Fixture complaint on official website

Status
Not open for further replies.

T A

Things have changed a lot since Jose took in charge. I regularly watch United press conferences and realize that our homepage usually crops some content which they consider inapproriate.

However this year the control is loosed a little bit. Last year you rarely saw even a word that Jose criticized players, for example, after defeat to Watford, Jose directly accused Shaw of lacking position awareness, all this part never appeared on homepage. This year, just few days ago, Jose blamed some players for their soft motivation against Bristol, stating that it was just one more day in their office and they didnt even want to come to the office. This time official website only skipped second part.

For more details, there were quite few times last season when Jose used to humiliate Moyes and Van Gaal, calling their reigns "difficult 3 years" that United had been through - our homepage removed this part completely in all Jose's verdict posts. But this season after ridiculous Southampton red card Jose had got, for the first time i saw a decisive act from United official website. They quoted all Bryan Robson's comment in defence of Jose, calling Conte and Klopp "lunatics" on their famous runs and that referee's decision was a joke.

Remember reading somewhere Jose used to fall out with a MUTV presenter, maybe it was his reaction to the club because of not fully supporting him in the war vs media. However after that, seems two parties have had a better understanding by mutual consent

Last edited:

Frank Grimes

Don't like to whinge but it is absolutely unfair the difference in recovery time for fixtures between teams, 3 days is a massive advantage. Sport has to be seen to be as fair as possible, that should be the starting point.

red_devil83

As Manchester United, the greatest club in all the land, the FA should treat us favourably in all possible situations! :angel::D

But seriously, they should endeavour to keep these things fair. It's not hard.

el3mel

They're right. The only ones who need to stop complaining are our fans complaining about the official site saying the truth !

Yes our schedule is the worst compared to the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea. What are we supposed to do ? Shut up our mouth and play to get the same treatment next season ?

el3mel

How dare the club have a voice. Why are our fans using anything as a stick to beat ourselves with?

This is a fan forum and it's more toxic than than the below the line comments section of a news website.

I just don't understand why the most vocal section of the Internet has its default setting as either negative or outraged. It's a sickness which isn't unique to The Caf, but it feels like we're quickly reaching stage 4 here. It's creeping into every thread, the match day thread is like Chernobyl.
It has become unbearable. Basically United are allowed zero voice and shouldn't complain about anything according to its fans. Any other club would have made a hell more out of it, more than an article.

SirAF

Ageist
It has become unbearable. Basically United are allowed zero voice and shouldn't complain about anything according to its fans. Any other club would have made a hell more out of it, more than an article.
It’s so odd. It’s almost like people are dead scared to be perceived as biased, and therefore puts down the club and its staff at any given chance.

el3mel

It’s so odd. It’s almost like people are dead scared to be perceived as biased, and therefore puts down the club and its staff at any given chance.
Either that or they're afraid of other fans mocking our site so take the lead and criticize it to prove that we're not responsible for the site/manager/players.

I don't know since when we have been thinking that way!

iKeano

Pretty pathetic... who in the club thinks this is a good idea and who thinks it will change anything!?
Yes it's difficult to have 4 in 10, but suck it up, knuckle down and maybe practice some football instead of crying rivers at every opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought that was a bit strange, I love the matches close together over Christmas that's what squads are for.

Dinghy

Have we had the toughest christmas schedule for several years running? If not, then I don't quite get the embarrasing whinging.

RedDevil@84

Exactly.
Just another thread in many already on here to shit on Mourinho and club.
No. The thread is about official website posting such things. If they have a problem with Xmas fixtures or not having an Xmas break, then they should take it to FA or PL and fight.
Ferguson use to complain about it for years but we never saw 'getting excuse early' tripe posted back then.
Jose can complain that it is unfair or bad. I wouldn't view it as an excuse. Posting on official website seems petty.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Boo fecking hoo december is a tough month. I'm sure it's not some conspiracy to try and sabotage United.

vangagal

Festive periods will always be a controversy. For all this Premier League' glamorous non stop action 24/7, 7 days a week non stop footbal coverage its all about money. Media has invest a lot of money, in fact billions lot of money to buy PL's TV rights and pretty sure they want to make money from every bit of drama happen in PL. This what happen when this league driven by media consent. What the clubs can do? They can moaning all they want but nothing will happen. SAF and Wenger in fact have been long critique for winter break but did FA bend their knee? No chance.

In fact, part of what makes PL so popular worldwide is this festive periods. Here, in Asia, PL is a big thing as it can be. You can say Madrid or Barca is a popular club but nothing beat PL as a league. Festive periods happen in holiday season, i'm pretty sure people all around the world will watch it at home with joy knowing its everyday matchday. And there's Manchester United. The biggest of them all. Every broadcast will want to cover MU's macthes during this festive period as many as they can because United draws the most attention and the most money from TV comes from United. Its bad or United from manager's point of view but from TV's perspective who cares as long its make money.

Reactions: Penna

red thru&thru

How dare the club have a voice. Why are our fans using anything as a stick to beat ourselves with?

This is a fan forum and it's more toxic than than the below the line comments section of a news website.

I just don't understand why the most vocal section of the Internet has its default setting as either negative or outraged. It's a sickness which isn't unique to The Caf, but it feels like we're quickly reaching stage 4 here. It's creeping into every thread, the match day thread is like Chernobyl.
Spot on. I never understand why the fans don’t just support our club. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes you cringe at the things the club do or say, however, just stop being negative all the time.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Over the years I have heard many managers and clubs complain about various schedules. Heck even fans complain about them.

Nothing to see here. Especially after reading the article, it does not come across as bad at all.

Where is all the whining and complaining in the article?

Last edited:

BigTimeCharlie

Spot on. I never understand why the fans don’t just support our club. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes you cringe at the things the club do or say, however, just stop being negative all the time.
It is because, as the game has become more commercial, more yuppies are getting involved. These guys come from a generation of being taught that it is the taking part that counts and not the winning. Making them ultra non competitive and passionless about their club.

They will have got a trophy for taking part in their sports day when growing up(or last year).

NotBrendanRodgers honest

Supports
Liverpool
Remember when Klopp complained about the same thing and got ridiculed? I memberrr

In all seriousness though, it is seriously unfair and these unfair practices should not be happening in a multi billion £ competitive sport

Oldyella

Agreed. If the club thinks it's unfair scheduling, why shouldn't they put it on their site?

Irrational.

If Liverpool or City had an article like this on their site, we'd be taking the piss out of them for being small-time, moany cnuts.

red thru&thru

It is because, as the game has become more commercial, more yuppies are getting involved. These guys come from a generation of being taught that it is the taking part that counts and not the winning. Making them ultra non competitive and passionless about their club.

They will have got a trophy for taking part in their sports day when growing up(or last year).
Hahahahaha. That is so cock on. My exact view on everything you just said. Great to know that I’m not the only one, who thinks this way.

I generally call these people fans and not supporters. They can never differentiate between the two!

JohnnyKills

Post of the thread:lol: Mind you, ours is shite these days since it was revamped last year

On topic, the reason why this is becoming more of an issue at this time of year is because the TV companies want to show an ever increasing number of games over the festive period and have at least 1 live game every day (except Xmas Eve and Xmas Day of course) which screws the schedule up completely. As such, you're going to get so many anomalies between different clubs.

Of course, it's shit for the match-going fans too with all kinds of weird kick-off times on days where travel options via public transport are scarce to non-existent. There was much lobbying from fan groups when it was rumoured that Arsenal v Liverpool would be on Christmas Eve so what do they go and do? Yep, schedule it for a Friday night instead. And any United fan travelling by train to Leicester for tomorrow night's 7.45 kick-off has no chance of getting the rattler back to Manchester after the game, unless they're prepared to kip on the tiles at Birmingham New Street before getting the train back home from there on Sunday morning: https://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable#Journey/LEICESTER/MANCHESTER (ANY)/23/12/17/21/30/Leave After//////Leave After/1/0//
What's annoying is that we have all these international breaks for pointless friendlies and qualifiers, then we have to squeeze ridiculous amounts of games into other periods to compensate.

JustAFan

The article makes a valid point that we're worse off than other big teams.

The first few responses are predictably pathetic.
The article just seems very fact base to me. No whining. No suggestion anyone is out to get us. At the end they just say it's up to Jose to manage the squad through it. I think more than a few people are adding more meaning to what is written, even adding their own tone.

minoo-utd

No my question means please explain what about the article is embarrassing to you?
Articles like what? What specific quotes from the article embarrass you?
All of it as it never happened before, I don't like any kind of complaining sorry, I fully support Jose but him complains alot that's what I don't like we are not used to that not us IMO.

JustAFan

All of it as it never happened before, I don't like any kind of complaining sorry, I fully support Jose but him complains alot that's what I don't like we are not used to that not us IMO.
So basically nothing in the story is embarrassing and I doubt you even read it. And also Fergie used to complain about our fixtures, opponents fixtures, etc at least once a season.

minoo-utd

So basically nothing in the story is embarrassing and I doubt you even read it. And also Fergie used to complain about our fixtures, opponents fixtures, etc at least once a season.
You doubt I even read it? Why should I hide it? It was just an opinion of mine that this full article is embarrassing and I will say it again and again that I never read this kind of articles on our official website before although it happened alot that we played those tight fixtures! If you're disagree fine I totally respect your point of view but you assuming that I didn't even read it? Just because I stick to an opinion which is different to yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.