Music Fleet Foxes - Shore (new album)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So they released a surprise new album yesterday titled "Shore" much to my delight. Haven't had the time to listen to it but there's no chance I wasn't going to be one to make a thread on it.

The whole album has been uploaded by them on YouTube as was the case last time.

One song here for reference.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Listened to it yesterday. Just the once so don't have much of a grip on it yet, but I liked what I heard.

Their debut was one of the first "alternative" albums I ever discovered as a very young kid. I was 13/14 years old and sat in the chair at the barbers when 'White Winter Hymnal' came on the radio they had in there. Was one of those moments where, at 13/14, you feel like the world has presented you with something completely new. Memorised the lyrics and waited for the host to announce who they were, then I immediately went home and found the album on the Internet.

Such a wonderful album with two great ones to follow as well. Helplessness Blues came to mean a lot to me in 2011 because I was listening to it a lot in the aftermath of my first proper break-up when I was 17/18. The title track especially pushed me through a few days where I was feeling sad and heartbroken. And then City played the song at the Etihad before our title win against QPR and had a bit of a cry because of how good we'd suddenly become.

Always happy to put time aside to listen to Fleet Foxes.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Listened to it yesterday. Just the once so don't have much of a grip on it yet, but I liked what I heard.

Their debut was one of the first "alternative" albums I ever discovered as a very young kid. I was 13/14 years old and sat in the chair at the barbers when 'White Winter Hymnal' came on the radio they had in there. Was one of those moments where, at 13/14, you feel like the world has presented you with something completely new. Memorised the lyrics and waited for the host to announce who they were, then I immediately went home and found the album on the Internet.

Such a wonderful album with two great ones to follow as well. Helplessness Blues came to mean a lot to me in 2011 because I was listening to it a lot in the aftermath of my first proper break-up when I was 17/18. The title track especially pushed me through a few days where I was feeling sad and heartbroken. And then City played the song at the Etihad before our title win against QPR and had a bit of a cry because of how good we'd suddenly become.

Always happy to put time aside to listen to Fleet Foxes.
This is pretty much how I felt when I discovered them just at an older age (25/26).

Helplessness Blues, though, remains my favourite ever album.

I've heard that this one is brighter and chirpier than the more experimental Crack Up.

Hopefully will be able to give it a solid listen or two over the next two days.