Florian Neuhaus...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s had a brilliant 18 months and is developing into a gem of a central midfielder. He has great technique and passing range, and is good for a goal from the centre of the park too. 6ft tall with a good engine on him - I think he can go to the top of the game.

Last edited:

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Good Bundesliga player but little to suggest he would cut it at a Champions League contender.

Not even the best CM at Gladbach as that title probably befalls a fully fit Zakaria.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
.Probably the best player at Gladbach and would be a fantastic signing for most teams IMO. He's a box to box mid with good mobility, passing range and a goal threat that would slot in nicely in a midfield two.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Good Bundesliga player but little to suggest he would cut it at a Champions League contender.

Not even the best CM at Gladbach as that title probably befalls a fully fit Zakaria.
That was my initial view of him, due to him not being an eye-catching player. But over time, I’ve come to appreciate his quality.

I suspect many people would have made a similar assessment of Joshua Kimmich that you have given, for example, when they first started watching him. I have a feeling everyone will overlook Neuhaus and he’ll get a move to a higher profile team and prove a shrewd signing. Like a Henderson type of impact perhaps.

Wayne's World

Looks a nice tidy player from what I have seen of him. Seems to perform in the big games too

He has Bayern written all over him though

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That was my initial view of him, due to him not being an eye-catching player. But over time, I’ve come to appreciate his quality.

I suspect many people would have made a similar assessment of Joshua Kimmich that you have given, for example, when they first started watching him. I have a feeling everyone will overlook Neuhaus and he’ll get a move to a higher profile team and prove a shrewd signing. Like a Henderson type of impact perhaps.
He's being linked to Bayern and Real, I wouldn't call that overlooked. He supposedly has a release clause as well, though it has been reported to be north of €40m. My impression is that Bayern need an anchor more than they need a b2b(ish) player like Neuhaus. But if they feel the need to replace Tolisso that might change.

Aouer-United

He's weak defensively. Don't think he's worthy of first quality materials for a team that wants to challenge for titles. If we're looking at young midfielders who can excel in a double pivot

It would be Fabian Ruiz, Bentancur, Konrad Laimer, or Locatelli for me

I probably would go for Laimer as CM and Locatelli as holding midfielders in Matic/Fred role. High work rate and is excellent on ball. Laimer didn't have a history of recurring injuries before his first major injury in the summer but if Lamier can get back to his form when he's fitness, we should get him.

Dolf

Heard he has a 39m release clause? Should have gone for him instead of Van de Beek. It's not too late though

Tom8700

Supports
Bayern
Looks a nice tidy player from what I have seen of him. Seems to perform in the big games too

He has Bayern written all over him though
Nah, he is no player for Bayern. Not good enough by any strech of imagination. Dortmund level player at best.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Nah, he is no player for Bayern. Not good enough by any strech of imagination. Dortmund level player at best.
Two years ago maybe nobody would have disagreed with you but Neuhaus has developed a lot in that time frame and he will only turn 24 years old in march, i.e. his best years as CM are still ahead of him. I feel like he will be one of those players who can continually improve so I'd be careful to make an early judgement, not to mention there were plenty of people who thought the same about Goretzka or even Kimmich. Neuhaus also managed to impress in his last games for the german NT (not easy considering how chaotic the german NT plays atm).
Would he improve us immediately? Obviously not if you have Kimmich/Goretzka already in your team but he'd probably do a better job than Tolisso or any other CM option we currently have. The question is if Neuhaus has the mentality for a club like Bayern and whether or not he is interested in a move because the competition is of course tough.