First half peasants or come back Kings?

meamth

A game is 90 minutes long. Does it really matter when you score?

I think this whole thing of first half v second half is incredibly over-analysed.
Yes, I'm with you on this.

At the end of the day, the final score is the one we're looking at.

I remember there were days when we won 3-0 in the first half, people complaining in the post match thread we're shite in the 2nd.

I must say that I wasn’t worried in the slightest at half time today.
Yeah, today was one of the games where they've gone behind but clearly been the better team otherwise. Kinda like Sheffield United away, Southampton away, Spurs the other week, and a bunch of other games.

The worrying performances were the ones like West Ham away and both games against Brighton. Luckily haven't been too many of those since the early weeks, when it was genuinely a case of staggering from one week to next, waiting for the luck to run out. Too many of those in a season and you'd expect a serious regression in results eventually.

A-man

It would be nice to take lead a little bit more often so we could make early subs for key players once on a while.

But it would be interesting to see the stats for conceding the first goal for all teams. I would assume that many other teams have lost lead in the game and then not been able to come back.

SAFMUTD

Some stats perspectives.

Man Utd: 13th first half, 1st second half

City: 1sr first half, 3rd second half

Chelsea: 3rd first half, 2nd second half

John Blund

Somehow I get more worried if we score first this season. Under Jose, we knew we'd lost the game if we conceded first.

Strelok

I think it shows that we start games in a dominant manner but are vulnerable at the back. This indicates that we need to either upgrade at CB or DM.

Once teams score against us they may cede the initiative and we currently have a team capable of wearing the opposition down.
Bingo.

GBBQ

Ideally we would be winning those games without conceding first, of course, but these comebacks have to be doing wonders for the mental attitude of the team.

Given that Ole and SAF were no stranger to late winners and unbelievable comebacks its a great trait Ole has brought with him, to instill a mindset to be patient and keep pushing for the winner.

MinGin

It's seems a tactic that we saved the stamina to play a deep defensive line and keep 0-0 record in the one half, and fight in the another half in this toughest fixture. But unfortunately, we always conceded first.
Maybe it is something like Sir Alex or learned from Sir Alex, we do not need to play perfectly every minutes, but kill them (players substitution/ change the match speed etc) within 10-15 minutes is enough to win the games.