Television Fleabag

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Anyone else seen this? Six-part BBC Three show, it's light, fun, rude and poignant.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is very charming, lovely and whatnot.

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

It was a decent enough series. I always enjoy sitcoms with broken and dysfunctional characters. I liked that no matter how awful and selfish the characters were, it was the American who was the worst.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Really enjoyed it. Very funny and quite poignant at the end.

Not that I have any experience in the area, but I'd say it's a far more accurate reflection of what it's like to be a 30-something single woman than Bridget Jones or Sex and the City. More charming, too.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Good comedy, good writing. Enjoyed it on BBC when it was on.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Seasons 2 episode 1 out. Will give it a watch later

Classical Mechanic

Is it sexy? I quite fancy the lead actress but have never watched it.
It isn't sexy by any means. The whole premise of the show is a comedic warts and all depiction of modern femininity. One of the reasons it has been successful is that it chimes with the deconstruction of traditional female gender roles we have seen in recent years.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Caught a bit of this the other day and it looked great.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Why does this show not get more recognition?

I personally love the nitty gritty shows you tend to find at the deepest corners of BBC 3 on a Friday night, this fits that bill, but with the success of killing eve, im surprised this isnt a lot more popular.

0le

I've really enjoyed all the episodes. The intro music to the show is also very good.

Adebesi

Why does this show not get more recognition?

I personally love the nitty gritty shows you tend to find at the deepest corners of BBC 3 on a Friday night, this fits that bill, but with the success of killing eve, im surprised this isnt a lot more popular.
Its quite different to Killing Eve though. I can see why this show might not do it for everyone, the piece to camera moments might get on some peoples' nerves, for example.

I like both shows but Killing Eve is better IMO.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Watched the first few episodes, very good, got a real energy to it and the writing is superb.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Trailer was horrific but will give it a go based on the comments in here.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
First season was great, second was even better. The writing was superb throughout but the season finale was pretty much perfect.

Also helps that the main character (do we call her Fleabag?) has a lovely expressive face.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
We watched both seasons last week, it's very good. Not your standard lighthearted haha-comedy at all, more like a comical drama.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Phoebe Waller-Bridge is hot. It's the way she looks into the camera.

Actually it can't be because when Gentleman Jack does the same thing I just don't get the same feeling.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is hot. Maybe she just looks at me. Has anybody else seen her looking at them.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Phoebe Waller-Bridge is hot. It's the way she looks into the camera.

Actually it can't be because when Gentleman Jack does the same thing I just don't get the same feeling.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is hot. Maybe she just looks at me. Has anybody else seen her looking at them.
Perhaps weirdly I think the character is more attractive than the actress herself, despite them looking exactly the same.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I just can't bring myself to watch this Guardianista self-indulgence fest. But then, I'm an idiot.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Perhaps weirdly I think the character is more attractive than the actress herself, despite them looking exactly the same.
Do you know Phoebe Waller-Bridge? What's she like in real life? I'm sure she's not as bad as you say.

Perhaps if I gave you my contact details you could put in a kind word for me.

I don't normally stalk celebs but she just connects with me when she looks into …….. well you know.

Classical Mechanic

I just can't bring myself to watch this Guardianista self-indulgence fest. But then, I'm an idiot.
I liked it but found it irritating at the same time. It's right on but in a very very middle class London type of way. I also found fleabag kind of annoying, especially when she kept breaking the fourth wall.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I also found fleabag kind of annoying, especially when she kept breaking the fourth wall.
Done well (and sparingly), it's great; otherwise, it's the irritating visual equivalent of 'Needless to say, I had the last laugh'.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Ive only just got round to watching this, and have to say I loved it. Binge watched all 12 episodes in one. So funny and bitter sweet.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I literally can not find anything to criticize
I wanted it to be longer but that's usually how it is with shows that don't stretch for the sake of it. One of those shows where the writing is bang on the money. Never a dull/cringey/meh moment.