Television Fleabag

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It was good but I think probably a bit overrated given the gushing-over it has received.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I wanted it to be longer but that's usually how it is with shows that don't stretch for the sake of it. One of those shows where the writing is bang on the money. Never a dull/cringey/meh moment.
I'd like more episodes but I think it ended at the right time, she had dealt with a lot of shit, learned not to hate herself and was ready for the next chapter if her life?

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Still not quite over that moment where the priest stares into the camera for the first time. Genius stuff.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It's watchable but amazingly overrated.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Yea it’s definitely excellent. Season 1 alone was fantastic in its own right and season 2 was even better.

izzydiggler

I quite liked it but the hype was overblown and people likening it to classic comedies do it no favours - amusing but forgettable.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Think this is an incredible bit of analysis - really underlines how brilliant the show was. Hot Priest noticing the 4th wall breaks was such a paradigm shift.

cafecillos

I thought that the priest noticing the 4th wall breaking was genius, tbh. I don't know if it'd been done before but it was certainly the first time I saw it. There are a couple of interesting things in that video that I hadn't noticed, but there's some overanalysing going on too, and some of the interpretations don't seem particularly plausible or entirely intended to me.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Rewatching this after seeing this thread bumped. It's brilliant

Zen

I thought that the priest noticing the 4th wall breaking was genius, tbh. I don't know if it'd been done before but it was certainly the first time I saw it. There are a couple of interesting things in that video that I hadn't noticed, but there's some overanalysing going on too, and some of the interpretations don't seem particularly plausible or entirely intended to me.
It's not as massively uncommon as you'd think, and most comedies that use the fourth wall have likely toyed with it at some point, for a lot, it's just not hit as well, since as pointed out in that video, there's a deeper reasoning to the fourth wall in the first place with Fleabag... which helps.