Gaming FM 2008 - Caf Network Game

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
For all who have FM 2008, this is the post for the Network game we'll be starting. Below are the people in it and soon to be their teams, we need to devise a method of picking teams.

Participants:

SOLIUS - Tottenham
GH78 - Fulham
DANNISTELROOY - Sunderland
ADDICT - Birmingham - Relegated Blackburn Rovers & Ipswich
REDDEVIL#26655 - Portsmouth - Relegated Portsmouth & West Brom, FA Cup Winner 09/10
UTD HEAP - Newcastle - Relegated Newcastle
JACOB - Everton - Premiership, FA Cup and UEFA Cup Runners Up 08/09 - Community Shield Runner Up, League Cup & Champions League Winner 09/10 Premiership & Club World Championship Winner 10/11 Community Shield Winner 11/12

Teams Allowed:

Premiership Team, cannot have Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal

Leaves 16 teams to be chosen, you may be Derby if your up for a challenge :houllier:.

I myself would like to be Tottenham, if anyone else wants them say so and we'll negotiate. Else not state the team you wish to have below.

EDIT: Also make sure you all have update 8.0.2 as thats the database we'll be using.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
lets see who pics citeh.

pick everton or villa if you want to be safe.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
When are you planning to play? I may be Sunderland.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Good question, I'm not entirely sure. Anyone played a network game before?

MikeUpNorth

Good question, I'm not entirely sure. Anyone played a network game before?
Well I have on a local area network and you do all have to be online at the same time. Either that or the host server (whoever starts the game, with the database running on their computer) can force absent managers into holiday mode so that the game can continue.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Well I have on a local area network and you do all have to be online at the same time. Either that or the host server (whoever starts the game, with the database running on their computer) can force absent managers into holiday mode so that the game can continue.
Hmm, ok well we'll need to note times when we're all gonna be on then. That or maybe narrow down the amount of people to keep things less complicated.

If not we'll just do the holiday thing for them.

MikeUpNorth

Oh and when you're setting up the game, make sure you UNTICK 'move matches for TV'. This means that all matches are played at the same time and prevents loads of waiting around whilst other managers are playing their games.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh and when you're setting up the game, make sure you UNTICK 'move matches for TV'. This means that all matches are played at the same time and prevents loads of waiting around whilst other managers are playing their games.
Yeah I read something about that when trying before.

Woodzy

You don't have to all be online at the same time as far as i know. The game carries on as if the players not online were actual manages within the game, and take full control of the club etc.

The host does have to be online everytime though obviously.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You don't have to all be online at the same time as far as i know. The game carries on as if the players not online were actual manages within the game, and take full control of the club etc.

The host does have to be online everytime though obviously.
Ta, I'll be the host unless anyone else will be on more than me?

Woodzy

Ta, I'll be the host unless anyone else will be on more than me?
It'll be more useful to pick the person with the fastest computer i suppose. The mass amount of users wont slow the game down, but it takes longer in general, therefor faster load times would be helpful.

Also, could i get in on this?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It'll be more useful to pick the person with the fastest computer i suppose. The mass amount of users wont slow the game down, but it takes longer in general, therefor faster load times would be helpful.

Also, could i get in on this?
I have no idea how to determine who has the fastest computer, and yeah sure, pick a team and I'll add you to the list.

PeteReDevil

iPete
What a timing this is! :mad:
Just threw away mine. Have done so every year when I get too addicted :lol:
Took too much time from the paper I'm writing :houllier:

VP

I'm up for this. I'll be Everton. But there's almost no chance of this working. I've tried it a few times with 2 or 3 friends and it didn't work.

Maybe better off doing what we did last summer with Redcafe United.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I'm up for this. I'll be Everton. But there's almost no chance of this working. I've tried it a few times with 2 or 3 friends and it didn't work.

Maybe better off doing what we did last summer with Redcafe United.
Thats what I thought, won't it be ridiculously slow or summit? Well assuming it works I will take Blackburn

CrazyBelgian

I expect it to be very slow, certainly when you get 16 teams/players at the same time. (Is it even possible to play with that much people?)

Too bad I have exams coming up, otherwise I would have joined.

SmashedHombre

West Ham

By the way, I've never played a network game, so I don't actually know how it works.:confused:
No me neither, I've not even played FM2008. I'm assuming santa cruz's stats are out of this world though and that he is single handedly going to propel me to the top of the table.

SmashedHombre

I was hoping you could be persuaded to sell;)
You couldn't afford him mate. I might be persuaded to take a player exchange for him if PSmith is willing to give me Yakubu, Cahill and Arteta. Oh and I will give you 3.5 for Ashton. It's a good offer, I think you shoudl take it

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
You couldn't afford him mate. I might be persuaded to take a player exchange for him if PSmith is willing to give me Yakubu, Cahill and Arteta. Oh and I will give you 3.5 for Ashton. It's a good offer, I think you shoudl take it
3.5m?! Is that a sick joke? Give me McCarthy, Samba and Pedersen and £5m cash and he's yours:D

PS - Since I like you, you can pay the £5m in installments over 6 months.

SmashedHombre

3.5m?! Is that a sick joke? Give me McCarthy, Samba and Pedersen and £5m cash and he's yours:D

PS - Since I like you, you can pay the £5m in installments over 6 months.
Fine but I want first option on any of your up and coming youth products

SmashedHombre

Then it's a deal, although I have no obligation to sell.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:(Laughing in a monsterous sort of way. Well, kind of)
Really? Bollocks to that then. I will just settle for PSmith's offer of Cahill, Arteta and Yakubu for Santa Cruz and that will probably be most of my transer dealings done for the season.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Really? Bollocks to that then. I will just settle for PSmith's offer of Cahill, Arteta and Yakubu for Santa Cruz and that will probably be most of my transer dealings done for the season.
And there's me thinking we had a good relationship:nono:

I know of a few bargains on FM anyway, my team will be unstoppable after I've spent around £5m.

SmashedHombre

And there's me thinking we had a good relationship:nono:

I know of a few bargains on FM anyway, my team will be unstoppable after I've spent around £5m.
I'll just bid on your targets then and offer them better contracts. Couple this with me getting half of Evertons team, and I will be unbeatable.

I'm an FM genius already and I haven't even played it yet

Woodzy

Argh, i knew i went to bed at the wrong time last night, all the good teams have been taken. Ah well, i'll take Wigan.

Heskey for £30 million anyone?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Argh, i knew i went to bed at the wrong time last night, all the good teams have been taken. Ah well, i'll take Wigan.

I wouldn't even consider paying £30,000 for that useless lump, never mind £30m.

I'll take Valencia and Koumas off you though.

SmashedHombre

Thats not a bad offer. I'll double whatever esmufc07 bids

Woodzy

I'll be free from around 8.30 onwards tonight if anyone wants to play. We should make a rule that 80% of players involved have to be online before we can continue playing. So when games are played without players being online they can't really complain because the majority of people were online, and the game can't be continued simply because 2 or 3 people wanna play.