Film Flashpoint (DCEU)

Sylar

So, I'm excited but this is where the issue is...

How can you have a cinematic movie of Flashpoint without actually having a flash movie first to establish some things.

A lot of this goes on the assumption you know the flash history right? Unless they cram it all in, with the first 30 minutes then Flashpoint for 1.5 hours?

Mad decision and annoying what theyve done with the dceu given they arguably have better characters and villains vs marvel

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So we got a brief look at 2 Flashes, Supergirl, a Batman & maybe another Batman with the broken cowl shot?! This feels like it’ll be a clusterfeck.

How can you have a cinematic movie of Flashpoint without actually having a flash movie first to establish some things.

A lot of this goes on the assumption you know the flash history right? Unless they cram it all in, with the first 30 minutes then Flashpoint for 1.5 hours?

Mad decision and annoying what theyve done with the dceu given they arguably have better characters and villains vs marvel
IMO they need a Feige to take control & create a cohesive story across their films. I have no idea if Snyder Cut is now canon, where do the upcoming The Batman, Shazam or Black Adam films fit into DCEU (if at all).

Also, aside from the points you’ve made about explaining why Barry does what he does, will the consequences of Flashpoint bleed into other upcoming DC films (like the events of Loki having an effect on other MCU).

choccy77

This film is only going to poplar for one reason and we all know what that is.

Sorry DC Flash, it isn't you!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Only here for Batman..again.
Plus it doesn't help that the guy who plays Flash is a absolute twat in real life.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I can attest to this first hand. Second biggest twat I've met (after James Corden that fat gimp).
I met Ezra Miller at a grocery store in Los Angeles once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I met Ezra Miller at a grocery store in Los Angeles once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
This sounds like him.

Been on a few shoots with him, he's a dick every time.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Not a real story! Heard the same story with loads of different celebrities.
Yeah, I heard this story many times right here on the cafe :lol:

But it does sound like what he would do and I have actually worked with this idiot, he's a true prick.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
if they're following the plot for the comics, Keaton has to be Thomas Wayne right since Affleck is Bruce Wayne.
Nope. It’s the multiverse both can coexist as Batman.

Sylar

The Flashpoint paradox animated movie is still one of the best DC things I've seen away from comics itself

The thing is, you have the source material. You would think a like for like replica but live action is all they need to do right?

So we got a brief look at 2 Flashes, Supergirl, a Batman & maybe another Batman with the broken cowl shot?! This feels like it’ll be a clusterfeck.

IMO they need a Feige to take control & create a cohesive story across their films. I have no idea if Snyder Cut is now canon, where do the upcoming The Batman, Shazam or Black Adam films fit into DCEU (if at all).

Also, aside from the points you’ve made about explaining why Barry does what he does, will the consequences of Flashpoint bleed into other upcoming DC films (like the events of Loki having an effect on other MCU).
They gave the universe to somebody who prioritizes visuals to make awesome trailers rather than somebody who could put this together competently

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
DC have a new rule: there must be a minimum of two Batmans wreaking havoc at all times.

evil_geko

This is a fake "copy paste" story I read about many celebs.

Andersons Dietician

Iris West going to save Ezra every 5 minutes and beat all the bad guys.

On a more serious note the DCU is in a complete mess and this feels like just following through with the movie because they said they would when it probably should have been canned ages ago. Rethink and start again.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Looks shit. I don't know why DC is allergic to colour. The last good superhero film was Winter Soldier.

choccy77

if they're following the plot for the comics, Keaton has to be Thomas Wayne right since Affleck is Bruce Wayne.
Nope he has already confirmed it several times he is Batman. Same costume he wore before as well.

choccy77

Yeah, but Thomas Wayne is Batman in flashpoint multiverse.
Doesn't matter what the comics do.

This isn't the comics and There has been enough public confirmation already so it isn't a spoiler.

Doesn't mean there won't be other surprises, after all it's only Keatons Batman that has been shown so far, meeting the other flashes.

Wait till Adam West show's up :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Doesn't matter what the comics do.

This isn't the comics and There has been enough public confirmation already so it isn't a spoiler.

Doesn't mean there won't be other surprises, after all it's only Keatons Batman that has been shown so far, meeting the other flashes.

Wait till Adam West show's up :lol:

Ekeke

Yeah, but Thomas Wayne is Batman in flashpoint multiverse.
And Barry Allen is blonde. Yet they never have it on tv or movies anymore. Unfortunately they dont care at all about canon or the comics

0le

The continuity of the DCEU confuses me more so than any time travel paradoxes.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Keaton could very well be Thomas Wayne, the film will still be loosely based off the comics. But he could just be batman from his own universe, since the film will only loosely be based of the comics.

choccy77

The continuity of the DCEU confuses me more so than any time travel paradoxes.
It's like the last Suicide Squad film, Will Smith wasn't available, so they basically picked another actor to play a different named character, but with similar skills to fill in temporarily, just so Will Smith can be used in future :lol: