'll put 4 or 5 past them, end the weekend top on goal difference and then never be removed.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I really like the Friday night games.

I prefer night games generally but hate having to get up for work the following date, Friday nights offer the best of both worlds. Like the idea of kicking the season off as well, the optimist in me likes to think we'll put 4 or 5 past them, end the weekend top on goal difference and then never be removed.
They are good for the reasons you say, particularly if you're going to the game itself. I'm just pissed off from my own selfish perspective that I'm at a rugby game every other Friday and they always seem to double up.

RedPamie

Annoying for me because I have work Saturday early morning. Ughh... Well, a gallon of coffee works well usually.

AshRK

Hate it. Saturday Sunday is one games should be played. Hate these Friday games.

Robertd0803

The opening weekend of the season should have all games played at the same time at Saturday 3pm and feck off tv times.

Also eliminates the whole "we are top of the league" from fans before anyone else plays on a Saturday. Reminds me of opening game 06/07 when Gerrard dived to get a penalty vs Sheff Utd and Liverpool drew 1-1. Was on a train and one idiot Liverpool fan on the phone tried to claim (after the only game played so far) that they were top of the league because they had an "away point".

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I don't mind Friday night football once the season gets going and it's dark by kick off; not so keen for first game of season although I was worried we wouldn't be on at all that weekend so happy enough

Marcky411

Doesn't matter which day or night we start the season, only becomes an issue when the other competitions kick in. The most important thing is that we win, hate to start off a season playing catchup.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Atleast you can go out for a pint while watching, unlike saturday or sunday at 1.

zain

Believe
Why would people hate Friday night games?
They're perfect.
What better way to start the weekend, not to mention not having to wake up early enough on Saturday or Sunday means it doesn't matter that they're on a Friday night.
What's the objection people have? Unless they are making the trip from far away to watch the game and can't due to not being let off from work early enough?

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Friday 20:00
Saturday 11:30
Saturday 15:00
Saturday 17:30
Saturday 20:00
Sunday 12:00
Sunday 14:05
Sunday 16:10
Monday 20:00

We'd be in gifting mood of course, so Saturday at 15:00 can have two matches.

Dudu

OP: There were only about 6 Friday night games last season, so shouldn't be a major issue.

I'm all for Friday night football, whereas Monday night football is an absolute abomination. Plus if last season's Friday night opening game (Arsenal vs Leicester) is anything to go by, then this game should be an absolute cracker!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Friday 20:00
Saturday 11:30
Saturday 15:00
Saturday 17:30
Saturday 20:00
Sunday 12:00
Sunday 14:05
Sunday 16:10
Monday 20:00

We'd be in gifting mood of course, so Saturday at 15:00 can have two matches.
Sat 11.30? Have they changed the 12.30 time, or was yours a typo?

Walters_19_MuFc

Can't wait for the new season to kick off. Really looking forward to see how our new players perform and what system Mourinho goes with.

We've got quite a few players who have progressed to the semi final of the world cup, which means they'll obviously be joining the squad pretty late on. Hopefully we'll have our strongest team out coming Friday 10th August.