Fixture complaint on official website

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyLuke10

It is ridiculous playing 4 games in 10 days, which is as many as a lot of premier league teams play in a month.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Very amateurish and stinks of getting an excuse in early.

Green_Red

There should be a christmas break, pure and simple. If they dont complain it will never happen.

DdeGoat

Petty from the official website. The manager moans enough, they don't need to join in.

BigTimeCharlie

Why can no-one see that although all clubs are playing over the chrostmas period, somehow we have gained an unfair disadvantage compared to City, chelsea, liverpool and arsenal.

Im all for having fixtures over this period but whydowe always have to be worse off compared with everyone else?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why can no-one see that although all clubs are playing over the chrostmas period, somehow we have gained an unfair disadvantage compared to City, chelsea, liverpool and arsenal.

Im all for having fixtures over this period but whydowe always have to be worse off compared with everyone else?
We are always worse off?

InfiniteBoredom

Have never been a fan of the Boxing Day-New Year festive schedule. The football on offer is often shite and you see injuries galore for all teams due to the tough condition.

Complaining may seem petty, but until and unless all clubs do this, there wont be a change. A few bored blokes preferring having football to watch, or 'tradition' aren't good enough excuse to continue on with this farce. One week without any football isn't the end of the world.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There are countless times over the years where the FA have favourably punished us and treated us differently in the same scenario as another club
Can you list the years over the last decade and a half where we had worse fixtures during this period as compared to Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Liverpool?

Darkhorsez

Have never been a fan of the Boxing Day-New Year festive schedule. The football on offer is often shite and you see injuries galore for all teams due to the tough condition.

Complaining may seem petty, but until and unless all clubs do this, there wont be a change. A few bored blokes preferring having football to watch, or 'tradition' aren't good enough excuse to continue on with this farce. One week without any football isn't the end of the world.
Agree with this. As a side note, I found it funny that Chelsea apparently had a similar type analysis on penalties on their website :D

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchest...ture-list-we-have-harder-time-than-our-rivals

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

If we follow your trail of thought for a second, surely by the same token we gained an unfair advantage at the start of the season, compared to everybody else, when we had until the 14th October before playing anybody half decent?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If we follow your trail of thought for a second, surely by the same token we gained an unfair advantage at the start of the season, compared to everybody else, when we had until the 14th October before playing anybody half decent?
What? Who are you or FA to decide which fixture is tough and which is easier? It's not their job and it's disrespecting other teams.

Complain is about gap between the fixtures and if you see the list it's a fair one but official website shouldn't be doing this. Either they should have complained to FA directly or through media using their mouth pieces.

JASR

Official Redcafe Union Rep for City Posters Rights
Supports
City
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41812290
This was written before the OS article.

The 1st graph looks like the OS has a point.
But that’s partly down to the scale starting at 200 rather than 0.
It’s only a day and a half less than most other teams.

The 3rd graph (distance to travel - and hence time sitting on plane/train/coach) is the opposite position for United.

I’d say that Brighton probably have the most reason to complain across those 2 graphs.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41812290
This was written before the OS article.

The 1st graph looks like the OS has a point.
But that’s partly down to the scale starting at 200 rather than 0.
It’s only a day and a half less than most other teams.

The 3rd graph (distance to travel - and hence time sitting on plane/train/coach) is the opposite position for United.

I’d say that Brighton probably have the most reason to complain across those 2 graphs.
fecking hell, Chelsea and Arsenal travel the least distance and have bigger gaps between their games.

It's not just day and half less.
ManUtd - 215 hours
Liverpool - 237 hours (Less than a day)
City - 246 hrs (1 day and 7 hours)
Chelsea- 273 hrs (2 days and 10 hours)
Spurs - 288 hrs (3 days)
Arsenal - 289- (3 days)

So it's only Liverpool and City who have less than 1.5 days advantage, rest all have more than 2 days.

Tbh clubs should get on with it but surely some teams have advantages than others. If it's 5 days for one team and 6 days for other, it won't matter but when you have 3 games in 6-8 days then every day counts.

Last edited:

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
It is ridiculous playing 4 games in 10 days, which is as many as a lot of premier league teams play in a month.
Exactly.
Just another thread in many already on here to shit on Mourinho and club. Ferguson use to complain about it for years but we never saw 'getting excuse early' tripe posted back then.

beedoubleyou

How dare the club have a voice. Why are our fans using anything as a stick to beat ourselves with?

This is a fan forum and it's more toxic than than the below the line comments section of a news website.

I just don't understand why the most vocal section of the Internet has its default setting as either negative or outraged. It's a sickness which isn't unique to The Caf, but it feels like we're quickly reaching stage 4 here. It's creeping into every thread, the match day thread is like Chernobyl.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The article makes a valid point that we're worse off than other big teams.

The first few responses are predictably pathetic.

roonster09

Scout
The article makes a valid point that we're worse off than other big teams.

The first few responses are predictably pathetic.
Expected on bluecafe.net

kotha

I love watching the games non stop this time of the year but it's just madness.. They need to cut down a lot of fixtures,playing 4 days in 10 games is not a good spectacle for anyone..

Maybe the article was written by Jose himself,but what is wrong in showing the times and making a point.. If we can't defend ourselves in our own website then where can we..

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Maybe the FA will take action and demand that we have a decent website.
Post of the thread:lol: Mind you, ours is shite these days since it was revamped last year

On topic, the reason why this is becoming more of an issue at this time of year is because the TV companies want to show an ever increasing number of games over the festive period and have at least 1 live game every day (except Xmas Eve and Xmas Day of course) which screws the schedule up completely. As such, you're going to get so many anomalies between different clubs.

Of course, it's shit for the match-going fans too with all kinds of weird kick-off times on days where travel options via public transport are scarce to non-existent. There was much lobbying from fan groups when it was rumoured that Arsenal v Liverpool would be on Christmas Eve so what do they go and do? Yep, schedule it for a Friday night instead. And any United fan travelling by train to Leicester for tomorrow night's 7.45 kick-off has no chance of getting the rattler back to Manchester after the game, unless they're prepared to kip on the tiles at Birmingham New Street before getting the train back home from there on Sunday morning: https://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable#Journey/LEICESTER/MANCHESTER (ANY)/23/12/17/21/30/Leave After//////Leave After/1/0//

Post of the thread:lol: Mind you, ours is shite these days since it was revamped last year

On topic, the reason why this is becoming more of an issue at this time of year is because the TV companies want to show an ever increasing number of games over the festive period and have at least 1 live game every day (except Xmas Eve and Xmas Day of course) which screws the schedule up completely. As such, you're going to get so many anomalies between different clubs.

Of course, it's shit for the match-going fans too with all kinds of weird kick-off times on days where travel options via public transport are scarce to non-existent. There was much lobbying from fan groups when it was rumoured that Arsenal v Liverpool would be on Christmas Eve so what do they go and do? Yep, schedule it for a Friday night instead. And any United fan travelling by train to Leicester for tomorrow night's 7.45 kick-off has no chance of getting the rattler back to Manchester after the game, unless they're prepared to kip on the tiles at Birmingham New Street before getting the train back home from there on Sunday morning: https://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable#Journey/LEICESTER/MANCHESTER (ANY)/23/12/17/21/30/Leave After//////Leave After/1/0//
Good post, it's all dictated by TV with no thought for the match-going fans, particularly away fans. The Christmas/New Year schedule has always been hectic, but it seems to be more congested than ever. Four games in ten days is mad.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Other PL clubs would be laughed at for this. It's petty. They have a point but to put it on the website is petty.

SirAF

Ageist
How dare the club have a voice. Why are our fans using anything as a stick to beat ourselves with?

This is a fan forum and it's more toxic than than the below the line comments section of a news website.

I just don't understand why the most vocal section of the Internet has its default setting as either negative or outraged. It's a sickness which isn't unique to The Caf, but it feels like we're quickly reaching stage 4 here. It's creeping into every thread, the match day thread is like Chernobyl.
This. What's wrong with people? :lol:

How is that article complaining and childish? It's a legit concern.

pascell

This place is laughable now, taking digs at the club because we now find ourselves at a disadvantage to the other big 5. I'm 1000% sure the same people calling the club 'pathetic' for raising the issue, wouldn't be saying that if we lost Pogba to another lengthy hamstring injury due to the fixture congestion.

The club is merely protecting it's players by voicing it's concerns with the fixture pile up, stating the players will have much less time to rest than the other teams.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Good post, it's all dictated by TV with no thought for the match-going fans, particularly away fans. The Christmas/New Year schedule has always been hectic, but it seems to be more congested than ever. Four games in ten days is mad.
Yeah, it feels that way. Incidentally, and some of the younger posters may not quite believe this, even as recently as the early years of the Premier League teams actually played games on successive days over the Christmas holiday. I remember in 1993 that City were scheduled to play Villa away on 27th December and Saints at home on the 28th. The Villa game was postponed on the morning of the 27th due to a frozen pitch, but we only found out once we got down there as like a dick, my mate didn't have a radio in his car ffs:lol:

kotha

Yeah, it feels that way. Incidentally, and some of the younger posters may not quite believe this, even as recently as the early years of the Premier League teams actually played games on successive days over the Christmas holiday. I remember in 1993 that City were scheduled to play Villa away on 27th December and Saints at home on the 28th. The Villa game was postponed on the morning of the 27th due to a frozen pitch, but we only found out once we got down there as like a dick, my mate didn't have a radio in his car ffs:lol:
Wow.. How's that even possible,what were they even thinking?!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If only teams were allowed to have large squads of players to enable them to rotate the team and make this a non-issue.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you guys have had a fairly kind christmas schedule for two years running now.

Marcky411

This. What's wrong with people? :lol:

How is that article complaining and childish? It's a legit concern.
Isn't it also building in an excuse if we loose our games, a I told you so. Giving players an excuse before they walk out on the field. It is one thing when Mourinho whines about it like Conte who does it all the time but to put it on the official website makes us look even weaker than we are and this from the biggest club in the world.

AngliaRed

Takes the piss really, all the other top 4 teams have it better. Fatigue and injuries are likely to occur.

I may be in a minority but I’m all for a winter break like la liga!

Status
Not open for further replies.